Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2017 - Initial poll

Barberouge

List  

642 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the vessel you'd like to sail most

• 1. Malicieuse (1758, French 32-gun frigate)
    • 2. Niger-class (1759, British 32-gun frigate)
    • 3. Euridice (1802, Dutch 32-gun frigate)
    • 4. Carolina (1808, Austrian 34-gun frigate)
    • 5. Saint Nicholas (1790, Russian 34-gun frigate)
    • 6. Santa Monica (1777, Spanish 36-gun frigate)
    • 7. Friderichsværn (1784, Danish 36-gun frigate)
    • 8. Venus, Bellona-class (1783, Swedish 40-gun frigate)
    • 9. Princesa Real (1819, Portuguese 50-gun frigate)
    • 10. Leopard, Portland-class (1790, British 50-gun 4th rate)
    • 11. Le Jason (1724, French 52-gun 4th rate)
    • 12. Principe da Beira (1774, Portuguese 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 13. Prinses Frederika Louise Wilhelmina (1779, Dutch 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 14. Leeuwenhorst (1742, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 15. Delft (1782, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 16. Fama-class (1784, Venetian 66-gun 4th rate)
    • 17. Wenden (1706, Danish 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 18. San Giovanni (1789, Maltese 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 19. Göta Lejon (1746, Swedish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 20. Vrijheid-class (1782, Dutch 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 21. Le Monarque, Sceptre-class (1747, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 22. Téméraire-class (1782, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 23. San Juan Nepomuceno (1766, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 24. Montañés-class (1794, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 25. Rainha de Portugal (1791, Portuguese 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 26. Wreker-class (1798, Dutch 80-gun 3rd rate)
    • 27. Foudroyant (1798, British 80-gun 3rd rate)

20 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Careful : only 5 votes ahead... And it reads "initial poll"... :)

Maybe a language error from me? I said "IF".

Anyway, another more french ship in game...? We have plenty of them now, with a very recent adition too. Not misunderstand me please, I love french ship design, and the swedish Venus frigate too.

BTW... devs, can you remove that hut of the stern of bucentaure please? thx :)

42 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

Maybe a language error from me? I said "IF".

Anyway, another more french ship in game...? We have plenty of them now, with a very recent adition too. Not misunderstand me please, I love french ship design, and the swedish Venus frigate too.

Certainly a langage error from me ! I meant well.

42 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

BTW... devs, can you remove that hut of the stern of bucentaure please? thx :)

Please, no removing ! For the sake of diversity. And I like this hut.

Edited by LeBoiteux

13 hours ago, BungeeLemming said:

There wont be any new ships added to the poll. This one is final.

Everyone suggesting ships should have done that a week ago. There was a thread in which you could promote your favourite ships. By now its too late. No matter how epic you or others think the vessel you like is.

Personally I am a bit sad that Temeraire is getting all the votes. In regards of french ships we do not have a shortcome. But other nations are lacking. But I am glad that Montanes and wreker are in front.

Also, I hope we get a seperate poll for the smaller vessels. Cause the big ones drain the votes for the worse of the frigates.

I understand the concern about seing another french ship design in game. But in this case, the Temeraire class is probaly one of the most if not the most important SOL design in the history. 

8 hours ago, Borch said:

Question:

I recognize that 3rd rates are least represented in game now but for what activities exactly we need more third rates?

8 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Great ships for heavy OW PvP (2nd rates is already a little overkill, only for hunting 1st rates), good for hostility missions and screening too. 

Moreover 3rd-rates are great for old gamers with slow reflexes and tired eyes because those ships are bigger and sail slower than frigates. :P

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

Hard choice, but more diversity in the 3rd rates along with a port battle system that encourages their use (BR and battle group based) would probably be most beneficial for the game.  As such, I'm leaning towards Montanes or Temeraire.  A third rate line-up as follows (using game armaments) would be ideal, and allow for restoration of historical armament on Bellona:

Bellona:

Deck 1: 9pdr / 32pdr carronade

Deck 2: 18pdr

Deck 3: 32pdr

Montanes:

Deck 2: 18pdr

Deck 3: 36pdr

Temeraire (Pluton variant):

Deck 2: 24pdr

Deck 3: 36pdr

Dutch Wreker is pretty awesome, but doesn't seem to fit with 3rd rates in game terms.  Really more a 2nd rate, or 2.5 rate in terms of armament and crew (and in fact some in the class were refit as 2nd rates).

Edited by akd
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Major General La Fayette said:

no

I understand that you want to vote for it because your french , if i were french , i would do the same , but i just hoped that british , spanish , dutch or a other country gets some sense and votes on spanish or dutch.. we dont got one of those.. and temeraire looks excacly the same like bucentaure.. there are only like a few differences , for me it would get boring if temeraire would join in , it would count for me as a seccond bucentaure. But thats just me.

• Like 6

Admin said they were specifically looking for underrepresented nations.  Spain would fit in there, but honestly if a Dutch, Portuguese, Venetian, or Maltese vessel is not a primary pick then I will be very put out.

Essentially what would be the point of asking specifically for those national ships if you're going to allow suggestions of other nations that are already well represented?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Haratik said:

Admin said they were specifically looking for underrepresented nations.  Spain would fit in there, but honestly if a Dutch, Portuguese, Venetian, or Maltese vessel is not a primary pick then I will be very put out.

Essentially what would be the point of asking specifically for those national ships if you're going to allow suggestions of other nations that are already well represented?

Aye,  i agree🙂

• Like 5

No I'd rather not.  It's a grand ship to be sure, revolutionary even, but the French ships need to take a back seat for this poll.  Doesn't matter if they were built under contract in another country, they're still French in origin.  

We need a ship from an underrepresented nation before we need more French or British ships.  Another Spanish ship would not hurt, but I implore people to vote for a Dutch, Portuguese, Venetian, or Maltese ship first.  Game staff primarily want those to be considered first, let's choose one.

• Like 1

If we are having a Téméraire class ship we really need to clear up what we are actually voting for, personally I would love to see Rivoli make it, she has an interesting history and a fantastic model. The differences between the sub classes needs to be addressed because in it's current state the vote is a little bit like asking us do we want a 74 ship of the line from 1790 without specifying which one. Although really I would prefer a non represented nation to make it, preferably more than one.

9aa0ae6d609e223f018057d4cd099962--model-

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 3