Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 3 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

NPC National fleets in 4th rate counties are still bugged or just too scares

In the Windward Islands u have 4 Brit ports, as I was solo testing things i sat myself in front of the Capital of that county Namely Bridgetown for 3-4 days at sea roughly to see if there would be any Brit NPC fleets larger then a Trader passing by that i could battle to raise hostility

This is what sailed by:

Day 1:

- 07.20: France Essex. Privateer Fleet: BR 250

- 13.50 Spanish Brig: BR 50

- 16.20: Dutch Trader Snow: BR 10

- 22.00 France Essex, Privateer Fleet: BR 250

- 23.10 Spanish Brig: BR 50

Day 2:

- 03.50 France Niagara, Navy Brig: BR 170

- 09.10 Spanish Ingermanland, Cerberus: BR 350

- 10.50 Spanish Ingermanland, Brig, 2x Snow, Rattlesnake: BR 450

- 11.30 United States Essex, Endymion: BR 440

- 12.20 Spanish LGV: BR 110

- 16.30 Spanish Ingermanland, Brig, 2x Snow, Rattlesnake: BR 450

- 17.20 United States Essex, Endymion: BR 440

- 18.10 Spanish Rattlesnake: BR 50

Day 3:

- 8.20 Great Britain Trader Brig: BR 10

- 11.00 Spanish Essex, 2x Trincomalee, Niagara: BR 760

- 12.00 France Trincomalee: BR 220

- 20.00 Spanish Ingermanland, Cerberus: BR 350

Day 4:

- 9.30 United States Essex, Endymion: BR 440

(then i had to log for food)

But u get the gist, the national fleets are scares or non existent unless its just traders.

In an earlier attempt with Chetamista Noud we found a bellepoule fleet in the in between of the island of carriocou and followed it around to hopefully attack it in the county zone of windward Island but it decided to turn around a few meters infront of that zone to head back to carriocou and we just gave up after 40 minutes of checking for bigger fleets then traders.

Edited by SoulPYTHON
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SoulPYTHON said:

In the Windward Islands u have 4 Brit ports, as I was solo testing things i sat myself in front of the Capital of that county Namely Bridgetown for 3-4 days at sea roughly to see if there would be any Brit NPC fleets larger then a Trader passing by that i could battle to raise hostility

This is what sailed by:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

But u get the gist, the national fleets are scares or non existent unless its just traders.

In an earlier attempt with Chet Noud we found a bellepoule fleet in the in between of the island of carriocou and followed it around to hopefully attack it in the county zone of windward Island but it decided to turn around a few meters infront of that zone to head back to carriocou and we just gave up after 40 minutes of checking for bigger fleets then traders.

Yes, over the last 24 hours I have spent around 4 hours sailing around the windwards and have not found 1 fleet.  The only thing other than GB trader Brigs I have found was at curriocou and both times they didn't go into the circumference of the county.  Please fix.

We serverely need more npc fleets that are part of the nation within their regions. 

At this current time, getting hostility up in a region just doesn't happen. If the OW npc fleets are like this after the patch, no one will be able to conquer regions because there aren't enough npcs to kill. 

The best way to defend a region, again, is to just not be there and that is bad :(.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulPYTHON said:

I just did a circle of the Grand Turk region and all I saw was one Trader Brig and a Lynx/Privateer fleet.   I killed the Lynx/Privateer fleet and headed home.  Yah we only have a small number of players, what is it going to like when you have 10 times the number or 100 times hunting AI's and such?  What sucks is that is  a 4th rate region and I didn't see anything other than shallow ships.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

27 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

We serverely need more npc fleets that are part of the nation within their regions. 

At this current time, getting hostility up in a region just doesn't happen. If the OW npc fleets are like this after the patch, no one will be able to conquer regions because there aren't enough npcs to kill. 

The best way to defend a region, again, is to just not be there and that is bad :(.

Aren't we haveing something new like a flag system or something that is suppose to be in this patch?   I don't think AI grinding is the main way to flip ports any more, but until they get all this stuff into testbed we really don't know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulPYTHON said:

This is what sailed by:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

In an earlier attempt with Chetamista Noud we found a bellepoule fleet in the in between of the island of carriocou and followed it around to hopefully attack it in the county zone of windward Island but it decided to turn around a few meters infront of that zone to head back to carriocou and we just gave up after 40 minutes of checking for bigger fleets then traders.

Yuck,

Quick bad math on those non trader fleets = average ~315br fleets.

rank 3-6 grind will be amazing with a 50br snow or whatever you like at that rank (assuming you didnt build buildings and went broke ). 150k+other materials for a workshop to get them sweet carros.  Seems like crafting was made the new end game, with materials for buying a shipyard and no npc resources/eu traders, atleast you could somewhat craft your own ships when ranking up before, but we are playing in a desert right now, economy is alot different with thousands of players vs hundreds, so it might be good if that ever happens again.

