Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

5 hours ago, admin said:

Update is being deployed today 21st Septemeber.

• Changed the icon for available for all ports (so they look less ugly)
  • Removed hostility missions for ports that cannot gain hostility
  • Hacked in the bigger limit for the number of neutral town port battles
  • Improved bonuses for clan controlled ports
  • Added new upgrade French Gunner
  • Added new upgrade French Gunnery Sergeant
  • Added blueprints for French gunners and french gunnery sergeant
  • Several tunings to trading were done (improving chances to find profitable trades)
  • Reduced the distance for hostility missions from the pier by 15%
  • Fixed bug that limited national reinforcement zones by other cities
  • Fixed bug that craft did not work if item was supposed to receive a Labor hour bonus
  • Fixed bug that did not update craft info after teleport from outpost to outpost
  • Fixed bug limiting stone production
  • Fixed bug that did not let players exit the Available for All ports
  • Fixed bug closing the missions near free towns immediately
  • Fixed decals bug on Radeon video cards
  • Fixed several other graphical bugs
  • Other fixes and tunings

Did u realize the reinforcement zones of sweden and denmark are 20 clicks apart from each other? We had a pvp hotspot in danish/swedish waters the last days. Good for hunters, a lot to do for those chasing them. Now its only big bubbles of safezones. I dont get why.

• Like 1

I play on the PVE server trading really is not as good as it was .I have to sail completely across the map to 2 port I found out of 10 that are selling high end goods at the prices they used to be , but they only stock about half of what they used to stock .so its a very long trip only to fill 1 of my indamans .so I started do combat again and still over powered AI,s again carows Dubble charges and all they try and do is Stearns cap you .we went in circles trying to keep him off my Stearn and they still shot at unrealistic angles I can't even shot at . there ship should be completely basic armet and average captains also you should be able to kill there captains and cause disarray on there ship and reduce there ability fire back further. Come on dev

9 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Did u realize the reinforcement zones of sweden and denmark are 20 clicks apart from each other? We had a pvp hotspot in danish/swedish waters the last days. Good for hunters, a lot to do for those chasing them. Now its only big bubbles of safezones. I dont get why.

Because all reinforcement zones should work the same for all uncapturable ports independently from surrounding waters.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Because all reinforcement zones should work the same for all uncapturable ports independently from surrounding waters.

I can understand this attempt, though it decreases ow pvp (non rvr related) even more. Before you fixed it, every player could do missions safely. Now - at least in Sweden/Denmark - you can do nearly all of your game in your safe zone. I could arrange with the way it was before, now its even worse. What attempt does an avarage player have to leave this zone?

Though i could imagine free ports could have a higher importance again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Before you fixed it, every player could do missions safely. Now - at least in Sweden/Denmark - you can do nearly all of your game in your safe zone.

The size of the safe zone is the same around uncapturable ports.
It should not be cut by other ports and this creates partial safety for 2 nations (all other nations have no nearby ports cutting into the safe zone). All profitable ports are outside of the safe waters. But yes you are correct and thats was the purpose, players should be able to do most activities in the safe zone if they wish so.

2 hours ago, Malachy said:

The other benefit is I don't have to run around transportin goods. As a ship builder, all materials flow directly to me. If I'm low on something I mention to the person responsible for that item and I'll have 1000 of it in stock in a few minutes usually. There is no way the market can even come close to that level of efficiency.

That you cant imagine something doesnt mean its not possible. I sold 40 - 50 ships for profit per month purely using the capital market after the wipe. Even with way more expensive ships it was noticable that demand decreased with time making it more and more difficult. The problem is you cant make ships expensive enough, when people dont loose ships. When no ships are lost on a PvE server for example, ships that never sink or rot with time basically would have to cost infinite stuff, otherwise its just a matter of time until demand is gone. If we cant increase PvP/RvR to make people loose more ships, ships will always be too cheap.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Stacking to infinity will be always more important than making a profit. There is no such thing as "surplus" for clans. History of this game has proven hundreds of times that hoarding and stacking is important.

