Game-Labs Forum

No clan No PBs. PBs Managed only by clans

Hello, I'm writing here cause i've experienced something that made me feel disappointed. I was very excited and expecting to participate in my first PB after two months playing the game with more or less 150 hours. The thing is when I asked if there was any group going to this PB someone of a clan told me only his clan was going to fight in that port battle and anyone else was forbidden to go inside this PB. I understood the clans managed and talked between themselves to make a tactic for this PB, but i felt this was unfair for people like me with no clan. 

Is it really mandatory to join a clan to be able to participate in any pvp PB or Big battle?

Fair winds and following seas

• Like 3

I know some nations and clans let a few "Pubbies" join the port battles (So Port Battle fleet is something like; 21 Clan players and 4 "pubbies"). 

I'd suggest getting on your nations TS (its essential for Port Battles and PvP in general) and ask if you can get a spot in a port battle because you really want to try it. I'm sure they will give you a spot :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, admin said:

just go set up your own PB mate. Your nation can have 3 per day. Pick a distant region. raise hostility to 100 and you will enter first. 

He will need 24 other players to show up to the PB and atleast 5-10 to help him get hostility up. He could ofcourse organize the pubbies but then he might as well join a clan right? 
(Not saying making your own PB is a bad idea, just pointing out that it does require more effort than asking nicely if you can get a spot) :)

6 minutes ago, Don Alonso de Entrerríos said:

Thanks to everyone I'll ask next time if i can get a spot to try at least my first PB. 

just do some points for that port and you can enter first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Alonso de Entrerríos said:

Is it really mandatory to join a clan to be able to participate in any pvp PB or Big battle?

Dont see it right for a clan to dictate to others what aspects of a game they can and cannot play. I suggest grinding hostilities for a pb. If they again tell you that you cant join, ignore them. If they treat you poorly such as single you out or intentially team killing then report it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, admin said:

just go set up your own PB mate. Your nation can have 3 per day. Pick a distant region. raise hostility to 100 and you will enter first. 

I am sorry but that is just delusional! While yes 'technically' anybody could create a port battle - it took a full crew of experienced clan players two days to initiate Cartagena and to counter the loss every maintenance I truly doubt that a lone player would be able to just set up his own port battle!!!

Also when was the limit raised to three instead of two?! (might've missed that one)

@the OP: Joining a clan is not necessary to join a port battle. At least it never has been on either server when it comes to the British. However at this stage it is nigh on impossible to work on your own. Therefore I can truly only advise you to join a clan so you are aware of teh coordinated efforts of your nation and the joined resource pool! Without that you will be left behind not due to the choosing of clan palyers but simply by the game mechanics!

Edited by JollyRoger1516

Hello, I'm writing here cause i've experienced something that made me feel disappointed. I was very excited and expecting to participate in my first PB after two months playing the game with more or less 150 hours. The thing is when I asked if there was any group going to this PB someone of a clan told me only his clan was going to fight in that port battle and anyone else was forbidden to go inside this PB. I understood the clans managed and talked between themselves to make a tactic for this PB, but i felt this was unfair for people like me with no clan. 

I spoke to you in chat buddy and explained you would find it easier being part of a big clan, I also explained that there were other PBs coming up that you would be able to take part in.

You are not high enough level to crew a ship size in 4th rate PBs, which would put us at a disadvantage.

I took the time to speak to you and involve you by explaining screening mechanic, please dont make out like you were dismissed.

1 hour ago, admin said:

It is not that simple. The clans are VERY protective of what they view as their prerogative. Whether you ground the hostility or not doesn't matter to them. You get pretty ostracized by them for not playing according to their rules.

It isn't mandatory, but they might view the port battle as being their own clan project if they built the hostility level to make it.  It would be like a stranger crashing a party.  Start talking to some of them and doing missions with them.  Become known.  Participate in building hostility with them.  They want a good battle with friends, and are worried about whether random people that appear will be part of the team or might be enemy spies.  (they will usually want voice coms for coordination too)  Sometimes maybe clan leaders are control freaks.  There are always some people you can't work with.

Edited by rownd

30 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Dont see it right for a clan to dictate to others what aspects of a game they can and cannot play. I suggest grinding hostilities for a pb. If they again tell you that you cant join, ignore them. If they treat you poorly such as single you out or intentially team killing then report it.

And yet that is precisely what happens. 

I know organised RvR demands organisation, discipline and cooperation only clans can provide, yet that is very frustratig to the independant player.

I also understand the frustration of a clan member who's worked hard just to make the PB happen and can't get in at the last moment because a new player who doesn't know better takes up the last slot in a Mercury.

The resulting situation means a whole portion of the game is virtually unaccessible to people unwilling or unable to join a clan. Occasionnal players or those with irregular playing hours only have a very slim chance of joining an interesting PB unless they first dare sail through the barrage of insults and hostile behaviour from angry clannies.

Edited by VonBarb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Really ?! This is literally like telling a stranded castaway to 'just build his own boat and sail it home'

Besides, even if a single player DID succeed, he would get attacked by clans already working to fill the '3 per day' quota for denying them a PB.

Edited by VonBarb
  • Like 1

Just don't forget yer cannons.

• Like 3

You don't have to join a clan to PB, however it is probably best if you at least work with one.

As a solo player you cannot raise hostility to 100% that would be ~70 battles - decay add another 20 battles. So a good 70 hours non stop play. So don't even think or believe anyone telling you you can do it on your own.

If you see a region that your nation is agitating gaining hostility jump on nation chat and ask if you can help, group up and help.

Now entering a PB on your own, without com's is of course your "right" (as it were) however you are doing the other 24 players a dis-service.

Imagine any sports team where one person turns up, joins the team and NEVER speaks to anyone and just does their own thing. Tell me, how would they be perceived.