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I just did a circle of the Grand Turk region and all I saw was one Trader Brig and a Lynx/Privateer fleet.   I killed the Lynx/Privateer fleet and headed home.  Yah we only have a small number of players, what is it going to like when you have 10 times the number or 100 times hunting AI's and such?  What sucks is that is  a 4th rate region and I didn't see anything other than shallow ships.

Then they'll be forced to eat each other.

Or spend their entire lives in mission purgatory.

Devs plz fix these points:

1. Combat/Fleet Missions - <- No AI help on fleet missions no high rank combat missions
  2. Crew gold costs way to much, tell me did in real crew cost more then a ship??
  3. Guns in Shop are to expensive i know we should craft our guns but it is to much!
But good work with Redwood and pine give us more slots for a Workshop.

34 minutes ago, furyGer said:

Break up a ship give the recept. To easy

You get like...3 carriages and a handful of other things. Not even close to what you get for breaking a ship on the main servers. That needs to be fixed. When you break a ship, you should be able to salvage at least 50% of its parts. But if they are concerned about people capping Connies (or buying them) and breaking them up to avoid crafting mats entirely...they can use the old (currently on the main servers) system where you get a small amount of things. But the "almost nothing" that we get for breaking a ship on testbed is practically worthless.

EDIT: I misread your meaning there. You mean recipe...yes I think you can get the BP from breaking up a ship, but the other stuff you get is not very good from breaking up a ship. Apologies for my confusion :(

34 minutes ago, furyGer said:

Fight small ships give more kills, more pve marks. Perhaps to easy

You get less pve marks for Sinking little ships. Sinking bigger ships is better. In fact, sinking more and bigger ships is better. Seal clubbing the little AI is not as profitable (concerning marks and xp) as sinking more reasonably sized prey. At least that is my experience on the testbed. Sinking smaller ships is like the old idea: "If we sink a ton of brigs & pickles we can get hostility up faster than if we go and sink a few missions' worth of 1-3 rate SOLs." It does not work like that. 

Edited by Willis PVP2
I mis-understood something. Apologies for any confusion.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SoulPYTHON said:

I

this will be fixed soon

(they currently generate enemy bots instead of national bots for hostility and slight protection)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Aren't we haveing something new like a flag system or something that is suppose to be in this patch?   I don't think AI grinding is the main way to flip ports any more, but until they get all this stuff into testbed we really don't know.

flags for pvp marks are under consideration. No final design yet. We will keep players posted on this and provide info once we have it. 

• Like 3

Probably missed something but, after two weeks testing in the server cannot find any reason to crafting ships. This patch basically killed the people that enjoy crafting.

1-The ships in store are same the ships crafted (blues), the only difference was two more locked no permanents slots to unlock. 

2-Captured NPCs ships are now, if you are lucky, from LIVE OAK and MAHOGANY!

3-and finally, you can capture Bellonas, Pavels...ships of the line!

Very Sad.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Teutonic said:

They won't do it, since an insane number of enemy aggressive IA patrols will be necessary in order to chase down and sink the filthy traders also in their own waters, starting from the very moment they dare to leave the port of their capital city.

Burn the traders!

Edited by victor

Out of interest how come a 32lb carronade can be produced for less than half the cost of a 24lb long, or is this a devilish plan to make us all alongside brawlers. Something like 11iron plus 3 coal (might be more coal) against 29 iron plus 7 coal.

At least now cannons don't seem to cost more than the ship, seems to be about 2/3's

Please can we have the gun class added to the cannons etc in the crafting menu, cannons are easy to check, against the shop, but sorry don't have it written down the classes for carronades

• Like 1

Production cost for a long cannon to a mid cannon in the shop and the player based eco.

For one unit of iron i must pay 80 gold and for coal 40 gold if i will buid a long cannon and look on the price for a mid cannon in the shop how cheap they are i get the feeling nobody will by the longs.

I build yesterday (tonight) 16 long cannons 6pd and got production costs of around 19k plus the contract for over 1k thats 20 k to get only this cannons in the shop if i sell each for 2k i get a profit of around 10k for all 16 cannons. Profit will be okay but i think nobody will buy them for 2 k when a midgrade cannon is in the shop for only her production costs.

Edit. 

I coud build the Workshop without ressources. 

Edited by Ville de Klabauter

2 hours ago, FieryCross said:

Out of interest how come a 32lb carronade can be produced for less than half the cost of a 24lb long, or is this a devilish plan to make us all alongside brawlers. Something like 11iron plus 3 coal (might be more coal) against 29 iron plus 7 coal.

Because it requires less iron (being lighter)