Game-Labs Forum

Player-selected ships 2017 - Initial poll

Barberouge

List  

642 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the vessel you'd like to sail most

• 1. Malicieuse (1758, French 32-gun frigate)
    • 2. Niger-class (1759, British 32-gun frigate)
    • 3. Euridice (1802, Dutch 32-gun frigate)
    • 4. Carolina (1808, Austrian 34-gun frigate)
    • 5. Saint Nicholas (1790, Russian 34-gun frigate)
    • 6. Santa Monica (1777, Spanish 36-gun frigate)
    • 7. Friderichsværn (1784, Danish 36-gun frigate)
    • 8. Venus, Bellona-class (1783, Swedish 40-gun frigate)
    • 9. Princesa Real (1819, Portuguese 50-gun frigate)
    • 10. Leopard, Portland-class (1790, British 50-gun 4th rate)
    • 11. Le Jason (1724, French 52-gun 4th rate)
    • 12. Principe da Beira (1774, Portuguese 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 13. Prinses Frederika Louise Wilhelmina (1779, Dutch 54-gun 4th rate)
    • 14. Leeuwenhorst (1742, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 15. Delft (1782, Dutch 56-gun 4th rate)
    • 16. Fama-class (1784, Venetian 66-gun 4th rate)
    • 17. Wenden (1706, Danish 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 18. San Giovanni (1789, Maltese 70-gun 3rd rate)
    • 19. Göta Lejon (1746, Swedish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 20. Vrijheid-class (1782, Dutch 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 21. Le Monarque, Sceptre-class (1747, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 22. Téméraire-class (1782, French 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 23. San Juan Nepomuceno (1766, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 24. Montañés-class (1794, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 25. Rainha de Portugal (1791, Portuguese 74-gun 3rd rate)
    • 26. Wreker-class (1798, Dutch 80-gun 3rd rate)
    • 27. Foudroyant (1798, British 80-gun 3rd rate)

3 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

1.Montañés-class (1794, Spanish 74-gun 3rd rate) 24.50

2.Wreker-class (1798, Dutch 80-gun 3rd rate) 19.96

3.Venus, Bellona-class (1783, Swedish 40-gun frigate) 3.63

4.Friderichsværn (1784, Danish 36-gun frigate) 2.72

5.Princesa Real (1819, Portuguese 50-gun frigate) 2.72

6.Wenden (1706, Danish 70-gun 3rd rate) 2.00

7.Vrijheid-class (1782, Dutch 74-gun 3rd rate) 1.85

8.Göta Lejon (1746, Swedish 74-gun 3rd rate) 1.45

Then I you have the more underrepresented nation, but then u still could remove the Swedish ship then you will have the Dutch 32 gun Euridice.

Although the wenden might not get ingame since age then u have a tie between the Fama and the Delft

so you just threw away people votes for your favorite ship? Smart. 

Just now, George Washington said:

so you just threw away people votes for your favorite ship? Smart. 

i don't throw away votes I just take the underrepresented nations as was asked by Admin, so then some votes indeed will be getting in the void like in real life

My favorite ships would either be the Wreker or the Vrijheid, i believe my vote is on the Vrijheid, but that is also partially due helping Steel from time to time and also knowing the history and underappreciation of the Dutch in a lot of other games, which are history based. 

10 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go // NeeRo said:

For the new nation Prussia i propose the "Preußen"

preussen.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preußen_(ship)

Nice but built in... 1901-1902, that is faaaaar out of the time frame (1690-1820).

Please post plans of in-timeframe ships in Shipyard (not picture).

btw future implementation of new (but still unknown) nations in NA might not mean immediate implementation of ships from a given nation in the current poll :P

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

Is it possible that all 3 ships above 100 vote will join the game? Cause on 3 ships lots of votes have bin dropped and i would love to see a dutch ship in game :D I personally think the france and spanish ships are beautiful and amazing , just like the dutch. Still i would like a dutch ship now :D But thats my opinion :) Allthough all those ships above 100 votes are amazing :D 

nllarge.gif

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, GreatTimo said:

Is it possible that all 3 ships above 100 vote will join the game? Cause on 3 ships lots of votes have bin dropped and i would love to see a dutch ship in game :D I personally think the france and spanish ships are beautiful and amazing , just like the dutch. Still i would like a dutch ship now :D But thats my opinion :) Allthough all those ships above 100 votes are amazing :D 

Unfortunately only one ship is expected to be chosen at the end of the poll, if  I ain't mistaken. :)

But IMHO if three ships were to be chosen, I'd rather have one per gap :

On 30/08/2017 at 12:45 PM, admin said:
  • Light frigates 32-36 guns
  • Heavy frigates 50-60 guns
  • 3rd rates 70-80 guns
Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 5

Just now, LeBoiteux said:

Unfortunately only one ship is expected to be chosen at the  end of the poll, if  I ain't mistaken. :)

But IMHO if three ships were to be chosen, I'd rather have one per gap :

I understand and i do agree :D That would be amazing. One day the dutch will have a ship.. but that is not this day. Allthough , if the spanish ship or France ship wins , i still would not be dissapointed , the french and spanish ships are amazing. Example: The La Renommee , she's a beautifull ship and very use able for almost anything. Gotta love her. :) 

la renommmee.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, Barberouge said:

The poll will be closed on friday.

10 ships with the most votes will make it to the final poll. Please vote for the one you prefer.

Okey , Good to hear. I am so excited :D Which one of the 3 will win in the final poll :D ? 

Battle-of-the-Cheseapeake.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Barberouge said:

10 ships with the most votes will make it to the final poll. Please vote for the one you prefer.

