Game-Labs Forum

To get the very powerful ship knowledge slots the game encourages you to grind PvE. Only PvE, everything else is super inefficient. That sucks. 

How can we change that?

Make it so that you can unlock 2 ship knowledge slots through PvE XP, 2 through PvP XP (fights only counts when enemy has at least 80% of your BR to discourage ganking) and the last slot through money or portbattles.

This would mean more PvP and less stupid and boring grind.

• Like 7

Wouldn´t it be sufficient to only buff the XP gained by PvP to a reasonalbe scale? Lets say it takes 2 hours to play one PvP battle (to my feeling I need 1 hour to find a battle and 1 hour to finish but that might be off) In this time I can complete 6-8 PvE Battles. So ratio to promote PvP should be at least some value between 10 and 20.

Edited by Ole Pinelle
  • Like 7

Just now, Ole Pinelle said:

Wouldn´t it be sufficient to only buff the XP gained by PvP to a reasonalbe scale? Lets say it takes 2 hours to play one PvP battle. In this time I can complete 6-8 PvE Battles. So ratio to promote PvP should be at least some value between 10 and 20.

Maybe yeah, but the idea is that you have to truly master your ship. First you train in PvE missions, then you take on some real enemies and finally you bring your ship to a portbattle.

Not sure about the last step as not every ship is good for portbattles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe yeah, but the idea is that you have to truly master your ship. First you train in PvE missions, then you take on some real enemies and finally you bring your ship to a portbattle.

But what if f.e. example 2 surprises meet. (A) has no slot unlocked so far, (B) has 3 slots unlocked. (A) is enroute to PVE mission, because it is the easiest and fastest way to gain XP, (B) desperately needs PvP and would do anything, which limits his options and feels he has to PvP to get on. Now the both battle (A) can not use the PvP battle to unlock slot 3 or 4, because he first has to use the PvP XP to unlock slot 1. So the PvP is of more use for player B.

Might be a good point to mechanic to unlock the last via special means, but if you like a Privateer, you will never unlock the 5th slot via means of Port Battles. 

So generally I like the idea, but I think it is too complicated and scaling XP gain would be an easier approach to the same.

Edited by Ole Pinelle

31 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I mean, yeah, I think many of us actually train versus NPC's and only then challenge a real enemy. What are the rewards upon victory except for looting? Because so far it looks to me that farming/grinding PvE is a way to make some money, at least at the start. But the point of gaining extra XP for PvP battles makes sense to me and would to others, I mean it would strongly diversify the combat in general and also encourage people to fight each other often, however, I'm not too sure if you could do as many PvP battles as PvE since not all of us want to jump in to PvP right away.

Edited by HMS Victory
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

To get the very powerful ship knowledge slots the game encourages you to grind PvE. Only PvE, everything else is super inefficient. That sucks. 

How can we change that?

Make it so that you can unlock 2 ship knowledge slots through PvE XP, 2 through PvP XP (fights only counts when enemy has at least 80% of your BR to discourage ganking) and the last slot through money or portbattles.

I doubt it would create more PvP.. It would just make a grind even more timeconsuming.. The lack of PvP is due to other reasons.. But I'll go along with the PvP being more efficient in unlocking the slots.

Silly idea as it only going to encourage more running and ganking so they don't lose their stuff trying to gain knowledge by pvp battle, why do players keep suggesting altering the stupid mechanics that were introduced in the first place, they should scrap all this bullshit and go more along the lines of how POTBS had their ship customization and improving, game keeps adding in more crap to unbalance the game further, they have no idea on how to implement systems properly and that's why this game hasn't really improved the way the game is played, its still broken and players will try find any ways to exploit or find loopholes to level quicker and gain more of an advantage over others, games that cant figure out balance don't work properly, this game has had 3 years and still hasn't figured it out, the glory days have been and gone and most feel this game is going faster backwards then forwards.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Also buff the XP gained by PvP... 2 times more than PvE is just stupid and doesn't make any sense

