Game-Labs Forum
admin

Wipe patch to live servers slightly delayed.

57 minutes ago, Tac said:

As with any release date with a big patch for an unreleased game I just add on a month so I'm pleasantly surprised.

That why I keep saying May...lol

Get it right.  Patience is a virtue.  Or was it a virgin?   Oh well. Either way I will be patient as I want virtuous or a virgin...? :)

• Like 2

"a bit of a delay" <---- past 3 months. Devs, just say you dont know when this wipe will come out, this coming soon thing is a bit old to be honest, no one knows what to expect right now so its a bit hard to play the game.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

That why I keep saying May...lol

i said 2018. no one believes me, but its almost halfway there. ha 

• Like 2

Delayed ? No way ???

Devs have you also optimized 25v25 for i7's and multi-core utilization for the CPU ? Or is this upcoming patch about "content" because seriously, you need to fix the terrible fps problems...

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, PowderMonkey said:

Good luck with the ship change! I do hope we get a population return in 2 weeks, let's hope everyone comes back and plays!

A bit dissapointed it is delayed, but not surprised.

Good luck!

Do you really believe that "everyone" will come back ??? I estimate when this patch arrives, half the player base would have disbanded based on current pops I see. PvP Two today (when I logged on) was 29, when it is usually 120...

Good Luck Devs; I await patiently.

I mirror the sentiment of my comrade Jean Pual; Somehow need to revitalize the current population until this patch arrives.

Last time I was on PvP EU there were forty-seven players! 47! I haven't played the game in weeks. I think the Devs are hinting that they don't give a damn. Where there was constant flow of activity in the past, it has been slowly, inexorably slowing and now it has come to a halt. If it were a single player game, that would not matter, but it is not. It's time that the Devs deliver their promise in a timely manner. This chaos in the game, so full of promise initially, has gone on far too long.

• Like 1

Hopefully next time they won't tell us too much in advance about the next wipe.

If there is a lesson to get from that it's that one. Don't announce too early. The main server has been dead for weeks now and the testbed is not better (33 players right now).

• Like 1

I would rather they have the mechanics ready for prime time.  Don't mind waiting a bit more.

Everyone should get in the testbed, try to break things, report the bugs.

16 hours ago, Shrez said:

I doubt players coming back while devs only invent "painfull" stuff.

I'm part of a group of 40 or so players coming back specifically because of the wipe and that the devs are taking the training wheels back off the game.  I'm sure we're not the only ones.  

I realize this wipe and changes are going to be painful for the 1000 or so people that were left in the game last December and liked it that way.  I really do.  But you have to understand and I think deep down you do that it was a dying RvR/PvP game.  The slow changes of last year did not actually result in improvements that were appealing to the mass of Pvp gamers out there. No matter how good they sounded at the time it just didn't end up working.  So it's time to try something new and hope for the best.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, Bach said:

I'm part of a group of 40 or so players coming back specifically because of the wipe and that the devs are taking the training wheels back off the game.  I'm sure we're not the only ones.  

I realize this wipe and changes are going to be painful for the 1000 or so people that were left in the game last December and liked it that way.  I really do.  But you have to understand and I think deep down you do that it was a dying RvR/PvP game.  The slow changes of last year did not actually result in improvements that were appealing to the mass of Pvp gamers out there. No matter how good they sounded at the time it just didn't end up working.  So it's time to try something new and hope for the best.

Im one of the vets that quit a while back along with the last of my friends but ive watched the forums for news that things would revert to being a fun game again..aka no training wheels.

Ive heard and read rumors of training wheels being off and NA going back to how it was when people acually wanred to play but ive not seen much from devs on this.

Can you list the things going away that catered to the carebear crowd or what training wheels are comming off? 

Im one who is still keeping hope of a return to a more sandbox ffa game.

I seriously doubt we will ever see the numbers we had a little over a year ago. Even with a sale I don't think we'll get many players back. All these delays, even if necessary are hurting the player base more than we think. I hope I'm wrong but the population for this game peaked already last year

6 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

I seriously doubt we will ever see the numbers we had a little over a year ago. Even with a sale I don't think we'll get many players back. All these delays, even if necessary are hurting the player base more than we think. I hope I'm wrong but the population for this game peaked already last year

You are repeating this gospel all over the forum.  Thank you for your viewpoint.

Test and present findings or simply wait and then play. Get over it and discuss objectively.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Jean Pual Vilvenue said:

Do you really believe that "everyone" will come back ??? I estimate when this patch arrives, half the player base would have disbanded based on current pops I see. PvP Two today (when I logged on) was 29, when it is usually 120...

No i do not thats why i used the word Hope :)

6 hours ago, Hodo said:

LOL I run a i5 Sandybridge CPU and a 760GTX Nvidia GPU with 8gb DDR ram.. and I get 20-40FPS in a 25v25 port battle.  On HIGH settings.  1400x900 resolution. 

So I have no idea what your GPU is doing but you may want to look at heat and RAM usage.  

