Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

On 2017-12-29 at 12:37 AM, PenguPirate said:

Rank of post captain or higher Will get it for free. I haven't done any RvR since the merge.

There are things you never say out loud. Now this will be reworked in a little ninja patch without patch notes and we all know it, deep within right :ph34r:

Any news about when we can get down to crafting this magneficient looking ship Christian VII ?.

We have been waiting patiently for a long time since we voted it in :-) , the only Danish Man o´war in any game I think, and what a ship for a debut   ....and I for one is most eager to get down to crafting it.

Thank you very much for letting us have a look at it, as i mentioned before it looks like its a beauty!!!.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:33 AM, Cmdr RideZ said:

Copper plating seems to still cost millions.  Other upgrades that are equally expensive?

Increase copper plating drop rate or nerf it?

Pepperridge Farms remembers when upgrades like copper plating were craftable and available for cheap. 

It actually gets my hackles up to think about, and the upgrade system as it is today is one of the reasons I have a really hard time logging in. 

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Rhodry Heidenrich said:

Pepperridge Farms remembers when upgrades like copper plating were craftable and available for cheap. 

It actually gets my hackles up to think about, and the upgrade system as it is today is one of the reasons I have a really hard time logging in. 

I agree 100%

@admin Any plans to fix this?

11 hours ago, Rhodry Heidenrich said:

Everything for the PvP/RvR game should be craftable/harvestable. really frustrating that it's not.

• Like 4

@admin

What was wrong with the 22 hours PB delay so that you felt the need to bring it to 24 hours?

22 hours meant the PB would start roughly at the time the PVE grind started, allowing for a more regular play schedule each day, which is more convenient.

Could you consider bringing back 22 hours delay instead of 24?

• Like 2

The current upgrade/book system is not as good as the earlier MGN craftable upgrades.

Why not to have PvE drops and craftable upgrades?  If you get a copper plating from PvE mission you are happy.  You can still always craft all upgrades.

Why to add PvE random drop grind upgrades to PvP game?  You even announce that the main content is PvP?

Another thing are rare resources that are needed to craft some upgrades.  These rare resources could provide "cheaper" method to craft upgrades.  You should be able craft with MGNs or with rare resources?

Traders sailing and selling silver is better PvP content than everyone grinding PvE in safe zones.  @admin notice that this is a small thing to make people to sail out from safe zones.  A purpose to do so. Can you invent 100 more?

Upgrades should be cheaper than ships.

Books system with PvE grind knowledge slots.  This sucks as well.  I dont even know where to start.  Lets say simply that how does this improve players fun factor?   How this makes PvP better?  PvP was the MAIN content, right?  How does this aim to achieve better PvP?  Will the game sell better with this system? 

Life Is Feudal is btw. a shitty game.  I am playing this shitty game, so I know it is shitty.  Devs decided that you are meant to use autoclicker to get xp :o Can content really get shittier than that?  That game could be awesome, have 1000 times more players, but they decided to add insane PvE auto clicker grind to it.  Players could be fighting against each other and have fun, but instead they decided to go with autoclicker?  You basically watch movies while autoclicker is clicking.   Absolutely freaking retarded game design.  Who the F were the players who actually asked shit like this?

AFK playing the game while watching movies.  Sounds familiar?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I now log on to craft stuff for my guild, but haven't done anything fun.  Still waiting for my favorite ships to be removed from the PVP wall.  I could live with losing a ship every so often to PVP if I could replace it on my own.  This sucks.

3 hours ago, Peiper said:

So I now log on to craft stuff for my guild, but haven't done anything fun.  Still waiting for my favorite ships to be removed from the PVP wall.  I could live with losing a ship every so often to PVP if I could replace it on my own.  This sucks.

Besides 1st Rates only Hermione, Wasa and Wappen are behind the 'PvP wall', right?

55 minutes ago, maturin said:

Besides 1st Rates only Hermione, Wasa and Wappen are behind the 'PvP wall', right?