Its not important, but people think it is. Take all those items that got wiped, they became worthless. Without a wipe they would still be there. Same is going to happen with goods youre stacking now. Its pointless.

Ofcourse you keep up stacks for flexibility or as a buffer, but i dont see the point to keep up more materials than i can use within the next weeks. And there is a problem when you stack too much. Goods could loose value. 

In general if economy would be balanced, people wouldnt be able to stack that much. When firstrate would be so expensive that fleets would consist of mainly 3rd rates for example. Assume gold would be a limiting factor for first rates, what do you think how fast people would try to make profit on the market an sell stuff they dont need in near future.

Edited by Fargo

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

51 minutes ago, admin said:

36 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I can understand this attempt, though it decreases ow pvp (non rvr related) even more. Before you fixed it, every player could do missions safely. Now - at least in Sweden/Denmark - you can do nearly all of your game in your safe zone. I could arrange with the way it was before, now its even worse. What attempt does an avarage player have to leave this zone?

Though i could imagine free ports could have a higher importance again.

18 minutes ago, admin said:

The size of the safe zone is the same around uncapturable ports.
It should not be cut by other ports and this creates partial safety for 2 nations (all other nations have no nearby ports cutting into the safe zone). All profitable ports are outside of the safe waters. But yes you are correct and thats was the purpose, players should be able to do most activities in the safe zone if they wish so.

What we need now are new PvP areas as Pala said. Before last past many users said we need very good reasons to go out of that reinforcement zones. If that is the case, everything is fine. The players fear pvp is dead now, because the capitol areas were pvp hotspots before. The problem isn't the reinforcement zone (maybe it should be smaller). The problem is, there is no appeal for players to go out of that zone. There is no indicator for player where to find enemies in the very very big world outside the reinforcement zones.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Looking forward to see the improvements.

I noticed yesterday that in a battle, the near fort, after firing, became reallyyy big. Hope it is fixed.

What we found is if another port battle starts it does that so if there are two port battles at once the forts and towers get really really big.

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Hmmm, have you opened the knowledge slots on the LGV and Indiaman? Because I really dont know what it is the reasoning behind doing battles with trader ships.

and it's not counting any combat you done, I got one char that has used the LGV to hunt other traders and it's not listed any xp on it.

5 hours ago, Jeheil said:

I'm assuming the French Gunnery Sargent increases the range of your rear cannons for when you are running away.

Thanks for the prompt patch notes...and for the patch :)

We always make bad french jokes when we are fighting the white flag neutral ships.  When my pirate crafter was French many moons ago I use to always carry muskets on my ships.   

Though on that topic it seems there is now reason to do the normal as the elite doens't take any skill books or anything.  

51 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Finally back on track for fixing and improving... not randomly throwing out and starting over with new systems.  Good work admin, 'bout time.

It could be time for many to change their reviews on Steam to positive. There has been very good improvements thus UI and lack of content will keep reviews bad in majority of casual players.

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 2

getting back to being able to buy extra life's for you ship in pirate den or admiralty store by either CM or Gold . I as well as many  others craft and add rair or hard to find up grades and mods .no we don't won't to lose are ships .it's not about willing to risk are ships its about having insurance for my favorite ships with its hard earned and difficult to find and exspinsive mods and addons .we had durabilitys for are ship before so why not have the availability to purchase the in are shops . if you don't won't them then don't buy then ,but for us value you are stuff we should be able to which we would be willing to take more risks then . or make it that you never lose thoughs mods then . one or the other.

Edited by Captain corn blower

I dont get it why the savezones where increased even more.

What if as example the Swedes attack Road Town, there will be screening battles - so can they call for reinforcements in the RvR?

IMHO - i think savezones are a big mistake as they are implemented now, turning to most active PvP zones into PvE without any replacements for the PvP minded folks.