Ultra settings @1440p 144hz, with a custom watercooled build and a GTX 1080 (EK) waterblock. If you are remotely thinking 25v25 is playable good for you. So you are denying the most commonly experienced problem of shots not appearing on screen, fps lag and stutters ? You are probably running on 60Hz too, try running 100fps in OW, then entering a PB and achieving 20fps, it feels like 5 and it makes you laugh at how pathetic the game is.

OW GPU runs at 40C max load, enter a PB, usage drops to 25% and CPU usage just lingers and does jack all. 1400x900 = CPU bound you will get better FPS, but seriously, who runs games at poverty levels of resolution ?

Edited by Jean Pual Vilvenue

2 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Quite true. However it didn't peak because it had the perfect rules set. It peaked because it was new, fresh and popular.  When we had so many people last year we had to open additional servers most of those players were playing under rules the players today think were barbaric.   Everyone could get attacked anywhere by anyone, port battles could happen at any time of the day, there was battle screen ambushes, huge reinforcement timers, plenty of ganking and all kinds of stuff that if you mentioned doing today people would scream about. Yet we had so many we had to open another server. So in truth, the rule set probably doesn't really matter so much as being or appearing fresh and new. 

If we want more population I think this new release really just needs a good PR agent to sell it and probably not much else. Pirates of the Caribbean 5 comes out in a month.  If the timing is there and the word of this new Caribbean sailing game with an awesome combat system gets around the potential for many new players is definitely there.  

Edited by Bach
  • Like 5

On April 19, 2017 at 7:12 PM, OneEyedSnake said:

i said 2018. no one believes me, but its almost halfway there. ha 

I think  SC will beat them to launch at this rate.

Edited by Ruthless4u
  • Like 1

On 19-4-2017 at 11:27 PM, Alado said:

wipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee poooooooooooooooooooooooower :D, The wipe will solve all the problems :lol:

at the moment the only thing they "wiped" are the players in this game.

• Like 7

My advice for those who "moaning (in general)": if you like game (now or in the past) just take a BREAK now and BACK when developers finish their job. Its so simple and there is no reason get stress because game is not finished yet.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

You are repeating this gospel all over the forum.  Thank you for your viewpoint.

Test and present findings or simply wait and then play. Get over it and discuss objectively.

Uhm ... interesting.

But what about the usual "viewpoint" of the countless ones that still repeat on this forum the good old refrain "it's alpha", "tanks for the good work", "give time" etc. etc.? Is it an example of objective discussion or just the expression of a personal viewpoint (that mods therefore should address the same way you did in the quoted response)?

To be honest I think that the problems that induce some people to express negative "viewpoints" are objective (and also well known to the older part the community). Point is that those problems are so many and so often repeated on these forums in the past months (and - unfortunately - substantially ignored) that a part of people still interested in the game got bored of proposing and explaining. So they show they love for the what the game "could have been" by accusing the devs of not having been able to listen to the suggestions of a part of the community. 

But also a large part of the other players is just supporting devs just because they strongly "hope" that something good (with no actual idea about what) will come some day out of the magic hat.

Besides that, the only objective, undeniable (and sad) fact is that the game - patch after patch - is bleeding old players and seem to fail in stimulating newcomers. Such being the situation, supporting the old "give time and be patient, it's alpha" approach seems somehow ... wierd.

Wanna know my idea?

I have 1500 hour in game (having reached the rear admiral rank) and I am testing the new patch on testbed, with a focus on PVE and crafting. What I realized in a few hours of testing is that the "new" version of the game will be an incredible timesink (so basically you need to grind to do almost anything).

Will it be sandbox? Sure (but i play in other sandboxes - EVE online - that have a crapton of things to do that allow you to enjoy the gaming experience even if you have not a lot of time to spend in them).

Will it be hardcore? Maybe (I think that a hardcore game is a game where you need to invest a lot of time in getting good in your gaming skills and not in grinding, but there could be different interpretations).

Will if be newbies fiendly? Not sure about it. The grind was already hard before, but now the progression will be a very steep path for a beginner.

But, more important ....

Will it be funny playing - or, rather, testing - naval action (at least as it used to be in the past)? NO.

THIS IS THE VERY POINT: a game that is not fun for a large part of the players is not a game that will live long.

So I stopped testing and - whenever the wipe will come - I will play just to see how the "new" game will feel in a more populated server (testbed is just a desert). But if the mood will be the same of what I tested this days, I will quit and give it a try just after the final release.

You could answer - as usual - "it's your opinion" "give time" and so on. But, guys, please ... just take look at the statistics of the players on the server during these years before telling what is actually "objective" and what is "opinion".

On top of that ... I still hope the game will have a great future too, since I like the concept of the project. But I am perfectly aware that this - in the actual situation - is just wishful thinking, so ... my opinion.

Edited by victor
  • Like 5

You give the feedback where it is due. Not at every corner, at every step, at every opportunity and everytime you sit to type something.

There are some things you cannot change and by writing the same jackass mantra in every thread even if it is not even remotely related is pure spam and trolling, sorry.

That red post was simply to say - do not spam the entire forum with a  Message  that is already posted in the appropriate thread.