Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

Is there a section on the forum where you Devs post ideas and possible changes before implementing them?
I'm not saying you shouldn't implement changes or try out game mechanics because the community is enraged,
but the last two days could have been avoided if the idea for Victory Marks was posted here first, talked over, etc. 

Or am I too naive?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Topic updated

Update

Hotfix 2 (07/21/2017)  Fun for everyone

• The exclusive content despite being a good idea is not received well by the players. Victory marks could converted from combat marks on all servers. Players of less competitive nations would be able to get access to victory marks using pve or pvp (but a bit slower).
  • Speed upgrades and skill books rebalanced (severe nerf) - total bonuses from speed upgrades and wood types won't exceed 22-23% (previously 45% which was too much)
    • Wood types speed characteristics slightly rebalanced as well
  • Caps for thickness, armor and sail hp increased by 5%
  • Victory marks will only be granted to captains with rank post captain and higher
  • Fix bug when forts and towers did not spawn in battles

THANKS

Now only left quit ilimited repairs, one like before wype

Edited by Alado
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, koltes said:

Well sorry but this does not agree with me a single bit. The cap equalizes large hitting ships and small agile ships. Now you are killing small agile ships by removing then ONLY advantage they had - speed. You in fact achieving the same issue. Now everyone will be sailing fastest heavy hitting ships that could get close to cap = Connies - 14.92kn. 
I cant get away from the Connie on Surprise any more. Because speed on other POS is so slow I cant get away fast enough not to get my sails shredded to pieces. I cant sail "fast" Renommee because she is hold at 15kn on par with Connie.

I will turn this question back to you. Please help me to decide.
What am I supposed to do as a solo hunter? What ship should I choose? A Connie like other server population? Do I have any other options?
Even the pirate frigate that supposed to be "the hunting" ship, has no chasers and no speed. 

in fact, this patch helps the really fast ships. there is a 15nkt cap. before this nerf it was easy to get almost any ship to 15kts, so stuff like the renomee had very little advantage in battle. now, because its much harder to get to 15knts, the renomee has an actual advantage. do i think the issue here is not that you dont agree with the change, but that you dont understand it.

1 minute ago, JCDC said:

if you need help working out how to play the game, the forum admin isnt the one to go to.

Connies cant turn for shit. so, instead of trying to run from them which as you correctly claim isnt easy, just outturn them and kill them. 

its half the challenge of the game to adapt tactically. not a problem. this patch has in no way killed the light ships. the connie has always been almost as fast, the debuffs work almost equally.

are you teaching me to sail? dont quote me again pls I dont want to say something that I will regret saying

Just now, koltes said:

are you teaching me to sail? dont quote me again pls I dont want to say something that I will regret saying

Lol, internet threats. im so scare.

if you say things that make it sound like you dont understand the game, someone will explain it to you. pretty simple to understand. but, then, yeah......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, koltes said:

What ship should I choose? A Connie like other server population?

thats an eternal question for the mmo mankind. 
Should belle poule or surprise or essex have a decent chance to win against uss constitution in 1v1 engagement? 

Historically - no. If this is true (historically) everyone will sail a USS Constitution. 

For game balance Counter strike balancing should be applied for open world games - where every ship should have a chance to kill USS constitution - just like a pistol owner can kill  (if he is skilled) an AK owner in the right circumstances. Or rephrasing = in CS Lynx could destroy USS constitution in some conditions.

If we want varied gameplay there should be specific conditions in which every ship can kill every ship if you use the ship advantages.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I was going to make a ship but won't touch any crafting until we know the new wood numbers.  ALl my speed mods are pretty much useless as 1% is pretty much pointless and now I have a Speed Bucc that takes 40% more crew to sale the ship cause two speed mods take 10% crew and Staysails takes 20%

No offense, but there should never be such thing as a "speed Bucc"... 

All ships should have certain uses...  Buccentaure was used for line fighting.  

39 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its true tho, check this stats http://www.navalactionwiki.com/index.php?title=Ships

Surprise isnt meant to outrun every ship in every angle.

But Renommee mean to outrun Connie on the same POS. Is it not? It is still cant
Speed nerf ok we can live with it for now at least, but the whole point of rebalancing was to REMOVE speed cap. No?

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JCDC said:

Lol, internet threats. im so scare.

if you say things that make it sound like you dont understand the game, someone will explain it to you. pretty simple to understand. but, then, yeah......

