Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

57 minutes ago, Hodo said:

No there isnt.. you can get upwards of 25% or more on reload, and beyond that on speed.  

If we had a 20% max on everything the speed cap wouldnt be an issue.

everyone knows that 15ktn cap at speed.......

dunno, but why should someone aim for that reload? at pvp sever reload isnt that important.... thats why i dont know if its possible...

10 minutes ago, troody said:

dunno, but why should someone aim for that reload? at pvp sever reload isnt that important....

Some Surprises standing rigging will disagree with that statement. But to each its own :)

13 minutes ago, troody said:

dunno, but why should someone aim for that reload? at pvp sever reload isnt that important.... thats why i dont know if its possible...

A Lynx or a Privateer with 6lb longs and some reload buffs will fire faster than mediums and have higher penetration and better range.  Making them better hunting ships than the same ship with 6lb mediums.   

18 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

All nations may be reward - just top three with more victory marks:

Winner get 5 VM

Second 3

Third 2

Rest 1

Well...

1st gets 5

2nd gets 4

3rd gets 3

..and then the others 1..

Maybe better :)

Edited by Cortez

4 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

Bellona 3 victory marks for a permit .700 combat marks for 3 victory mark are you kidding me !!!!!!! Get real guys it's not worth grinding for that much and one durability .come on dev what's next the browny point system ? 

Victory marks area bad idea especially in carfting ships now. Especially sense you just added CB marks to crafting and everything else STICK To ONE SYSTEM and make reasonable.not all over the place 

In a PvP fight yesterday I got 25 CM's for a kill.  So 700 isn't that hard to get if you are actually out there PvPing as that would mean it's only 28 kills, but than I get around 10-15 CM's mark from killing AI ships most the time depending on level of missions or ships I hit in OW.   Your not suppose to be able to just jump into a SOL over night.  The system is made to make SOL's more rare and not so easy to get into and a costly lost.   While 4/5th rates should be the common ships every one is in.  You don't like it than get a 3rd rate instead and it's not even 700 CM's cause you have to get it with VM's and you can only get those by wining the round for the weeek.

3 hours ago, monk33y said:

Question: does a nation receive any extra points for the successful defence of a port???

Yes one point for a win of a port battle (successful defense), but they loose 2 if they loose the port.  Remember to add in the port point cost too.  So a one point port lost can actually be 3 points lost while the winner can get 1 (defense) or 2 (attack) points from a win of a port battle.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

No there isnt.. you can get upwards of 25% or more on reload, and beyond that on speed.  

If we had a 20% max on everything the speed cap wouldnt be an issue.

And this is very much comfirmed by us as we had some one test it just below 20% and close to 25% and they got faster reload, but he has to wait for some more mods to see if he can get his first rate to even faster reload.  

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Odd...  Should have it so you can buy anything in a port under contract.   But meh.

Nope player produce goods should be player bought/sold.   Oh and the base price of oak to produce is like 73 gold so you better jack that price up or no one is going to sale to you for under cost unless they are a noob.

49 minutes ago, troody said:

You ever see how long it takes to reload on a 1st rate or any ship for that fact.  While I can see maybe not so much on small ships but can help, but you take a ships that main guns take over a min to reload and you shave 20% off that your talking about a good 10+ seconds off your reload.  Than you go broad side to broad side with some one that doesn't have the fast reload and your going to get an extra broad side in on them every 5-6 broad sides.  That could mean one extra sunk ship in a fight over the enemy if you have some one on there last leg.  Just like folks with over penetration builds.  IT means they can demast a first rate more easly or you can pen at slight angles that others can bounce shots from.  It has a place and purpose. I have a reload spec Vict and it reloads way faster than my Tanked out repair spec Vict.  Two different play styles in fights as the tanked one is also turn speced.

11 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Well...

1st gets 5

2nd gets 4

3rd gets 3

..and then the others 1..

Maybe better :)

I'm more for every one gets one point and than the top three gets points on placement.

