Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

Why the hell would locking port battles to weekends fix anything!! 

If/when we get a cash shop, weekend only pbs will lock out those who have families or work shifts.  (those more like pay extra) 

I'd be more in favour of being able through port buildings to use AI in battles to bump up numbers etc than this weekend only crap 

1 minute ago, TommyShelby said:

There is GB/US fleets killing French Newbies outside Fort Royal (Or whatever it is called). 

Stop pointing fingers mate, it does you no good and it does not contribute to a healthy discussion... (Same goes to everyone else btw...) 

I think we re passed reasonable discourse. Sensible discussion can only be had with sensible individuals and this forum is lacking. 

Just now, monk33y said:

Why the hell would locking port battles to weekends fix anything!! 

If/when we get a cash shop, weekend only pbs will lock out those who have families or work shifts.  (those more like pay extra) 

I'd be more in favour of being able through port buildings to use AI in battles to bump up numbers etc than this weekend only crap 

because people can stay up on weekends, maybe not all but 25 more than likely

On another note, RvR participation (at least in the western alliance) has skyrocketed since the new hostility/Port Battle generation system has gone live. 

Just no-one can be arsed putting in the necessary PvE time to do it in most cases.

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

I know i write quite some comments. But please read some in my profile and you will see that i never wrote that US players should be prohibited to play on the EU server.

The only thing i write is "EU and US players should be able to play during their primetime and not be restricted on certrain days or times. Noone should be forced to get off from work early or get up in the middle of the night.

No one is forcing you to have to come on during your none prime time.  Just wait until the cool down is over and flip the port back.   This is a game of RvR and there should be wars and turn over of ports.  If you can't defend a certain time zone cause none of your alliance have people to fill those time zones than recruit players.   

11 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

I know it sounds like i'm trying to force it upon you but that is not my intention.
I just don't see any other way for the Community to fix the problem besides trying to make the 2 nations with big US Based Playerbases fight each other. 

This.

3 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

I think we re passed reasonable discourse. Sensible discussion can only be had with sensible individuals and this forum is lacking. 

Just because others are being unreasonable you have to as well? 

If you want Sensible/Reasonable discussions then you must contribute to it yourself. Otherwise nothing will change. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yet some one done it.  Since I have mention this before.  RECRUIT SOME US PLAYERS and you won't have such a big problem.   We have been getting help during the SEA/AUS times from French players.  This morning one came onto our TS and asked if we can help during some of these "NIGHT FLIPS" since they are during our prime times and lets face it PVP2 is lucky to get a port battle once a week if even that cause no one fights any one.  Well a few of us that was on re-rolled and are going to help French and there Alliance. 

Yes I will now be known as "Monsieur Texas Monsieur"  (prob should of left the second Sir off).  Would of been more funny if I used my alt and keep Sir Texas Sir Brit, but I figure I can give up a dang Brit char that I don't use and keep my Pirate one.   So guys.  You want help with folks during that time than you might want to start recruiting to get help in your nations and stop being rude or what ever you do so that your not getting players in those times.  That or just suck up your pride and ask.

Props to you.

I wish the Danes/Eastern alliance luck with trying to recruit US/North American players from PvP 2 given the volume of insults that they have been tossing at US players in the forums.

Just now, TommyShelby said:

Just because others are being unreasonable you have to as well? 

If you want Sensible/Reasonable discussions then you must contribute to it yourself. Otherwise nothing will change. 

Because everyone is too proud, stubborn and ignorant to be dissuaded from their opinion and therefore will not see reason. so whats the point? Im at least conceding that locking PB's to weekends would help but nope "im wrong"

11 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

because people can stay up on weekends, maybe not all but 25 more than likely

So you'd let again only allow players to play Durring your key/core time!! So what not call game. Only for Danish /Russian players, everyone else can fuck off!!

I still can't get my head around when u guys attacked outside of core times it was okay but now battles are going against you it's game breaking!

When you were winning you had around 40 ships screening 3am battles. All of a sudden you start to loose, those players stop showing up and now it's unfair and needs fixing.

