Game-Labs Forum

Patch 15: Tutorial testing and many other things

admin

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Sure that. Still she could end be quite off target. Will you not get a bit angry seeing your new PB/RvR LO/WO tanky Santissima getting "very fast" and your fast light raider "sturdy"?

From what i can tell, those special boni you might get on your crafted ship are quite minimal. "Very Sturdy" gives a small bonus of 5% HP.

17 minutes ago, elite92 said:

good job guys! eta to finish?

What's all the bonuses you can get. I only know the Sturdy one so far. 5% extra Armor is no small bonus. 

53 minutes ago, admin said:

We prefer players to surprise themselves and find out it in game by playing because its exciting to learn new things yourself.
sorry but it was like this for 2 years or more. we are huge dark souls fans and dark souls series does not explain half of the things happening in game.

i get so annoyed. ffs just tell us. we are supposed to test flowers. that means you need to know how flowers SHOULD work before we can see if it DOES work

- now it smells much better - the moderation team

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, admin said:

We prefer players to surprise themselves and find out it in game by playing because its exciting to learn new things yourself.
sorry but it was like this for 2 years or more. we are huge dark souls fans and dark souls series does not explain half of the things happening in game.

Yes, but in DS there is a lore... ;)

1 minute ago, Knobby said:

and you brought back variable slots on crafted ships. WHY do you keep going full 180 on everything. we have already tested this, everybody hated it. just stop messing pls

They changed because nobody asked to change. 

Anyway - TBH - it's quite a good change for ship crafters like me.

1 minute ago, victor said:

They changed because nobody asked to change. 

Anyway - TBH - it's quite a good change for ship crafters like me.

Its good that you will sell your ships with bonuses more. It's bad that you won't sell unbonus ships at all. 

34 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I do agree... and I do agree that all ships were slightly different.

A bit harassing is getting a "trim" contrary to the ship conceived.

If you build a teak/teak... and got more or less any bonus, you can refit her to take advantage of it.

But if you build a LO/WO ship "very fast" (granted wood speed loss of 8.5%) you are getting an almost useless trim as you cant make her fast as extra thickness (idea) on a fir fir as you cant make it tanky

i do know that not every ship plan ,.. works out the same

some times same ships differ greatly ..so yeah i think rng on the build is good but only in a better way not a awful one 

also starting ship builders, making elite ship, is premature

i hope devs make ship builders invluence

Edited by Thonys

13 hours ago, admin said:

100%
Use them while they last. Though the reason is not the money but database - there are currently 800k forged papers in the database taking space and reducing speed. Total number of items in redeemables is above 5 mln. They all will get removed including all other unused redeemables except for XP and crafting XP. Player gifts and testing items will be moved to claimable gifts like in most other games. Which you have to login and claim. Separate announcement on redeemables will be made some time soon.

Although a temporary forged paper will be provided to all new players for 30 days to change a nation just in case they make a wrong choice (on every new account creation).  After 30 day free ride, nation change will be a paid service like in all MMOs (it will be cheaper than WOW's nation change of course as we are an indie company and eat less)

Two points to be made here.

1- How many of those redeemables are on dead or inactive accounts?  (Accounts that have not been logged into in over 30days?)

2- How many of those redeemables are from the great server merger? 

Lastly will forged papers be trade items?  Will I be able to buy one and give it to a friend? 

13 hours ago, Latron said:

Ships were unrealistically fast and the current speed meta is getting annoying because too many players are running from fair fights. Hopefully this will encourage people to care less about speedy ships made of paper and more about ships that can take a punch

If they were faster than you before, they will still be faster than you now....  I dont see how that changes anything. 

My 15kn Prince vs your 13kn Buce.  Before the 7% reduction in speed, my Prince could easily out run you by 2knt.... After the 7% reduction... I can STILL out run you by 2knts....

I would prefer the ship bonus to be a choice - bit like a blueprint - once you craft a ship with a specific characteristic you should be able to do it again by choice - if it is possible to get a fourth module slot that is an advantage that is very useful given that so many items are stackable. - Just a few - sturdy/robust/fast/turns/strong masts with no extra module slots please - these are already rather good.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Clearly you don't remember how this worked in the past.  Those blue and purple ships you produced? How many did you sell?  I remember that across two level 50 crafters I leveled those ships went straight back to parts in the end because people only wanted gold, 3-5 ships, and that's what was needed to be competitive when you were running up against a 25 man fleet of gold, 3-5 port battle ships. 

I'm sorry, but this world where any RNG-based bonus on a ship is just "extra," and where people are happy with a ship that is not the perfect combination of RNG-bonuses is just a fantasy, at least among the hard core of this game.

I remember well, but it's you that do not remember how it actually worked.

At that time you could decide to craft with the colors (you had to add a specific ingredient - whose name I do not recall - 1 to get green, 2 to get blue, 3 to get purple and 4 to get gold), now it's random.

The difference is that now "normal" ships will be available on the market, while in the old days "not gold" ships were not produced at all (unless for levelling crafting).

Now 

Edited by victor

45 minutes ago, Christendom said:

So if you already changed the tagging defenders bit from yesterday, does that mean you were actually wrong then?

My guess they knew from start that they wouldn’t do it. They do it on each patch. Give us something we don’t like. Lissen a bit and then remove it. So we accept the other changes, that we maybe wouldn’t like.

14 hours ago, Latron said:

Ships were unrealistically fast and the current speed meta is getting annoying because too many players are running from fair fights. Hopefully this will encourage people to care less about speedy ships made of paper and more about ships that can take a punch

Everyone plays as they wish. If you want a fight, it doesn’t mean all the others in that moment want to. You should show a little bit of respect for other players’s style and ship choyce. :)

Edited by blubasso

18 minutes ago, Odol said:

Two points to be made here.

1- How many of those redeemables are on dead or inactive accounts?  (Accounts that have not been logged into in over 30days?)

2- How many of those redeemables are from the great server merger? 

Lastly will forged papers be trade items?  Will I be able to buy one and give it to a friend? 

Guy - what does this matters? We play in a pre-release-game as tester. It's absolutly normal, that things get wiped. By the way, a "wipe" of the redeemables is the lesser evil, than a wipe of ships and assets.

It's boring after every announcement these "tell me this, tell me that,..."

Just now, HamBlower said:

Guy - what does this matters? We play in a pre-release-game as tester. It's absolutly normal, that things get wiped. By the way, a "wipe" of the redeemables is the lesser evil, than a wipe of ships and assets.

It's boring after every announcement these "tell me this, tell me that,..."

It matters because if the Admin is going to gripe about the numbers of redeemables slowing him down, then cut those that are no longer active... you know like most games do, purge inactive accounts.