Game-Labs Forum

The Overwhelming Inbalance on PvP1:

Yar Matey

5 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

overwhelming numbers on the ABDs side.  

latest pirates attack on Remedios. full pb and two full screening fleets by Spanish only.

one of recent pirates attacks on Port-au-Prince. more than a hundred screening ships by eastern zerg.

sorry, mate, i call a bs.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Or for example when the pirates were pushed back to a few ports. Being attacked by all nation's at the same time! I'm guessing you have forgotten all  the nation's launching flags against the last remaining pirate ports. Throughout the Attack window! I didnt see any Danes/Spanish etc (or any nationals for that matter) if I remember correctly certain Dutch users said they would not be happy until the rats were forced from the game!

Now us ex pirates have long memories, now the alliance we are part of are willing to see the Dutch crushed and beaten from the game, you are in uproar!

It's not fair etc!!! 

The Dutch have very selective memories. Either you play on a level playing field or you don't!!! This it's #testing (exploiting) when you win, but when you loose you call for a fair and level playing field. 

You seem to be mixing up Dutch and Danes a bit. You do realize that the coalition you're currently in is the same 'carebear-alliance' that conquered the pirates, right? Seems a bit contradictory to having a long memory.

Thanks for pointing out my error!

Yes your correct I joined the British, as pirate the nationals ran from us. As a national players run to fight me!

I may be British and I may have pirate alts and pirate friends. But I joined sorry, my clan, where I feel at home. If they (toxic/sorry) went over to the dirty Danes, I'd follow as I respect LV'S ability to lead and utmost respect my follow clan members.

Once you've been pirate you learn that national pride means next to nothing. Having pride In what you and your friends do is all that matters! 

Everyone should play pirate, it gives you a totally different way of playing naval action! Ports loose importance, pvp is where the fun is at(pvp is now dead outside pbs).

Edited by monk33y

Balancing would be good, but it's going to be difficult. Even measuring "size" of factions isn't just about numbers, having joined a faction does not mean the player is going to participate in PvP let alone RvR or be active at all.
However, chronic imbalances need to be addressed but it would probably be an unwise move to force player Aubrey5004 and J4cK Sp4rr0w into a low pop faction, some for of incentive and compensation for switching needs to emerge - and the actual process of faction change has to be a lot easier, currently it is a long winded process to get your outposts, and officer perks back, and for crafters losing all blueprints means it's entirely impossible.

Edited by Snoopy

Balancing is also boring and can lead to a stalemate, I loved the days the Danes captured pot Morant, between the Danes and pirates the British lost half of Jamaica at one point. You know what ? It was exciting, logging on to save your nation, not travel half way across the globe to get a fight. The war swung  one way and then the other. I miss those days and its actually quite dull on the British side at the moment if im honest and have thought about a switch to freshen things up.

AI should help the smallest nation!!

Which ever nation is the smallest (playerbase)  should receive AI support, the game attacks the closet non allied region, flips it settings up a battle in 48hrs.

The battle starts, the timer counts down! For every non used pb slot, the game uses AI (best ship for battle /best bonuses)  the Ai fight, if they win they gain the port, if these loose at least other players get a fight!

Edit ** no port battle should ever have less than 15 ships in it, if so just use AI 

Edited by monk33y

7 hours ago, SirSamuelHood said:

I believe that the ROE concerning screening port battles needs to be severely reworked. As many other have said, if instead of 1/5 your target's BR needed to tag, that went up to 4/5 or 3/4 near port battles, main battle fleets would no longer be able to be easily pulled into battles by groups of frigates.

I do not mind being pulled into a screening battle if it's with ships of the line and I'm still going to get a good fight. I could care less about the port, I want to get some smashing done. What needs to go is 25 first rates being pulled in by a bunch of frigates who then do naught but kite and shoot sails.

What happened today at Castries to the French, and yesterday to us at Orinoco, should not be able to happen as easily as it does at present. 

It does seem wrong to me that a few smaller ships can tag a larger group of larger ships (irrespective of whether either group is a screener or a PB fleet) with such ease as generally happens now. So I support Sam's suggestion.