1st gets 3 points *total of 4*

2nd gets 2 points *total of 3*

3rd gets 1 point *total of 2*

This will allow every one to get a point each week, but it also means that you still need to win 2 weeks in a row to afford a 1st rate permit.  So it keeps from in the run but also keeps SOL's more expensive and rare.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

In a PvP fight yesterday I got 25 CM's for a kill.  So 700 isn't that hard to get if you are actually out there PvPing as that would mean it's only 28 kills, but than I get around 10-15 CM's mark from killing AI ships most the time depending on level of missions or ships I hit in OW.   Your not suppose to be able to just jump into a SOL over night.  The system is made to make SOL's more rare and not so easy to get into and a costly lost.   While 4/5th rates should be the common ships every one is in.  You don't like it than get a 3rd rate instead and it's not even 700 CM's cause you have to get it with VM's and you can only get those by wining the round for the weeek.

Yes one point for a win of a port battle (successful defense), but they loose 2 if they loose the port.  Remember to add in the port point cost too.  So a one point port lost can actually be 3 points lost while the winner can get 1 (defense) or 2 (attack) points from a win of a port battle.

And this is very much comfirmed by us as we had some one test it just below 20% and close to 25% and they got faster reload, but he has to wait for some more mods to see if he can get his first rate to even faster reload.  

Nope player produce goods should be player bought/sold.   Oh and the base price of oak to produce is like 73 gold so you better jack that price up or no one is going to sale to you for under cost unless they are a noob.

You ever see how long it takes to reload on a 1st rate or any ship for that fact.  While I can see maybe not so much on small ships but can help, but you take a ships that main guns take over a min to reload and you shave 20% off that your talking about a good 10+ seconds off your reload.  Than you go broad side to broad side with some one that doesn't have the fast reload and your going to get an extra broad side in on them every 5-6 broad sides.  That could mean one extra sunk ship in a fight over the enemy if you have some one on there last leg.  Just like folks with over penetration builds.  IT means they can demast a first rate more easly or you can pen at slight angles that others can bounce shots from.  It has a place and purpose. I have a reload spec Vict and it reloads way faster than my Tanked out repair spec Vict.  Two different play styles in fights as the tanked one is also turn speced.

I'm more for every one gets one point and than the top three gets points on placement.

1st gets 3 points *total of 4*

2nd gets 2 points *total of 3*

3rd gets 1 point *total of 2*

This will allow every one to get a point each week, but it also means that you still need to win 2 weeks in a row to afford a 1st rate permit.  So it keeps from in the run but also keeps SOL's more expensive and rare.

The SOLs are right now, as they were before this update and immediately AFTER the wipe, VERY VERY VERY expensive.

I guess you don`t know this.

There is no need to make them even MORE expensive.

2 minutes ago, Cortez said:

The SOLs are right now, as they were before this update and immediately AFTER the wipe, VERY VERY VERY expensive.

They are suppose to be, they where real life and they should be in game.  The meta should be mainly 4/5th rates and this will get folks to get into some of the 3/2 rates over the 1st rates.  Than again I own two Victory's, a L'Ocean (still needs guns), 2 Bucc's (1 was captured from British) and I just gave my 3rd rate to another player.   It's not expensive when you work for it as a team and get things going, but I did all my building on my own not with clan resources.

So yes they are expensive and shouldn't be easy to get.  They should also be very expensive to replace when lost too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cortez said:

They arent that expensive.

BLACK on GLOBAL, can field 25+ Santisimas and L'Oceans with ease.   A few other clans in GB can do the same.   

So again... not that expensive, and definitely did not solve the SOL 1st rate meta issue or the mods worth more than the ship.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They are suppose to be, they where real life and they should be in game.  The meta should be mainly 4/5th rates and this will get folks to get into some of the 3/2 rates over the 1st rates.  Than again I own two Victory's, a L'Ocean (still needs guns), 2 Bucc's (1 was captured from British) and I just gave my 3rd rate to another player.   It's not expensive when you work for it as a team and get things going, but I did all my building on my own not with clan resources.

So yes they are expensive and shouldn't be easy to get.  They should also be very expensive to replace when lost too.

Really aren't you the bizzy bee. O this isn't real life buy the way its a game .and yes 700 battle marks convert in to 3 victory marks to buy the permit .the permit was not that costly two days ago the problem is lets change the system every up date  now and raise the cost to keep people out of bigger ships sorry don't see that many bellonas in PVE

I think the rarity of victory marks is the key - being a weekly generation.

But nations that clearly cannot get to 1st place need something to keep them going instead of switching to the biggest nation.

