Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.3

admin

Minor hot fixes were deployed over last 4 days

• Combat mark description updated (changed from pve marks)
  • Fixed the bug that did not show X - Inspect ship in rare cases
  • Fort and towers have received increased BR to allow easier leveling of Mortar brig
  • Essex bug allowing use of double shot and double charge without perk fixed
  • Changed furnishings conversion amounts from combat marks in the admiralty
  • Fixed the bug blocking pvp mark to combat mark conversion on the pve server

• Like 14

Unrelated but speaking of the Essex, if it normal that the 1st knowledge slot needs 2250 xp and second one 9050 xp on this ship ?

Compared to something like the Indefatigable that is quite tanky, have better guns and able to rack up xp way faster and more easily in small fleet PVE battles for example, a ship that if i make no errors need 2700xp for the 1st slot and 10900 xp for the second,  same for some ships ranked a bit lower that need way less xp, requirements XP for knowledge seems off for the Essex, surprising to see it so high comparing it a bit with some other ships, does not seems scaled in proportion with other ships.

26 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

- Revenge fleets (inverse ganking), we need ANY way to safely exit the battle;

The only time I really see this is an issue is if there is an overwhelming force outside of yours battle. If there is shouldn't you be sunk? If you head to enemy waters and the enemy mounts a force to hunt you down, they should be able to take you out. If it is in home waters, then you need to work with your nation to stop the enemy from mounting such a large force in your waters. If you don't want to get ganked, don't put yourself in a situation that it can happen. 

26 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

- Some kind of tp to freeports (for example with long, even 3-4h cooldown).

Why? TP to FP only supports the idea of ganking and no recourse. If you TP to a Freeport that is not in your nation's waters, then you are hunting or trading in those waters. You should be open to attack any time you are in enemy waters. 

It sounds like you want to be able to safely hunt enemy waters and not worry about the enemy mounting a counter attack. 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 14

14 minutes ago, Kanay said:

Unrelated but speaking of the Essex, if it normal that the 1st knowledge slot needs 2250 xp and second one 9050 xp on this ship ?

Compared to something like the Indefatigable that is quite tanky, have better guns and able to rack up xp way faster and more easily in small fleet PVE battles for example, a ship that if i make no errors need 2700xp for the 1st slot and 10900 xp for the second,  same for some ships ranked a bit lower that need way less xp, requirements XP for knowledge seems off for the Essex, surprising to see it so high comparing it a bit with some other ships, does not seems scaled in proportion with other ships.

Well they are all 5th rates, but I haven't looked to see if the rate of xp is base off BR or rate of ship yet.  I do know the light frigates take a lot less for sure.

35 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Please repair OW PvP. Current state is unacceptable and does not fit to announced by you "we want people to go pvp".

To do list:

- fix the PvP rewards, they are DRASTICLY too low;

- Lack of "fair fight" factor - signaling perk;

I can agree with every point except second one. Invinsible gives you ANY way to safely exit the battle. Instead of looking for facilitations for gankers, Devs should think about new systems/events/rewards which will increase PvP rate in different regions than capitals.

7 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

It has been discussed million times. There is nobody outside my batte when i attack, but attacked player can magically talk to other captains that are miles away and call for help, then those captains magically using time warp sail those miles and cam the place where you are fighting your battle. If ypu remove ALL forms of communication between players (its impossible) the current system would be ok, but the fact is - it doesnt work ane need to be changed.

So you say, that we cannot help our friend, cause you are ganking him. I see your point, but remeber, with current system you are "magically" closed with him in battle and we are not able to do anything even if it is in front of our capital and it doesnt make any sens too.

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

It has been discussed million times. There is nobody outside my batte when i attack, but attacked player can magically talk to other captains that are miles away and call for help, then those captains magically using time warp sail those miles and camp the place where you are fighting your battle. Then magically using time curvature you appear in the same place and time when you finish your battle :huh:.

If you remove ALL forms of communication between players (its impossible) the current system would be ok, but the fact is - it doesnt work ane need to be changed.