WS

Edited by NavalActionPlayer

I dont care which side has more players.

RvR should be possible for small nations too, even if they have no allies. It shouldnt be about numbers, it should be about individual skill, teamplay and tactic.

Reworking screening would be a good first step. Right now its just cancer, it stops fights from happening and rewards cowardly gameplay.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, rediii said:

I think suprise tried to tag so our 1st rate fleet can leave battle and get into the PB but there was a british suprise right next to us. Also the correct screenshot is in my post here.

Because AI is so effective :D 

Unbenannt.PNG

ohh yhea we had some 5th rates and 4th rates inside the battle sorry. i did not know the french cant fight in first rates against a lower rate fleet (with AI)

29 minutes ago, rediii said:

we only lost the fireship, so obviously we can fight a lower rate fleet.

But your point was that you are not that many and this is why you showed a screen with only 10 or so guys. I just wanted to prove that you are wrong there and wanted to fix your post aimed to spread alternative facts. ;) 

I know you lost a fireship it left me with 96 crew on my buc haha. But i think the battle was in your favor.

Edited by NielsVisser
to make my post better

9 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

Maybe this is just anecdotal evidence, but it appears to me that there is a very severe imbalance that has developed between the 2 warring alliances.  I speak of the American/British/Dutch alliance (and possibly Pirates, I have seen British screening for pirates at port battles) vs the Danish/Swedish/French/Spanish alliance.  I will refer to them as the ABD alliance vs DSFS alliance respectively.   

At the port battle at Castres the screening fleets of the DSFS Alliance faced an overwhelming amount of ABD's and grossly outnumbered the DSFS's.  From my calculations at this port battle it appears that the ABD alliance was able to field 75 ships that I can count.  There were 2 screening battles and the port battle which was completely full of ABD's and both of these battles had ~1/2 or less the amount of players from the DSFS alliance, and I believe that most of the French 1st rate port battle fleet got pulled into another battle with god knows how many ABD's in that one.  

Also, I have noticed that Sweden had a few players (appears to be a whole clan) switch to the British Nation along with a few others (not in this specific clan switch to the ABD's).  This is on top of LV and however many pirates he has pulled into the British nation along with the large influx of American players, and now the "quitting" Danish (which I have only heard rumors of).  I guess everyone wants to be on the wining side and no one wants to be the loser right?

Like I said, this is only anecdotal evidence, but if what is happening what I think is happening, there will be a collapse of the DSFS simply by the overwhelming numbers on the ABDs side.  

Now I am not blaming anyone or here to sling mud, I am simply telling you my observation, and I do not think such a player inbalance is good for the long term health of this game.

Discuss.

You do realize my clan switched  cause pirates is dead? and theyare dead thx to coalition system  you wanted (the nations)  and becouse 4-5 nations pushed on pirates for months? didnt see you cry for pirates when dutch-france-usa-brit-sweden-denmark where attacking it with 5 fleets when we where able to pull max 1 , 1 and half  Where was the concern for pirate pop , numbers and equal fights back then? You forced us to switch for keep playng, (in fact pirates since new system come not got a single first rate pb....  and my clan was mainly a firstrate pb clan i bet you can make 1+1)

and when we switch to brit when Danes where steamrolling the server?  Brits not where the top dog whatsoever. 

And danes betrayed pirates for join the strongest side when was your convenience. So how was that fine for you but not fine for us? :)

So now enjoy a taste of your own medicine and stop QQ 

Where was your indignation when 100+ players from 5 nation where stopping 1 clan of pirates?  you seams always to forgot your past actions, but we did not :)

Not funny anymore when you on the other side eh ? 

6g7hr1x.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Vicious said:

You do realize my clan switched  cause pirates is dead? and theyare dead thx to coalition system  you wanted (the nations)  and becouse 4-5 nations pushed on pirates for months? didnt see you cry for pirates when dutch-france-usa-brit-sweden-denmark where attacking it with 5 fleets when we where able to pull max 1 , 1 and half  Where was the concern for pirate pop , numbers and equal fights back then? You forced us to switch for keep playng, (in fact pirates since new system come not got a single first rate pb....  and my clan was mainly a firstrate pb clan i bet you can make 1+1)

and when we switch to brit when Danes where steamrolling the server?  Brits not where the top dog whatsoever. 