I see 2 options

1. Give all nations 1 victory mark a week and then 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, place nations get bonus victory marks

2. Allow combat marks to be converted to victory marks on ALL servers.

I prefer #1 but if nothing then players absolutely need to be able to get victory marks some way.

Everything in the game should be obtainable, but there can be easier ways to obtain said item. No item should be "unobtainable" because you decided not to play with the largest nation.

I like this patch, but we just need a tweak to the victory mark generation "for all" and I think we can then say this was one of the better patches.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

Really aren't you the bizzy bee. O this isn't real life buy the way its a game .and yes 700 battle marks convert in to 3 victory marks to buy the permit .the permit was not that costly two days ago the problem is lets change the system every up date  now and raise the cost to keep people out of bigger ships sorry don't see that many bellonas in PVE

and that is the reason for the change cause it was to easy to make them for some folks.  They need to be a rare thing and expensive to replace.  Not something Joe Blow Casual player gets in a week are two. I been on MMO's it took months or even years to get the LEGEND EPIC gear or maxed out levels.  It was to easy to get those things on this game so they needed to tweek the balance even more.  

Are you a PvE player?   Why don't you stop your bitching and  go capture one than if your on the PvE server since ya'll can capture AI ships over there. 

10 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I think the rarity of victory marks is the key - being a weekly generation.

But nations that clearly cannot get to 1st place need something to keep them going instead of switching to the biggest nation.

I see 2 options

1. Give all nations 1 victory mark a week and then 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, place nations get bonus victory marks

2. Allow combat marks to be converted to victory marks on ALL servers.

I prefer #1 but if nothing then players absolutely need to be able to get victory marks some way.

Everything in the game should be obtainable, but there can be easier ways to obtain said item. No item should be "unobtainable" because you decided not to play with the largest nation.

I like this patch, but we just need a tweak to the victory mark generation "for all" and I think we can then say this was one of the better patches.

Yep I agree every one should get one 1 mark and the top three placements maybe get like 3, 2 and 1 VM extra for placement.  This means you still can't just pop out a 1st rate per day you have to win more than one week in a row to get enought VM to make a ship that doesn't need CM instead.  What is good there is still options to use CM to get good ships.  There is nothing wrong with the Victory as a port battle ship and many nations use only it and it's way cheaper to craft than the other two 1st rates. It's the reason I picked it, pluss it fits my play style better.   

I don't like the converted part myself.  I honestly hate the fact that the system rewards the lazy right now.   You can have 20 guys do all the work and the whole nations get rewarded. I think wining  a port battle you should get something as a reward too.  I suggested a paint chest so it's not game balance issue.  If you want to cool paints you need to fight in the RvR.  They can give them out to the top PvP players too on the leader boards.  Something that doesn't give an advantage, but gives a reward for your hard work.

And folks can get VM's later in game from other players. I got a feeling after one nation wins a lot of them are going to be bought off lower level players that can't crew those bigger ships.  

So per week, each player, of a nation, that has actively participated in Conquest, by kills in PB , and sum of assists in PB equal to a kill, or by active hostility raising with a a score no less than the average ( min score - max score ) would receive a Victory Mark.

??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

So per week, each player, of a nation, that has actively participated in Conquest, by kills in PB , and sum of assists in PB equal to a kill, or by active hostility raising with a a score no less than the average ( min score - max score ) would receive a Victory Mark.

??

This would be good.. and ideal.  

Then people who actually do something for their nation gain something.  BUT those who are just alts sitting there farming VMs because well.. alts.. then to bad. 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:31 AM, Hullabaloo said:

Absolutely. Players will be deliberately getting themselves tagged so as to make use of the new warp drive to hit the next target or re-position for favourable wind. Could groups of pirates use actually use outlaw battles to 'slingshot' each other around even? Not to mention that fact that it just looks and feels utterly unrealistic and breaks the immersion. 

Not with 2 way invisibility, you can't sneak up on a ship you can't see. I agree all this does break immersion but then again so do battle instances.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

and that is the reason for the change cause it was to easy to make them for some folks.  They need to be a rare thing and expensive to replace.  Not something Joe Blow Casual player gets in a week are two. I been on MMO's it took months or even years to get the LEGEND EPIC gear or maxed out levels.  It was to easy to get those things on this game so they needed to tweek the balance even more.  

Are you a PvE player?   Why don't you stop your bitching and  go capture one than if your on the PvE server since ya'll can capture AI ships over there. 