I really think they should change it from 2:1 for PvP to at least 5:1 and I get that your Marks and Credits are split and based off Kills and Assist, but XP should go back to being based off your damage.  There are many fights where I as a tagger spend my time hitting sails and keeping the ship in battle to only have our big boy come up and do the dame.  Only to get little to no reward cause I didn't do enough damage to mark a Assist or Kill.  Even worse is if I do a board and kill him cause I'm the one closes but cause I did little to no damage I don't get an award. I might as well be a dick to the team and keep the ship to sale off.   The rewards system right now is to much about the steal a kill and not about the team play.   It needs to be tweaked a bit.  We got guys in our clan that refuse to team up and do fleets together cause they get so much less XP for a team effort than they get for working as a team.  This is not a good example of a reward system that rewards the solo play over the team play.   I think the big issue is the share the rewards problem and the fact you get no rewards if you don't get kills or assist.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

How can we change that?

why is that pvpers think that their ships should be better by right?

10:1 ration would be fairer I agree, but this is just saying "I pvp so my ship should be better!" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elbizor said:

why is that pvpers think that their ships should be better by right?

10:1 ration would be fairer I agree, but this is just saying "I pvp so my ship should be better!" 

Did you even read what I wrote?

2 slots through PvE

2 slots through PvP

1 through money or something else

If you dont like PvP at all try the PvE server maybe?

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Did you even read what I wrote?

2 slots through PvE

2 slots through PvP

1 through money or something else

If you dont like PvP at all try the PvE server maybe?

I read Exactly what you wrote!!

You want the 3rd and 4th slots to be opened by pvp alone! so that those that do pvp a lot will be in better ships... don't you like a fair fight?

As for which server .. I RvR  which for me is what this game is all about.

If You don't to RvR  try legends.

4 minutes ago, Elbizor said:

I read Exactly what you wrote!!

You want the 3rd and 4th slots to be opened by pvp alone! so that those that do pvp a lot will be in better ships... don't you like a fair fight?

If You don't to RvR  try legends.

I think its better to reward people who do PvP instead of pushing everyone into this monotone PvE grind. Because right now OW PvP is reduced to a minimum and it feels like a waste of time since I can level my ship through PvE 100 times faster with almost zero risk.

You can also sink ships in RvR and get PvP XP.

10 minutes ago, Elbizor said:

I remamber when r vs r was a pvp experiance..... how tables have turned.... Nowdays ppl call themselves rvr'ers while all they do is farm pve and go into empty pb's.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I think its better to reward people who do PvP instead of pushing everyone into this monotone PvE grind. Because right now OW PvP is reduced to a minimum and it feels like a waste of time since I can level my ship through PvE 100 times faster with almost zero risk.

You can also sink ships in RvR and get PvP XP.

Yeah, we just don't get to do it very often!!

The xp grind was a dev thing to give people something to do, like it always is!

I just don't believe that something that makesyou better should be pvp exclusive

• Like 1

Just now, Elbizor said:

Yeah, we just don't get to do it very often!!

The xp grind was a dev thing to give people something to do, like it always is!

I just don't believe that something that makesyou better should be pvp exclusive

Why not? Theres a ton of stuff which is PvE exclusive (refits, books...) and its a PvP server after all.

1 hour ago, Elbizor said:

so that those that do pvp a lot will be in better ships... don't you like a fair fight?

Let's be honest in a 1v1 the slots mean nothing. The mistakes you make in battle will kill you, not the 5% faster reload or whatever.

Before wipe i captured a Surprise and only had green upgrades installed and i killed about 10-15 guys with that ship before i finally got ganked and slaughtered.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pada said:

Let's be honest in a 1v1 the slots mean nothing. The mistakes you make in battle will kill you, not the 5% faster reload or whatever.

Before wipe i captured a Surprise and only had green upgrades installed and i killed about 10-15 guys with that ship before i finally got ganked and slaughtered.

You mean stern camped to death? Surprise is easy mode for noobs. Break rudder, chain, rake and you are done. I wounder what would happen if they removed that boat from the game or nerfed it.

Edited by Lordicious
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordicious said:

You mean stern camped to death? Surprise is easy mode for noobs. Break rudder, chain, rake and you are done. I wounder what would happen if they removed that boat from the game or nerfed it.

lol you can do that with every frigate, that's not a special ability only the Surprise has. And the Surprise is very easy to counter if you know the weak spots.

• Like 2