Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

I am pleased.

Never been too much reliant on gear to be upset by the changes.

Actually wanting to see a more tthorough crafting system where all the options must be chosen and set on stone when you press craft.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, admin said:

In reality 3rd rates were as fast as fastest frigates. It all depended on wind strength and sea conditions. Constitution would be faster than renommee in certain conditions. And would have no chance to fight against it surrendering after 2-3 broadsides.

In game Renommee can escape closed hauled but with a proper tag it has no chance. If renommee cannot escape at any angle - then it needs balancing

But you just said that in reality is one thing and that we should have a balanced game for playability sake. This is how I read it.
You simply killed the Renommee and its now has no chances to kill USS Constitution.

53 minutes ago, admin said:

Historically - no. If this is true (historically) everyone will sail a USS Constitution. 

For game balance Counter strike balancing should be applied for open world games - where every ship should have a chance to kill USS constitution

Maybe I'm missing something but here my Surp sailing downwind on its best point of sail. Base Speed is 12.35.
With 3 permanent upgrades - crooked, bovenwind, gazelle
3 skill knowledges, bo-nuses from both woods types its sails 12.9kn??? I only carrying the guns and just a few repairs.
And all this at the expense of 30% extra crew required for sailing???? Mate this is just out of balance so much the weights falling off the scale. Its just jumping from one side to another side.

asom9cZ.png

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, koltes said:

Well sorry but this does not agree with me a single bit. The cap equalizes large hitting ships and small agile ships. Now you are killing small agile ships by removing then ONLY advantage they had - speed. You in fact achieving the same issue. Now everyone will be sailing fastest heavy hitting ships that could get close to cap = Connies - 14.92kn. 
I cant get away from the Connie on Surprise any more. Because speed on other POS is so slow I cant get away fast enough not to get my sails shredded to pieces. I cant sail "fast" Renommee because she is hold at 15kn on par with Connie.

You're not wrong, but you're omitting fitting ships to take advantage of their inherent sailing profile advantages. It's not all about max speed at each ship's best point of sail. It's still possible to run from a 14.92 connie in a surp and renom (if not consider that a bug the devs are keenly interested to fix).

d987748dc547c264ac9cc618b924a86c.png

I don't believe in letting ships get faster than 15 knots, that's the speed the later barques with metal knees (and whatever) could achieve.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, admin said:

we wanted to bring some equality and variability to the OW by implementing the cap. Because if there is no cap then everyone will only sail the fastest ship. 

I didnt remember to saw so much Rattlesnakes or Rennomee Captains before wipe. Let the fast ships have their only advantage. A Speed cap just brings problems like equal speeds and like koltes said: It kills former speed ships with no reason to exist anymore.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jodgi said:

You're not wrong, but you're omitting fitting ships to take advantage of their inherent sailing profile advantages. It's not all about max speed at each ship's best point of sail. It's still possible to run from a 14.92 connie in a surp and renom (if not consider that a bug the devs are keenly interested to fix).

I don't believe in letting ships get faster than 15 knots, that's the speed the later barques with metal knees (and whatever) could achieve.

You think i dont know how POS works? I have been solo hunting for a long time. I remember all ships profiles and penalties by heart on each angle.

What is there so hard to understand?
Nerf is so severe that Surp can no longer run fast enough on beam reach to get away from Connie. Its sails will be shredded before it can increase enough distance.
Reno cant run away from Connie because it SUPPOSE to be faster on the same POS than Connie, but its not. Connie has its max speed to 14.9 and Reno to 16.7 but cant go past the 15kn cap

And add on top of that freaking 30% extra sailing Crew required to operate those mods... I'm now hysterical 

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, koltes said:

erf is so severe that Surp can no longer run fast enough on beam reach to get away from Connie.

Why would you say that if you knew all the profiles by heart?

Stop thumping your chest and kindly make a speed profile (or just the numbers) of your super connie, I can do one of a surp and we can check if something needs fixing.

• Like 4

I'm fine with them making changes, but the problem is a lot of us spend a lot of hard earned money to unlock slots/get books that cost us a lot and make or find hard to get mods to put on them only to have them worthless and now have to be removed to replace and make a new build of the ships.  Cause I'm not going to take a 20% to crew hit on mods and only get 3% to my speed.  I'm now going to max the HP the crap out instead for fighting.

Prob about toe destroy about a half a million worth of mods from ships now.  Not one bit of compensation from the devs for all the speed mods and figure heads folk will have to destroy and remove.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm fine with them making changes, but the problem is a lot of us spend a lot of hard earned money to unlock slots/get books that cost us a lot and make or find hard to get mods to put on them only to have them worthless and now have to be removed to replace and make a new build of the ships.  Cause I'm not going to take a 20% to crew hit on mods and only get 3% to my speed.  I'm now going to max the HP the crap out instead for fighting.

Prob about toe destroy about a half a million worth of mods from ships now.  Not one bit of compensation from the devs for all the speed mods and figure heads folk will have to destroy and remove.

This is what people wanted. Besides your tanky HP focused ship will still get out run by ships with speed mods, it's just almost no one will hit the speed cap.

51 minutes ago, Zoky said:

problem is not that you nerfed speed builds but that compered to tank builds they are now useless

I assume you've heard of raking....?  If I can out-manouever you and get a few quick stern rakes on you, all the Rum in the world wont help you...  However, if I suck and mess up, I'm gonna pay a big price in my faster, more manoeverable ship.

THAT is called BALANCE.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

I am pleased.

Never been too much reliant on gear to be upset by the changes.

Actually wanting to see a more tthorough crafting system where all the options must be chosen and set on stone when you press craft.