Time to vote for #4-10.  

We know the Wreker, the Montañés and the Téméraire will be in the final poll. But what about the other 7 ? Time to vote for them.

2 hours ago, Barberouge said:

Since only one ship will be chosen, why not just narrow it to the top 3 which are already clearly ahead?  There's a huge gap to #4.

On 03/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Since only one ship will be chosen, why not just narrow it to the top 3 which are already clearly ahead?  There's a huge gap to #4.

We thought about this, but changing the process may have incentivized people to stack their votes even more for the next initial polls.

Other votes could highlight popular frigates. Also the first ship is sure to get in, but more have been modeled from the previous polls.

On 05/10/2017 at 7:57 AM, Barberouge said:

Other votes could highlight popular frigates. Also the first ship is sure to get in, but more have been modeled from the previous polls.

With all due respect :

• The ship that comes 4th in this initial poll got 15 votes (Venus). 
  • The ships that come 10th got 10 votes (Leopard, Vrijheid-class).
  • The ships that come 20-22th (out of 27) got 5 votes.
  • The ship that comes penultimate got 2 votes (Principe de Beira)

The first three ships (the 3rd Rates) with more than 110 votes have been voted in. But in the particular circonstances of that poll (craze for 3rd Rates and 'nations'), none of the 24 others have shown to be popular. And their relative ranking does not mean much, given the low number of votes for them.

Can't we have a second round of initial poll with the only Light frigates (32-36 guns) and Heavy frigates (50-60 guns) to vote again for the 7 other places nominated to participate in the final poll before this one starts, in order, as you so rightly put it, to 'highlight popular frigates' ? :)

Tell me one more time : 'Yes, we can !' :P

PS : if you could also add some 9-pdr frigates. There is only one in this poll (La Malicieuse)...

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

With all due respect :

• The ships that comes 10th got 10 votes (Leopard, Vrijheid-class).
  • The ship that comes got 2 votes (Principe de Beira)

The first three ships (the 3rd Rates) with more than 110 votes have been voted in. But in the particular circonstances of that poll (craze for 3rd Rates and 'nations'), none of the 23 others have shown to be popular.

Can't we have a second round of initial poll with the only Light frigates (32-36 guns) and Heavy frigates (50-60 guns) to vote again for the 4th-10th rank before final poll starts, in order, as you so rightly put it, 'highlight popular frigates' ? 

This would be so much better, or the poll even having multiple votes from the start, as pointed out earlier in the thread people always seem to lean towards the heavier ships to the detriment of the medium and smaller options and the effect that has on general gameplay, where the world and his wife has a first rate and broadside creep is a real issue in this game and with ships often getting over gunned with no real consequence to performance.

Currently again something that has been pointed out before is this poll doesn't quite fit the brief with the national preference to Dutch, Venetian and Portuguese with what looks like the likely outcome of the final poll adding another French or Spanish ship so really the best chance the more niche choices get to rely on is the rare event of a Dev selected wildcard. You might even want to add a 3rd poll containing a second chance to vote for the ship for an unrepresented nation so the nations Admin set out to ask for actually make it in. The other option would be where the Dev/Mod team weight the votes differently so the most unrepresented nations get more points for every vote, say 1.5 or 2 instead of the flat vote.

I still stand by my earlier statement where the most voted for ships on this thread probably shouldn't even be something that's being voted on.

Sadly all despite all the hard work of the community and mod team, this is probably the least effective of the ship polls I have seen, we shall see what the final poll brings over the next few days, I would assume there is quite a bit of chatter going on behind the scenes on how to fix the triarchy of votes and make things a little more interesting.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2017 at 10:38 AM, LeBoiteux said:

With all due respect :

• The ships that come 10th got 10 votes (Leopard, Vrijheid-class).
  • The ship that comes penultimate got 2 votes (Principe de Beira)

The first three ships (the 3rd Rates) with more than 110 votes have been voted in. But in the particular circonstances of that poll (craze for 3rd Rates and 'nations'), none of the 24 others have shown to be popular. And their relative ranking does not mean much, given the low number of votes for them.

Can't we have a second round of initial poll with the only Light frigates (32-36 guns) and Heavy frigates (50-60 guns) to vote again for the 7 other places nominated to participate in the final poll before this one starts, in order, as you so rightly put it, to 'highlight popular frigates' ? :)

Tell me one more time : 'Yes, we can !' :P

PS : if you could also add some 9-pdr frigates. There is only one in this poll (La Malicieuse)...

Yes but the vote needs to be done so the ships can start being modeled. Multiple initial votes could have changed the final list, but tbh people who wanted a frigate either voted for it or could have (given the high number of votes for the lineships).

• 2 weeks later...

First off. I have the utmost respect for the amount of work that goes into making these ships. I know it probably cannot be easy.

That being said, I know it's been said tons of times by now and you probably can't answer. But back in April of 2016 the danish Ship Christian VII won the final poll. You've even had a stern render teaser on your facebook page a long time ago. Is there any possibility that the first danish ship in the game will come to the game? Or has this ship taken a lower priority?

I mean it's all well and good that we help vote and decide, so you can make ship selections available in concert with the community, but if it takes so long...

If the devs have said a ship's in development, I have no reason to doubt that it'll (eventually) be added to the game. However, it has generally taken them ages to add each ship. The ships themselves take time to make and implement into the game, and there have been a lot of other aspects of the game that have also required the devs' attention as well. I don't know the exact amount of time that most ships spend in development, but from what I've seen, over a year between a ship's announcement and its implementation into the game doesn't sound out of the ordinary.

Edited by Arvenski