Just remember back in the 1800s, it took weeks and months for this ships to go anywhere. So if a private attacked, the surviving crew would get to shore and tell the Admiralty, the Admiralty would send out ships to hunt him now. The game just doesn't work that way for a ton of reasons, so communication is instant and you have to sail smart. You can successfully hunt enemy waters and not get ganked, you just may not be able to sail up to the capital. He'll a guy in a Lynx and a Reno to a fatman yesterday.... no ganking. 

Sail smart! Sail S-MART!!

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 1

I remember about time compression and in my opinion it is the bigest disadvantage of this game. But you cannot predict how long battle will be, and maybe in this time somebody would be able to join. Tbh whole system should be rebuild if we want make good system for both sides.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Do you even actually PvP good Sir ? Because i have strong feeling that you have no idea, what are you talking about..

I do, however if I go into enemy waters, I expect a revenge fleet. It doesn't sound like you do. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well they are all 5th rates, but I haven't looked to see if the rate of xp is base off BR or rate of ship yet.  I do know the light frigates take a lot less for sure.

A thing like surprise needs 950 and 3800 xp for the 2 first slots , a cerb needs 4050 for the third slot, 6650 for the 4th slot, and yes they are not the same ships in terms of armor or firepower, all are 5th that will encounter mostly the same ships in PVE missions and get the same rewards when sinking them,  some will get it easier in pve missions than others of course.

For what i could experiment: at best you will encounter a frigate that gives around 366xp in those M&C missions, the xp bonus for completing the mission does not add up to the knowledge experience ( same stuff when attacking traders AI in OW with any hip, they are now all armed, have a setup for boarding with marines, muskets etc, and no matter if under-crewed for a trader ship they still shoot back as a warship fire rate, but nothing earned as xp for capturing or sinking them, no matter if you attack a LGV with a cutter or with a essex ).In the pve missions you do to get a bit of cash and try to unlock a few slots so you won't be "naked" and too much disadvantaged later for pv,p the more often you encounter 2 navy brigs, one merc and a navy brig, one renomee and so on but all those give less than 366xp a frigate gives per mission if i make no errors.

Unlike the indefatigable you will probably not do a small M&C fleet mission alone in a Essex even less in one of those other ships, redeemed my indefatigable yesterday only, have not sailed it yet as still missing some guns for it ( cash grinding here i come ) , but guys i know suggested me that it was not hard and well earning to do the fleet missions in solo mode with this tanky and well armed ship, so while it is also a 5th rate that will encounter the same ships in pve missions ( and I suppose deal with them in a blink with the gunnery it have) it has the capacity to earn way more and faster in pve M&C fleet missions or by taking on bigger AI ships in OW bringing more xp, yet it is only a bit higher than a essex for xp requirements.

The requirements for the Essex just seems extremely high compared to this ship and some a bit lower, have not seen requirements for all ships, when i restarted 10 or so days ago i looked at the wiki and only a few ships were listed, not sure if there is a list with all ships and xp needed so we can really have a global picture and compare, but yeah for me it seems off and odd to say the least.

10 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Do you even actually PvP good Sir ? Because i have strong feeling that you have no idea, what are you talking about..

Doubt he does. Basic cutter scouts that simply follow any group worth attention and summoning revenge fleet is common practice now. Just yesterday had 4-5 hours of battles vs 25+ spanish like that.

Sits in greenzone and refuses to give battle, then sends basic cutter to follow your group. After exiting epic event voila 25 spanish including 1st and 2nd rates. That's to meet our 10-15 group of 5th-4th rates.

Another amazing "tactic" is to tag bots in front of active town and sail away during NPC battle. Have a cutter outside camping waiting for someone to leave port. This one should be countered that if no damage done for 5 mins it kicks everyone out of the battle.

Edited by Aphilas
  • Like 6

With ow pvp Otto means the destruction of solo players and newbies with 3-5 vs 1. After that he would like to be safe.

Supporting these playstyle would be an impudence and more newbies quit.

If u have a fair battle there comes no revenge fleet.

But pvp rewards must be raised.

Freetown teleport please at least 24h cooldown.

Edited by C0deX
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

You forgot about time compession in "OW" and "in battle" sailing speed. 30 sec invisibility is useless, gives no protection, because escape route is easy predictable.