Act like pricks (and by-days you Danes have) and be treated like pricks (3am defences)

2 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

Because everyone is too proud, stubborn and ignorant to be dissuaded from their opinion and therefore will not see reason. so whats the point? Im at least conceding that locking PB's to weekends would help but nope "im wrong"

You have to believe my man. 

If someone disagrees with you and thinks your idea is bad. Then that is totally fair. 
If someone responds with a personal insult, shrug it off. Don't start doing the same because then all of a sudden, you are no better than the person who started it. 

All you can do is to propose a solution, explain why you think it is a solution. And if someone has a counter argument, then you need to come up with a counter argument. 
But do it like a gentleman! :)

The NA Forums were once a place with 1% salt and 99% healthy discussions. Today it seems like its 75% salt and 25% healthy discussions.
Together we can bring the Healthy discussions back, together! :D

• Like 3

Just now, TommyShelby said:

You have to believe my man. 

If someone disagrees with you and thinks your idea is bad. Then that is totally fair. 
If someone responds with a personal insult, shrug it off. Don't start doing the same because then all of a sudden, you are no better than the person who started it. 

All you can do is to propose a solution, explain why you think it is a solution. And if someone has a counter argument, then you need to come up with a counter argument. 
But do it like a gentleman! :)

The NA Forums were once a place with 1% salt and 99% healthy discussions. Today it seems like its 75% salt and 25% healthy discussions.
Together we can bring the Healthy discussions back, together! :D

75% salt is a really optimistic assesment :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, monk33y said:

So you'd let again only allow players to play Durring your key/core time!! So what not call game. Only for Danish /Russian players, everyone else can fuck off!!

I still can't get my head around when u guys attacked outside of core times it was okay but now battles are going against you it's game breaking!

When you were winning you had around 40 ships screening 3am battles. All of a sudden you start to loose, those players stop showing up and now it's unfair and needs fixing.

Act like pricks (and by-days you Danes have) and be treated like pricks (3am defences)

SaintJackTar is a US player Monk33y :)

His suggestion is as valid as any other suggestion. 

My solution is that we send Tommy in, alone, to tell the best joke that he is able to find. If 13 or more of the US PB fleet finds it funny, he wins, if not, the port is freely given. Win-win.

#NoPressure

27 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Props to you.

I wish the Danes/Eastern alliance luck with trying to recruit US/North American players from PvP 2 given the volume of insults that they have been tossing at US players in the forums.

Could be why we aren't Danes but French instead...lol

I started on PvP1 and played up till they split to make the Mirror and than moved to PvP2.  Figure popping in for a PB here and there I can live with the Ping or even more test it in bigger battles to see just how bad it is and effects my game play.

• Like 1

Maybe to help the off balancedness the game should start all new players as neutral. Maybe they have to earn national status. Maybe the larger the nation the more you have to do to become a citizen? There used to be a neutral faction before Steam release so that part is in the code already. They will have to get rid of chose your nation and add code to becoming a national/pirate.  Just an idea. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Maybe to help the off balancedness the game should start all new players as neutral. Maybe they have to earn national status. Maybe the larger the nation the more you have to do to become a citizen? There used to be a neutral faction before Steam release so that part is in the code already. They will have to get rid of chose your nation and add code to becoming a national/pirate.  Just an idea. 

Privateers......make Pirates a Privateer Nation and if you want to go for Pirate you never take contracts and go full hard core mode.  If you want to become a nation  member you can either do so as staying a Privateer for that nation, but can leave any time to go work for another.   If you want to become full perm that nation than there should be an option.  While a privateer you can only use that nations ports none of there allaince members since you are only in contract with that nation.  If you want the bens of Alliance you have to switch to full time that nations.  Once you pick full time you can never go back short of deleting you char and starting over of course.   

While a Privateer you get all free ports to work out of and the Capital region which should be Kidds not Mort.  Mort should be turned into a Neutral region.  Make it how Pitt's was back when it was a Neautral port no one can own and it protects every one (not just nationals).  Pirate Refit can only be used at Kidds so only Privateers and Outlaws can make ships of that refit.   

This way the privateers can help fill port battles of the smaller nations and off timers.  

• Like 2