And danes betrayed pirates for join the strongest side when was your convenience. So how was that fine for you but not fine for us? :)

So now enjoy a taste of your own medicine and stop QQ 

Where was your indignation when 100+ players from 5 nation where stopping 1 clan of pirates?  you seams always to forgot your past actions, but we did not :)

Not funny anymore when you on the other side eh ? 

6g7hr1x.jpg

I was around and very vocal about how pathetic it was. I refused to sail in those operations at the time so can hold my head up high about the whole episode.

The whining of alliance sizes is getting old.  No, your side isn't smaller, it just participates less.  Know who I didn't see outside Castries yesterday?  The Spanish.  The Danes.  Barely any Swedes.  Know who I did see outside?  Multiple US players of various clans.  20+ Dutch players.  MULTIPLE Brit clans.  

You don't have a population issue, you have a problem with your organization and a lack of commitment from your allies.  This notion of ALWAYS sending in your elite RUS/RDNN fleet is absurd.  You have to rotate the fleets to appease the rest of your player base.    

I and my clan personally sail to almost every battle within our time zone, our EU guys do the same.  We have multiple ports throughout the SE and E parts of the map.  I spent multiple hours last week on a number of trips, it sucks but I do it.  The Dutch do it.  The Brits do it.  When we can't make the sail, we let our allies know.

Our alliance diplos/leaders speak multiple times a week, usually daily.  Sometimes too much.....  All of us are on a combined alliance Discord server, even LV is on there chatting away.  A lot of us grind missions together and simply hang out in each other's TS servers to shoot the shit.  Our alliance channels are very chatty.  

You have communication or organization issues somewhere.  Maybe both.  Why is it our responsibility to balance things because you guys can't get your shit together.  Why should one of us jump sides and join that mess.  No thanks.

This is not a number of players issue.   

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 10

Like I said before: hardcore vs casual. There should be a place in this game for both gamestyles and not just in small battles instances.

Lets just say the BDA alliance has more hardcore members relaitive to the DSFS alliance?

Edited by Kloothommel

6 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Like I said before: hardcore vs casual. There should be a place in this game for both gamestyles and not just in small battles instances.

Lets just say the BDA alliance has more hardcore members relaitive to the DSFS alliance?

I still don't buy that.  I've seen plenty of hardcore players on each side. We're absolutely more organized.  

24 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The whining of alliance sizes is getting old.  No, your side isn't smaller, it just participates less.  Know who I didn't see outside Castries yesterday?  The Spanish.  The Danes.  Barely any Swedes.  Know who I did see outside?  Multiple US players of various clans.  20+ Dutch players.  MULTIPLE Brit clans.  

You don't have a population issue, you have a problem with your organization and a lack of commitment from your allies.  This notion of ALWAYS sending in your elite RUS/RDNN fleet is absurd.  You have to rotate the fleets to appease the rest of your player base.    

I and my clan personally sail to almost every battle within our time zone, our EU guys do the same.  We have multiple ports throughout the SE and E parts of the map.  I spent multiple hours last week on a number of trips, it sucks but I do it.  The Dutch do it.  The Brits do it.  When we can't make the sail, we let our allies know.

Our alliance diplos/leaders speak multiple times a week, usually daily.  Sometimes too much.....  All of us are on a combined alliance Discord server, even LV is on there chatting away.  A lot of us grind missions together and simply hang out in each other's TS servers to shoot the shit.  Our alliance channels are very chatty.  

You have communication or organization issues somewhere.  Maybe both.  Why is it our responsibility to balance things because you guys can't get your shit together.  Why should one of us jump sides and join that mess.  No thanks.

This is not a number of players issue.   

Oh, yes, this is the statement of the BR/US/DU alliance that let the ducht be 2-ported not so long ago.

• Like 1