I think that maybe cool solution would be to give a choice to defender to close or leave open battle in PVP (in OW)... so if you are not in the circle and defender will instantly close the battle after ...you need to face him alone. So gankers if want to ez gank one dude will have to put more effort in OW...also if gankers face revange fleet the choice is now on their side how to work it out... and revange fleet has to put more effort to catch smaller and propably fast ganking group...

21 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Please repair OW PvP. Current state is unacceptable and does not fit to announced by you "we want people to go pvp".

To do list:

- fix the PvP rewards, they are DRASTICLY too low;

- Lack of "fair fight" factor - signaling perk;

ad 1) I agree

ad 2) you can quit playing for a moment if you are afraid of revenge and come back latter to safely recover your ship

ad 3) what do you mean by "fair fight"?

ad 4) I strongly disagree, because players should be located on map in some sort of predictable manner, not TP everywhere anytime. Freeports should be not bases for random raiders.

• Like 3

None of this should be posted in patch notes but.

Revenge fleets didn't exist in the age of sail. If you can't log out after hours of doing battle, I don't understand how you can deny there is a problem. ANYONE Who does OW PvP consistently and isn't a green zone camper understands it.  Naval Action has transitioned to hardcore PVE/PB players and OW PvP players are getting the short end of the stick. Ignore it until it is no longer a problem. 

Edited by SeaHyena
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Daguse said:

Just remember back in the 1800s, it took weeks and months for this ships to go anywhere. So if a private attacked, the surviving crew would get to shore and tell the Admiralty, the Admiralty would send out ships to hunt him now. The game just doesn't work that way for a ton of reasons, so communication is instant and you have to sail smart. You can successfully hunt enemy waters and not get ganked, you just may not be able to sail up to the capital. He'll a guy in a Lynx and a Reno to a fatman yesterday.... no ganking. 

"Sail smart! Sail S-MART!!

"Just remember back in the 1800s, it took weeks and months for this ships to go anywhere."    Exactly.  So in the "instance-based" system we have, if  you either defeated or got away from the enemy, you should have a "reasonable chance" surviving or at least be able to finish your gaming session.    Instead, we have a system where people up to a 2-game day sail can come and camp your battle, which is also very conveniently marked on the OW for you.

I cant understand how some people cant see how broken this is...   

Its basically like this:

- Report enemy ship in Nation chat

- Tag ship (any ship) and dont engage, but just keep tagged...

- Confirm in Nation chat that your group of 10 ships is in a 1 min. diameter circle around battle

- Allow tag to expire, forcing player to decide whether to immediately leave (although know that the reason that person stopped tagging him was because the "home defense fleet" is set up, or wait the 15 mins to get kicked into the OW...  (which at least you waste a bit of their time, yay...)

- A "good" player may be able to escape one or two of these scenarios...  NOBODY can escape 5-6 of them, which is what actually happens.

Its broken and I know myself and about 3 others in my clan have played basically zero hours since these mechanics have been adopted.

I dont need to not be "ganked"...  I need mechanics that reward my willingness to find PvP and escape "ganks"...  

The game is either "instance-based" or its not....  

• Like 9

Just now, JG14_Cuzn said:

If teleporting between friendly ports is allowed, then teleporting between free towns should be allowed as well. 

Just add a cool down timer.  

Like the tow feature. 

6 hours. 

Teleporting between friendly means that everybody knows who he can meet. Attack fleets can start here and go in teritory just next door. Teleporting to freeports would mean that surrounding area is PvP area free for all, from where any fleet of any nation can spread out.

2 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

geus you aint doing pb`s hmmm ,failing attacking a port and you have a very high % of losing the entire fleet while sailing back with what ever remained after the pb... so yeah its not just pvp 

So basically, what youre saying is, unless theres a Port Battle, you should hang out in your home waters or just go "grind AI" to increse hostility in a area where people dont sail?

Sounds like....  fun.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

If teleporting between friendly ports is allowed, then teleporting between free towns should be allowed as well. 

Just add a cool down timer.  

Like the tow feature. 

6 hours. 

Or.....

maybe only allow pirates to teleport to free towns?

first part is good

but the second part is is a no go  "maybe only allow pirates to teleport to free towns?"