You know the answer to that question.  Having sailed them for a long time, I have my favorites.  Two Wasa's is the best fleet to go PVE hunting with, and I just enjoy the gunwalls on my Santisima.  I've played well over a thousand hours in the game, and I've earned my stripes.  Game companies that take away stuff from their customers that they've already earned are destined to fail.  I'd rather see the game succeed, and to do so, they need to make sure that everyone who plays can grind their way up to all the content.  Some guys are terrible at PVP, others don't have the time.  Some simply hate PVP and want to be left alone, helping their team/guild in other ways.  Some guys genuinely like to trade, get rich, and not engage in team play.  If you want to let people earn something special from PVP, make it cosmetic - don't take away content.   Have paints, sail colors, figureheads - things like that.  People will fight for them, but no one should be penalized or excluded from the best ships simply because they play for different reasons.   

• Like 3

Let me make this clear.  If it were up to me, I'd make a 1st rate for every guy in my guild when he hits rear admiral.  What's the point of grinding up to to top shelf if you have to go with 2nd rate goods?  If they sunk that Ocean or Vic, I'd make them another one.  Because it's fun.  Because they didn't grind their way to the top to be commodores.  Because THAT'S why I play the game.  

So sick of arguing with people who think PVP players are special players.  Either we're all special or none of us are.  We're all paying players.  Get rid of the segregation of privileges!  We all have fun in different ways, and together, we make up the community that keeps this game alive.  It's not us vs. them.  It's WE fighting for what is right vs. the devs and a few PVP prima donnas.  Why can't we ALL enjoy the game fully in our own ways?  We could before.  We could for two friggin years, and we all had fun.  Now some of us can't.  That's total BS and everyone knows it, even the devs and even the prima donnas.  Find some other way to reward conquests and PVP that doesn't take things away from those who have earned them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Pleae tweak the game so linebattles are a bit more historical correct. Watching battles atm is realy chaotic and too much depending on ramming and turning other ships by ramming, getting as close as possible etc.

main-qimg-8a60242a541d9bc6e146460ef7d85e6b-c

How is this not similar to the last 2 big battles I watched ? ( sweden vs russian empire and danish baltic fleet versus french fleet )

Started with good lines, at a moment notice there was a break through and it evolved into local "duels" and boarding and chases.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 12:48 AM, maturin said:

Wappen - if I recall correctly - is not. You can buy BP and permits (for crafting) for combat marks

Edited by victor

Correct.

Also do not see entire rigging and standing masts being erected ( other than jury rigs ) nor entire ship length planks being nailed and caulked so to build a new ship almost.

On that vein I can see the effect of the wind scattering both formations at first and then coming to a halt for moments as continuous cannonades brought the air to stand still at moments. Can also see the individual duels between ships and captains of ships remaining conscious of their crew and surrendering instead of fighting to the last man.

Also do not see any sinking.

:)

• Like 1

A 3rd rate was assailed by a 4th rate, 74 vs roughly 48 guns. They fought for a long time and eventually the 74 did strike colours after being boarded.

None of the ships had tremendous damage that would sink after. The woods had marks of impacts, from pistol range, of well over thousand of shot. Some three hundred cannon ball were actually encrusted into the wood.

Delicate balance between both armament power and true walls of oak.

I'd actually review the armament, for any mistakes, and leave the ships to their truest form and thickness.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

250m Because guns were not accurate or because guns couldnt penetrate?

To ensure the enemy crew would be battered into submission by violent broadsides, casualties or sheer collapse of will, and boarding, interestingly enough the two biigest ways of ensuring a victory.

Do we need morale ? I admit it is tempting. Will it make a good mechanic ? Many doubt it. We want to fight to the last board, to the last nail, to the last line, to the last hand abord.

Are we doing anything wrong by NOT selecting the leeward to dismast but going in close and either sink or board ? After all..."Never mind the maneuvers, go straight at them" was as true back then as it is in NA.

Leeward choice in game is terrifyingly useful, when it wasn't.

I guess thickness (mods) add to the "realism" of 1st rates as they more often surrendered rather than being straight up sunk.

But in game its just frustrating when they are impenetrable by anything below 24s point blank and have the most capable steelworkers availabe onboard to fix any dent/hole and make her just like new again.

• Like 2