Please shrink the zones back to their former size and develop an other solution, because right now it is killing off OW PvP (that little what still was left).

This is a PvP server! There is a PvE server for the folks who cant stand PvP (this is no rant, this is fact!).

Edited by sveno
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, sveno said:

I dont get it why the savezones where increased even more.

What if as example the Swedes attack Road Town, there will be screening battles - so can they call for reinforcements in the RvR?

IMHO - i think savezones are a big mistake as they are implemented now, turning to most active PvP zones into PvE without any replacements for the PvP minded folks.

Please shrink the zones back to their former size and develop an other solution, because right now it is killing of OW PvP (that little what still was left).

This is a PvP server! There is a PvE server for the folks who cant stand PvP (this is no rant, this are facts!).

Wasnt expecting that from you lol :)

• Like 1

Maybe we could test auto-signaling (perk) for the unconquerable regions, so that the battle stays open forever until the nation owning the unconquerable region has 1.3 - 1.5 times the BR? Seeing that AI reinforcments up to 1.5x the attackers BR are not really helpful.

I get that those zones are supposed to ensure a risk free place to level up, but its kinda killing non-PB-PvP

Edited by Liq
  • Like 1

What's the incentive to leave the safe zone now? With very few exceptions, ports in the safe zones are just as good as ports outside of it. PBurg - Oranje - Gustavia - CdS provide *everything* you need for ship building. So there's no point in that regard. And I bet it's the very same for all the other nations and their safe zones.

• Like 1

There is no motivation for trade at all now:

- The main PvP ships (Wasa, Hermoine) are very cheap, need no recources.
- Mission pay is laughable high, making it the only executed thing to get money.

I think those two points need to rebalanced before you can give players incentive to leave the safe zone.

The only trade currently happining is down at Cartaghena, Tar is at ridiculous 250K per piece. :D

Edited by sveno

6 hours ago, admin said:

Update is being deployed today 21st Septemeber.

• Changed the icon for available for all ports (so they look less ugly) Hate to say it it's fuggly as hell now and hard to tell from the normal really liked the old version better. 
  • Removed hostility missions for ports that cannot gain hostility
  • Hacked in the bigger limit for the number of neutral town port battles Thanks keeping the none neutral 3 is fine, just holding port battles for three clans/battles on these empty was silly.
  • Improved bonuses for clan controlled ports Nice little touch with the fact it effects building production to.
  • Added new upgrade French Gunner
  • Added new upgrade French Gunnery Sergeant I'm really suprise these didn't take a special book.  Really no reason to make the lesser one.  Maybe double up the mats needed for it or something?
  • Added blueprints for French gunners and french gunnery sergeant
  • Several tunings to trading were done (improving chances to find profitable trades)
  • Reduced the distance for hostility missions from the pier by 15% Good as they where some times on other sides of islands and all in front of other ports.
  • Fixed bug that limited national reinforcement zones by other cities
  • Fixed bug that craft did not work if item was supposed to receive a Labor hour bonus
  • Fixed bug that did not update craft info after teleport from outpost to outpost
  • Fixed bug limiting stone production
  • Fixed bug that did not let players exit the Available for All ports Glad, but will still test it with smuggler flag since we pirates leave it on all the time.
  • Fixed bug closing the missions near free towns immediately Glad maybe some of these guys that was abusing it will get caught with there pants down when we enter after them lol
  • Fixed decals bug on Radeon video cards
  • Fixed several other graphical bugs
  • Other fixes and tunings

Thanks for thanks for the hotfix update and looks good so far, added some thoughts on changes.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

more xp, more gold, open missions, tradegoods, better production of ressources.

Maybe only provide 5th rate missions inside the safezone, everything bigger spawns outside.

It was suggested previously that only missions below a certain rank should provide xp and gold in the safe zones (this allows new players get the hang of the game safely). Any missions higher level should not give xp or gold, that way they can be used for training and practice but not be abused.