Yep I agree every one should get one 1 mark and the top three placements maybe get like 3, 2 and 1 VM extra for placement.  This means you still can't just pop out a 1st rate per day you have to win more than one week in a row to get enought VM to make a ship that doesn't need CM instead.  What is good there is still options to use CM to get good ships.  There is nothing wrong with the Victory as a port battle ship and many nations use only it and it's way cheaper to craft than the other two 1st rates. It's the reason I picked it, pluss it fits my play style better.   

I don't like the converted part myself.  I honestly hate the fact that the system rewards the lazy right now.   You can have 20 guys do all the work and the whole nations get rewarded. I think wining  a port battle you should get something as a reward too.  I suggested a paint chest so it's not game balance issue.  If you want to cool paints you need to fight in the RvR.  They can give them out to the top PvP players too on the leader boards.  Something that doesn't give an advantage, but gives a reward for your hard work.

And folks can get VM's later in game from other players. I got a feeling after one nation wins a lot of them are going to be bought off lower level players that can't crew those bigger ships.  

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

1 minute ago, DeRuyter said:

Not with 2 way invisibility, you can't sneak up on a ship you can't see. I agree all this does break immersion but then again so do battle instances.

I mean the NEXT target. Eg. You have 2 Pirates, near an area where there are likely to be many enemy ships they might want to attack. They do a ((faraway) tag one on the other and go into battle instance and then immediately leave. They both then come out with cloak and warp drive and then fly towards targets or fly upwind to position themselves downwind of opponents. But anyway, regardless of that, the point still remains that players who have just come out of battle instance are able to warp drive to other targets while invisible, which is daft.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

??

Something like that though would prob need more tweeking.  If it's not an empty port battle I think even folks with no kills/assist should get them for supporting the Nation just for showing up.  I have been in a few where as a support role for the group I did't get a shot fired cause I was running to cap the other circle or doing other things and not in the middle of the brawling fighting so got no assist or kills.   I just don't like some guy sitting in a port doing nothing getting them also.   Make all this the grounds for every one to get there one free VM.  Than do the top three nations to get points. I would pay out the victory marks for winners every three weeks.   The winner gets three.  Second place 2.  Third gets 1.  This would mean every three weeks the winner gets 4 if you where an active player, 3 for second place and 2 for third and every one else gets 1 for being active in game.

The only issue I see is something to activate the Trader chars cause they still support the nation too if they trade and craft for the nation even if they don't fight.

40 minutes ago, Hodo said:

This would be good.. and ideal.  

Then people who actually do something for their nation gain something.  BUT those who are just alts sitting there farming VMs because well.. alts.. then to bad. 

I think it should have the 14 day active IN THAT NATION and be rank 3 or above to get them.  That is the rank when you can crew a port battle ship (brig) so you can actively get more involved in the PvP/RvR part of the game even though it's not the best ship for such.  We have all ready expected a bunch of fence jumpers and alt switching to happen now with this new system.

The Kills and Assists means putting the walk in the talk. If a nation simply retreats from the PB they lose the Control point right ?

There we go. Either fight until you lose the region, and maybe even get some kills, or you simply give it up and lose it all the same.

Exact opposite from empty.

Maybe a compromise: do not cap the Speed at 15kn. The Speed cap (if there has to be one) should be a percentage. Maybe 15%. So its unique for every ship and every sailing Point. If you can gain only a maximum of  115% from every ship speed at his particular sailing point. 

It shouldn't be a cruise control!

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1

Dev #1: "Hey, I've got a GREAT idea, why don't we reverse the cost of blueprints and permits.

Dev #2: "Why would we want to do that?"

Dev #1: "So players can feel like they got screwed out of marks by spending them before the patch. We can also accomplish a massive increase in player grinding for marks just to make upper tier ships!"

Dev #2: "Sounds legit, lets do it!"

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jesters-Ink said:

1500 marks for a LeO permit! Dream on guys.

The largest Eve ships take a lot more than that in cost and in skills required than it takes for us to sail an Ocean.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prater said:

The largest Eve ships take a lot more than that in cost and in skills required than it takes for us to sail an Ocean.

If this was Eve, I wouldn't be playing it, if it became Eve, I wouldn't be playing it.

I pre-ordered Eve and it is still in its box, where it belongs :D