I honestly thought that was the way they where going to go with the big patch.  Like copper plating should be something you installed when you built the ship and the only way to change that is a major refit of the ship.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Topic updated

Update

Hotfix 2 (07/21/2017)  Fun for everyone

• The exclusive content despite being a good idea is not received well by the players. Victory marks could converted from combat marks on all servers. Players of less competitive nations would be able to get access to victory marks using pve or pvp (but a bit slower).

Spend one week (168 hours) to get 1 VM or spend 5 hours to get 200CM.

what is slower?

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would love if they go back to a reward for the port battles attendies but they would abuse that too.   We busted our buts this week to kick the largest nation in the teeth on EU and now find out it's going to mean nothing getting that win.   I'm really just about to say F U this game......

1% is nothing....so now I might as well scrap half the mods I bought/crafted over the last 2 months to build certain ships for certain jobs.  

I just started laughing at this patch.   I like the speed nerfs, but again it doesnt effect me a great deal as most of my ships are stupid fast into the wind anyway.   I think it slowed my Lynx down to 14.7kn and my Privateer down to 13.9kn.   

But I also dont stack speed mods that often.  But I also sail ships that dont need much.

I feel the speed mods nerf was a step in the right direction and the max speed bonus was perfect.

Now the VM thing... meh.. I didnt like them to start with, and I still dont like them even though I can get them with CM.  I feel it doesnt solve anything.   It will still be a 1st rate SOL show, why bother bringing anything other than 1st rates to any fight that you can.   

There are currently more 1st rates in game on the Global server then there was in all 6 nations during this time period combined.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Time for Live Oak - White Oak ships with Cartahena Caulkit Refit. Nothing will penetrate me from 10 meters :lol:

There is a saying from Cyberpunk:2020.

"You can layer all the armor in the world on you, you maybe bullet proof, but you will just be immobile."

• Like 1

IMHO The speed mods needs to remain the same as they where. Speed Bonus Coefficient (SBC) is worked in Linear Coefficient formula that is applied to each upgrade/mod used.

Formula: SBC * SpeedBonus% + BaseSpeed = ActualSpeed

1. Each ship has its own Speed Bonus Coefficient (SBC) that determines how the same mods/upgrades applied to this particular ships. For example 5% Gazelle should give lesser speed buff to 1st rate than it gives to Renommee. By simply adjusting the coefficient we can control how this particular ship is sailing
2. Speed cap is removed and by adjusting SBC we balance all ship speeds according to their base speed and POS profiles.
3. Ships of the same rates could have different SCB making each ship truly unique. On example, however, they are the same for comparison purpose.
4. Permanent upgrades have stuckable  penalties. 2nd upgrade -1%, 3rd ugrade -2%

There you have it. No speed cap. Every single ship using same speed mods but because of SBC they are applied differently and we dont have Connies racing Pickles. The last column is your highest speed. Obviously coefficient needs to be adjusted to fit with all speed upgrades and skills. Buts some speed mods needs to go anyway.

nlte6NJ.png

Edited by koltes
  • Like 5

So now that connies and all bigger ships will be super easily caught by smaller ships and easily out-turned and raked by smaller ships, what buffs will connie and bigger get to make up for this change? As it stands, nothing bigger than a surprise/ren will have a chance if sailing solo.

May I suggest a massive buff to stern armor?

13 minutes ago, CommanderJ said:

So now that connies and all bigger ships will be super easily caught by smaller ships and easily out-turned and raked by smaller ships, what buffs will connie and bigger get to make up for this change? As it stands, nothing bigger than a surprise/ren will have a chance if sailing solo.

May I suggest a massive buff to stern armor?

The question is how many times can you hit them before they get on your ass....

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

The question is how many times can you hit them before they get on your ass....

The fact that currently smaller ships actually have an advantage over bigger ones is a bit messed up in general. Smaller ships should have a chance, yes, so all ships are viable. Right now it's leaning more towards the end that bigger ships aren't viable, because the smaller ones have the advantage in both speed and turning, and even the biggest ship in the game has laughable stern armor. 

3 hours ago, Zoky said:

Now is either lo/wo or GTFO

I say "lol" to anyone who actually tries this. Speed is still important. LO/WO still means the very first gank you encounter is going to beat you because you stand no chance of escaping from it.

LO/WO and other things that lead to being slow will still be the stuff you want for fair fights, which you can never dictate in the open world.

3 hours ago, koltes said:

The issue being on the same speed on the same POS still persists! Just at the lower speed. This kills solo hunters even faster than the 15kn speed cap

I think it's interesting, actually.

The problem before was that if you had 5 speed mods and I had 2, then there was no way I was going to outrun you. You're faster on every point of sail and I'd have to do a lot of extra sail damage to get any kind of speed advantage over you.

With these changes, POS matters more and small amounts of sail damage can matter again. We have the same wood build but now your 5 mods versus my 2 means I probably just need a few more sail hits (like literally a few individual cannon hits which can probably be done with front and rear guns) to get back on par. Ship type matters more again, too.

Before, 10% speed was just too much of a difference. You had full mods or you were dead. Takes a ton of sail hits to make up 10%.

On paper, I like it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, admin said:

In reality 3rd rates were as fast as fastest frigates. It all depended on wind strength and sea conditions. Constitution would be faster than renommee in certain conditions. And would have no chance to fight against it surrendering after 2-3 broadsides.

In game Renommee can escape closed hauled but with a proper tag it has no chance. If renommee cannot escape at any angle - then it needs balancing

You just made a great case for variable wind speed and weather conditions! Please make it so! :)

• Like 2