Ignored.
I dont have time for this

3 minutes ago, koltes said:

i mean literally, you dont understand what has happened. you said that this change makes it worse for small ships. it doesnt, it helps small ships because they can still get to the speed cap, and the heavier ones now cant. so, the real actual in game max battle speed for the Renomee will now be faster than a fast connie. whereas before this patch, they could have been the same.

so, the whole basis for your question was incorrect.

Just now, koltes said:

Ignored.
I dont have time for this

if you did'nt ignore the facts, you wouldn't be so confused about what has happened.

A fast renomee will now easily escape a fast connie both in and out of battle. 

Because a fast connie will never hit 15knts in battle at any point of sail. a Fast Renno will hit 15Knts at a vareity of points of sail, allowing it to go at a slightly less optimum point of sail than the Connie and still be much faster. allowing easy escape.

but of course you knew this, because you dont need to be taught how to sail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, koltes said:

But Renommee mean to outrun Connie on the same POS. Is it not? It is still cant

In reality 3rd rates were as fast as fastest frigates. It all depended on wind strength and sea conditions. Constitution would be faster than renommee in certain conditions. And would have no chance to fight against it surrendering after 2-3 broadsides.

In game Renommee can escape closed hauled but with a proper tag it has no chance. If renommee cannot escape at any angle - then it needs balancing

5 minutes ago, JCDC said:

if you did'nt ignore the facts, you wouldn't be so confused about what has happened.

A fast renomee will now easily escape a fast connie both in and out of battle. 

Because a fast connie will never hit 15knts in battle at any point of sail. a Fast Renno will hit 15Knts at a vareity of points of sail, allowing it to go at a slightly less optimum point of sail than the Connie and still be much faster. allowing easy escape.

but of course you knew this, because you dont need to be taught how to sail.

please focus on the patch not on each other.

• Like 1

Patch is good.

Verify that other upgrades are on the same level.

A. Upgrades are too rare. You could consider decreasing rare material crafting requirements to 1 unit per upgrade. This will make upgrades 5 times more common. After this follow trade. When a rare material reaches every capital it is in balance. Rare materials will be common and cheap where those are produced, and when transported through map those get more expensive. This change alone dramatically decreases ship prices, and at least in theory increases PvP.

B. Multiple repair kits changed the game radically towards Mass > Skill. It will be radical change, but I recommend that you come back to 1 of each type. This change will radically affect to other aspects of the game. Combat was simply better with one. Before the wipe, when a Surprise captain had to repair his ship he often also left the battle. Right now they just continue repairing 90 minutes. One issue here are masts, those seem to be hard to balance.

Issue with masts; those are easy to shoot + strong disabling effect vs effort & skill + we want to keep dismasting in the game.

C. Half the amount of XP needed for ship knowledge. Grinding rank means that you can do what ever to get XP. Grinding ship knowledge means that you have to sail always the same ship. People often like end game PvP and they purely suffer and grind to get there. I do not think as radical grind as we now have is needed, wont make anything better.

OR announce that there will be subscription for double XP/Gold. I can understand this as a part of money making machine.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

1% is nothing....so now I might as well scrap half the mods I bought/crafted over the last 2 months to build certain ships for certain jobs.  

This sounds great, serious.

• Like 1

Just now, jodgi said:

This sounds great, serious.

The problem is that they Nerf all the speed mods instead of giving stacking penalties.   I don't make 15 knots speed build ships other than one I used for chasing the other 15 knts guys.   But the few ships I put speed mods on to give that little extra boost now have 1% or the ship knowledges I bought books for is only 1% so why even use them.  Time for those reload builds I was thinking of or pen cap builds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I hate trolls, especially when they come from officials...

Yea, you should probably talk to some manager about that. Direct your moral rage to lightenthefunk@up.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The problem is that they Nerf all the speed mods instead of giving stacking penalties.   I don't make 15 knots speed build ships other than one I used for chasing the other 15 knts guys.   But the few ships I put speed mods on to give that little extra boost now have 1% or the ship knowledges I bought books for is only 1% so why even use them.  Time for those reload builds I was thinking of or pen cap builds.

We're moving towards ships with only build choices being almost as viable as ships with a bunch of upgrades. I know this upsets powergrinders that has the ability to outgrind normal players, but it's principally a good thing for the overall game (IMO). Not saying we're there yet, but getting closer.

• Like 5

Figurehead gazelle now needs 10% more crew? Why? I can understand that bovenwind refit needs 10% more crew but a figurehead? I thought its the spirit of the ship that let the men do their jobs faster so the ship gets faster as well. but now 10% of my crew is sitting at bow and admire the figurehead? Where is my whip.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 8