Game-Labs Forum

Patch 15: Tutorial testing and many other things

admin

3 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Why no real physics for carronades? 

Historical gunnery - Realistic ballistics and cannon performance of the period.

I guess nobody expects 100% super accurate physics, but your carros are 0%.

carronades have realistic trajectories and drops - they were overnerfed some time ago and had to come back. they still dont penetrate anything serious after 500m and have bad accuracy

• Like 7

Whilst ships were penetrated they did not actually sink quickly if at all, especially 1st and 3rd rates. Thickness is a substitute for this and I thought the balance previously (couple of patches ago) was better. 

Carronades/double should do proportionately more crew damage due to the extra splinters caused at lower velocity rather than increased structural damage.

23 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

hours... like what ? From Charleston to El Toco ? That's hours.

try cocubacoa to macanao lol dutch waters are hit hard

but who cares the ZERG is not there

Edited by Thonys

3 minutes ago, Rouleur said:

Carronades/double should do proportionately more crew damage due to the extra splinters caused at lower velocity rather than increased structural damage.

carronades DO more splinter damage

• Like 2

*sigh*

1) 2 minutes join timer when defending a port is just ridiculous. Not being able to defend port against zerg fleet is beyond my belief. What in the world should keep a defending fleet out of a  of a port where the ships is anchored up?

2) Giving new crafted ships extra upgrade slot is also bad. Now everyone is going to replace all ships to get that extra slot

Everything else seems fine

54 minutes ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Can't even leave port...

53 minutes ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Did they change the number of ships per port...I have 15 slots and 10 ships...but can't craft a new one???

pve server is having problems. going to be stopped soon for a fix.

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

OMG the masts /o\

Theoretically I can demast the Santis lower section with 18pd double charge. I have to test that shit :D 

How realistic is charged shot? Maybe remove it from game? I need to test all this later of course but dismasting seems to easy again. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

How realistic is charged shot? Maybe remove it from game? I need to test all this later of course but dismasting seems to easy again. 

Charged is total BS from a historical stand point. Don't know how realistic it is, probably no one was stupid enough to try it out.

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

Not true, new ships have 3 slots

We added a great potential benefit for the crafters, that will make them matter more (just like it was after release). 
Crafters can build a much better ship occasionally. 

• Like 4

It would be highly appreciated by a lot of people if you could actually make some real patch notes, inluding the new refits and crafting slots on new ships and what they do ...

We just had a Bucentaure crafted with VERY STURDY Bonus, but of course no idea what VERY STURDY does ...

• Like 3

Just now, Pada said:

Charged is total BS from a historical stand point. Don't know how realistic it is, probably no one was stupid enough to try it out.

With the improvement of powder navies mostly used half charge or 1/3 charge.  But they could use full charge and did use it from time to time to give more power to a shot (increasing the penetration and distance of the first graze)

Some sources say that the difference in powder quality and size of the charge was indicated by color ribbon on the cartridge (red and blue)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Batman said:

It would be highly appreciated by a lot of people if you could actually make some real patch notes, inluding the new refits and crafting slots on new ships and what they do ...

We just had a Bucentaure crafted with VERY STURDY Bonus, but of course no idea what VERY STURDY does ...

We prefer players to surprise themselves and find out it in game by playing because its exciting to learn new things yourself.
sorry but it was like this for 2 years or more. we are huge dark souls fans and dark souls series does not explain half of the things happening in game.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Batman said:

[{"Slot":"ARMOR_ALL_SIDES","MappingIds":["MODULE_BASE_HP"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5}]

(Very Sturdy = +5% Armor HP) 
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

With the improvement of powder navies mostly used half charge or 1/3 charge.  But they could use full charge and did use it from time to time to give more power to a shot (increasing the penetration and distance of the first graze)

Some sources say that the difference in powder quality and size of the charge was indicated by color ribbon on the cartridge (red and blue)

But in game it says Double Charge. Maybe rename it to Full charge? When i read double charge i think about it would turn into a grenade after a few shots.

1 minute ago, TommyShelby said:

[{"Slot":"ARMOR_ALL_SIDES","MappingIds":["MODULE_BASE_HP"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":5}]

(Very Sturdy = +5% Armor HP)

Admin wanted to be cute and make it a mystery. Thanks for figuring it out. 

Just now, Pada said:

But in game it says Double Charge. Maybe rename it to Full charge? When i read double charge i think about it would turn into a grenade after a few shots.

yes a long overdue change but it can wait? if we assume that half charge is a normal charge then a full charge is theoretically a double half charge (or double normal charge). 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, admin said:

We added a great potential benefit for the crafters, that will make them matter more (just like it was after release). 
Crafters can build a much better ship occasionally. 

Can you be more precise, please?