So at the least, chat to the clans who are agitating. So its all well and true that we are entitled to our gameplay but at the same time, recognise the collective efforts of the 25 odd folks setting up the battle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

just do some points for that port and you can enter first.

I think this is bad advice and can lead to lots of animosity between players. Imagine the scenario where a few such players jump into the port battle thus excluding the mortar brigs the planners of the battle had wanted to bring in. This just leads to a free for all which can disrupt prior planning and cause no end of problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

I think this is bad advice and can lead to lots of animosity between players. Imagine the scenario where a few such players jump into the port battle thus excluding the mortar brigs the planners of the battle had wanted to bring in. This just leads to a free for all which can disrupt prior planning and cause no end of problems.

While I understand we want to get all the biggest ships in and the best thing to do is wait to do so. When I was running my third account as a baby Dan to help the Danish players with port battles by giving them an extra US time player to show up to some, If I showed up to SEA prime time I would ask, "Do you have enough?"  They would say yes or they would tell me to enter after the rest of the players.   Once I was able to bring a Mortar Brig I started to bring that as it was the only way I could be effective in the bigger battles and they where cool with that.  This is one good way to get involved, talk to the bigger guys and bring something that can be of use so they can free up one of there higher ranking guys to be in a higher ranked ships.

As for the guys taking slots.  I'm sorry you should of gotten agro if you didn't want any one else to join first before your guys, though with this I think we should be able to get port battle points even after the port battle was set.  This means that if we have 5 guys that want to be apart of the port battle they can go grind some fleets the day before and be able to join with the rest of the team. 

As one of the biggest clans in our nation on PvP2 we where pretty much all the RvR on the pirates side but had a bunch of guys from other clans that joined us. They normally filled in the slots that our 15-20 couldn't (normally about 5 guys extra).  Many times we where short handed and would of invited even a lower class ship to join just to fill our numbers.  A lot of times even the small ships.  We actually recruited a lot from guys that just showed up every time we where doing agro or fighting cause you showed that you want to be apart of things.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

While I understand we want to get all the biggest ships in and the best thing to do is wait to do so. When I was running my third account as a baby Dan to help the Danish players with port battles by giving them an extra US time player to show up to some, If I showed up to SEA prime time I would ask, "Do you have enough?"  They would say yes or they would tell me to enter after the rest of the players.   Once I was able to bring a Mortar Brig I started to bring that as it was the only way I could be effective in the bigger battles and they where cool with that.  This is one good way to get involved, talk to the bigger guys and bring something that can be of use so they can free up one of there higher ranking guys to be in a higher ranked ships.

As for the guys taking slots.  I'm sorry you should of gotten agro if you didn't want any one else to join first before your guys, though with this I think we should be able to get port battle points even after the port battle was set.  This means that if we have 5 guys that want to be apart of the port battle they can go grind some fleets the day before and be able to join with the rest of the team. 

As one of the biggest clans in our nation on PvP2 we where pretty much all the RvR on the pirates side but had a bunch of guys from other clans that joined us. They normally filled in the slots that our 15-20 couldn't (normally about 5 guys extra).  Many times we where short handed and would of invited even a lower class ship to join just to fill our numbers.  A lot of times even the small ships.  We actually recruited a lot from guys that just showed up every time we where doing agro or fighting cause you showed that you want to be apart of things.  

But look at the situation where you have a busy server and you have more than 25 people from your nation who have gained hostility and are able to enter the port battle when it first opens. How do you then decide who enters? It becomes a matter of luck as to who clicks faster or has the better ping to enter the battle. Then the leader of the battle has to look at who has managed to get in and then alter the battle plan accordingly. Now some of those people who entered may not be on TS or not follow instructions and once you have a few of those type of people on your team it puts you at a disadvantage. Then we get back to the old problem of people being called alts and deliberately entering the battle just to affect the outcome.

We all know that there are many players who ask if there is space or talk with the main organizers of the battle to see it they can join, and we know that there are many clans who will try and get new players into battles to get experience, but we also have many players of the opinion that they paid for the game and thus are entitled to enter the port battle to have their fun regardless of how it affects other players and the outcome of the battle.

Just now, Archaos said:

But look at the situation where you have a busy server and you have more than 25 people from your nation who have gained hostility and are able to enter the port battle when it first opens. How do you then decide who enters? It becomes a matter of luck as to who clicks faster or has the better ping to enter the battle. Then the leader of the battle has to look at who has managed to get in and then alter the battle plan accordingly. Now some of those people who entered may not be on TS or not follow instructions and once you have a few of those type of people on your team it puts you at a disadvantage. Then we get back to the old problem of people being called alts and deliberately entering the battle just to affect the outcome.

We all know that there are many players who ask if there is space or talk with the main organizers of the battle to see it they can join, and we know that there are many clans who will try and get new players into battles to get experience, but we also have many players of the opinion that they paid for the game and thus are entitled to enter the port battle to have their fun regardless of how it affects other players and the outcome of the battle.

The 2 min lock out is for the top 25 folks. If you where the top 25 than you should get in before any one else.  If you are not you have to wait.  That is why I said we should be able to gain agro after the port been flipped so all those that want to be part of that first 25 cans go get more agro to make sure they enter the fight first.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The 2 min lock out is for the top 25 folks. If you where the top 25 than you should get in before any one else.  If you are not you have to wait.  That is why I said we should be able to gain agro after the port been flipped so all those that want to be part of that first 25 cans go get more agro to make sure they enter the fight first.

Has it been confirmed that it is only the top 25 with hostility that can enter first or anyone with hostility? If it is just the top 25 then where can you see the amount of hostility to enable you enter the port battle prior to the battle starting?