Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

1 minute ago, Surathani said:

Bugged, then rather than sailing out, Lenin stayed to exploit. I am sure DAS has some solid records on this. That bug turned into an exploit.

And? Early Access game are not your cup of tea I see :) Bug everywhere! nothing matters.

Edited by Kloothommel

4 minutes ago, Surathani said:

Bugged, then rather than sailing out, Lenin stayed to exploit. I am sure DAS has some solid records on this. That bug turned into an exploit.

I was there we asked him to leave, over and over in the chat of the pb he didnt, we left 7 minutes after and the vic was sailing full force with the rest of the fleet towards us :) he got all the time to leave if he wanted to..

beside the hilarity of the story of how

a vic "strangely" is in front of a 4th rate pb (ok can happens but it not was screening he was there waiting for join on the crosswords)

he "by mistake" of course, join the pb

and again "by mistake" of course  refuse to leave the pb "  the legend say:  that an invisible putin force stopped him from leaving 

Jeez this danes really cant avoid to make mistakes OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER   some lazy people there

Edited by Lord Vicious

24 minutes ago, Surathani said:

Lenin did. Hopefully get some DAS clan here to counter this BS. They claim he was fighting. The tribunal case was treated like a bug report.

I was in the battle.  He put sails down and charged the enemy along with the rest of the Danes.  I believe 1 or 2 ships did not make it out, he fully intended to fight the battle.  There are bugs and then exploits.  When you find a bug and take advantage of it....it becomes an exploit.  he took advantage of it and then the Danes laughed in our faces as we retreated.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I was in the battle.  He put sails down and charged the enemy along with the rest of the Danes.  I believe 1 or 2 ships did not make it out, he fully intended to fight the battle.  There are bugs and then exploits.  When you find a bug and take advantage of it....it becomes an exploit.  he took advantage of it and then the Danes laughed in our faces as we retreated.  

Tribunal Closed.

9 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I just had a great meal, my belly is full. I will not be provoked further by a failed pirate and a dutch opponent who takes this game way too seriously.

Early access, man!

Coming from the manchild who cried to the U.S he was losing sleep over these issues.

1 hour ago, Chijohnaok said:

Yup, but the "suggestion" by the Danes/Eastern Alliance to the US PvP 1 nation has been to do our prime time PBs only on the weekends. We often get lower #'s for PB on weekends than we do on weekday prime time for the reasons that you mentioned.

Well... Now you can get a PB timer instead..

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Maybe we should separate the EU server into western Europe and eastern Europe so as not to impose unpleasant times on other players. :P

lol who then would you fight? - I'd be more than happy with the scenario - I've fought swedes (who were better than the americans btw).. I've fought frenchies (who were better than the americans btw).. I've fought spanish and pirates (who were all better than the americans btw) and I've allways had a deep respect for the opponents who tried to better their steel in the forge of my cannons.. The US and brit alliance? - They can only win in empty port battles and instead of trying to improve against skill-full opponents.. How did the DK/NG nation become the most disciplined, the most organised and the most feared on the server? - By challenging themselves against the numerically stronger brits and competing with the french, the spanish, the swedes - players who knew how to fight, how to stay alive and how to win in PvP.. Not by forcing empty PBs..

21 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Tribunal Closed.

You do realize what devs say is that was a mistaken? so he used an exploit, if was an intended feature was announced... or in the patch notes..

You discovered it and use it in a timely fashion for abuse and get a free pb, funny how you cry and menace to get us only empty pb, when  your firstrate exploit exactly obtained an empty pb   , didnt recall you complaining or cryng for days with dozens of reply for that free meangingless exploited pb victory you got

double standard again?

Edited by Lord Vicious

4 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

and when all our timers are at 2am server time will that be better?  Danes spearheaded the charger for the removal of timers, bringing them back will not fix your issues

Actually it will - it will mean the attacker can decide the date for the attack (i.e. the weekends) and the defender the time of the day.. Try to take one of our ports in our primetime.. Just take a chance and experience all the fun this game has to offer..

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yet some one done it.  Since I have mention this before.  RECRUIT SOME US PLAYERS and you won't have such a big problem.   We have been getting help during the SEA/AUS times from French players.  This morning one came onto our TS and asked if we can help during some of these "NIGHT FLIPS" since they are during our prime times and lets face it PVP2 is lucky to get a port battle once a week if even that cause no one fights any one.  Well a few of us that was on re-rolled and are going to help French and there Alliance. 

Yes I will now be known as "Monsieur Texas Monsieur"  (prob should of left the second Sir off).  Would of been more funny if I used my alt and keep Sir Texas Sir Brit, but I figure I can give up a dang Brit char that I don't use and keep my Pirate one.   So guys.  You want help with folks during that time than you might want to start recruiting to get help in your nations and stop being rude or what ever you do so that your not getting players in those times.  That or just suck up your pride and ask.

In a fictional world with fictional factions that might have been possible.. In a world tied to real nations, real geography, real history - it's just another moronic statement.

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

Actually it will - it will mean the attacker can decide the date for the attack (i.e. the weekends) and the defender the time of the day.. Try to take one of our ports in our primetime.. Just take a chance and experience all the fun this game has to offer..

3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

lol who then would you fight? - I'd be more than happy with the scenario - I've fought swedes (who were better than the americans btw).. I've fought frenchies (who were better than the americans btw).. I've fought spanish and pirates (who were all better than the americans btw) and I've allways had a deep respect for the opponents who tried to better their steel in the forge of my cannons.. The US and brit alliance? - They can only win in empty port battles and instead of trying to improve against skill-full opponents.. How did the DK/NG nation become the most disciplined, the most organised and the most feared on the server? - By challenging themselves against the numerically stronger brits and competing with the french, the spanish, the swedes - players who knew how to fight, how to stay alive and how to win in PvP.. Not by forcing empty PBs..

This is why alliance changes wont happen because all you want to do is insult us, and who are you kidding 5 Bermuda defenses and all the Bridgetown ones when you picked the attack times, those ports are still red.

3 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

My bold emphasis above.

So what would you have the US players do?

Should the eastern half of US/North American based players who can do port battles in their prime time simply stop doing PBs (because those in the western time zones are already unable to due to game mechanic)?

They could be less girls and do them in the weekends or on a friday night where we actually can stay up and fight them - And give us all a lot of fun.. Now.. I simply won't be bothered..

2 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

This is why alliance changes wont happen because all you want to do is insult us, and who are you kidding 5 Bermuda defenses and all the Bridgetown ones when you picked the attack times, those ports are still red.

Zergscreen teleport from port ad infinitum?

Just now, Bearwall said:

They could be less girls and do them in the weekends or on a friday night where we actually can stay up and fight them - And give us all a lot of fun.. Now.. I simply won't be bothered..

what do you know this whole round of port battles is on Saturday, intentionally i might add for you to be able to be there, im sure ill see you in one of them :P