Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

I wasn't mad about the US attack on Puerto Plata and talked with the rest of the danes and french that we will attend because it is on the weekend but brits and dutch show a disgusting side here. 

I'm glad that i have no time on saturday for the meeting. Brits and dutch are obviously not interested in any solution for this problem and rather see the eastern alliance die.

edit: you guys make the decision easier for the dev's to reintroduce timers

But on the other side you show that you are able to field so many players in the US time so there is no reason anymore to say you don't have enough players to fight against the US in their primetime

Its evening on a Saturday, hardly horrible, and to be fair it was supposed to be a 21:00 port battle but we were unable to get as many as we needed to flip on time after Cartigena

My dislike for the Daines/French/Spanish/sweeds is growing with every grain of salt!

WHY WERE YOU NOT COMPLAINING WHEN YOU GUYS ATTACKED AT 3AM. USED BUGS/EXPLOITS!!!!! 

Why do the Danes get upset when the rest of the server start playing the game in a mirror of the Danish way!!!

You as a nation tried to bully the Americans into only playing only by Danish rules!!! Now the Americans are forcing you to play by there rules!!! Ironic right guys.

Stop pretending you (Daines) are being hard done by!!

The Danish are reaping your rewards!!!

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

Well that really begs the question what kinda players do we want in here, casual or full timers? The Devs wont care either way $$ is $$. I mean the shear amount of PB's and the short amount of time between "drinks" forces people to commit time and resources to this game on an exponential level. From a Dev stand point, to shun the US nation because they re in a "EU" server  and force them onto their own server to play all 7 nations is not commercially smart (US being worlds biggest game market). The entire US population of the game would have a mass exodus (or they'd just get VPN's)

We don't want anything, alas we cannot be even that arrogant that we pose ourselves that question.

We play when we play, with enthusiasm. Caring about playing when not playing is defined as addiction.

• Like 1

All the toxic anti Danish posts on here show that most of us have little or no sympathy of a nation who abused anything it could to win, but demands only fair fights at key Danish tones in response! 

The Danish are going through there decline,  the third age of pvp1 has started 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, monk33y said:

My dislike for the Daines/French/Spanish/sweeds is growing with every grain of salt!

WHY WERE YOU NOT COMPLAINING WHEN YOU GUYS ATTACKED AT 3AM. USED BUGS/EXPLOITS!!!!! 

Why do the Danes get upset when the rest of the server start playing the game in a mirror of the Danish way!!!

You as a nation tried to bully the Americans into only playing only by Danish rules!!! Now the Americans are forcing you to play by there rules!!! Ironic right guys.

Stop pretending you (Daines) are being hard done by!!

The Danish are reaping your rewards!!!

Learn the fact this is BETA and BUGHUNTING needs to be done. BUGS were FIXED. NOTHING HERE MATTERS. THE GAME IS NOT IN RELEASE!

4 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

47% at Santo Domingo interesting thought the Danes weren't playing?? Oh and in off peak too what is this ?

Pubbies/clans that do their own thing. :) 

Yes, not every nation is a dictatorship like the Brits. Right, redman?

2 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Learn the fact this is BETA and BUGHUNTING needs to be done. BUGS were FIXED. NOTHING HERE MATTERS. THE GAME IS NOT IN RELEASE!

Pubbies/clans that do their own thing. :) 

That's not Redman, its a US player, also Redman29 is on his work season and not running things any more 

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H

1 minute ago, Kloothommel said:

Pubbies/clans that do their own thing:) 

interesting saw a RDNN guy heading that way, they considered Pubbies now?

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

We don't want anything, alas we cannot be even that arrogant that we pose ourselves that question.

We play when we play, with enthusiasm. Caring about playing when not playing is defined as addiction.

Witha  persistent world where having ports or not having ports impacts your game experience (trims, resources) thing become completely different.Without those two tied to ports/regoins i wouldn't have cared one bit about nightflips.

1 minute ago, monk33y said:

If the Danish were testing then the Americans I just testing!!!!  You can't have it both ways Danes...

You can't abuse bugs and claim your testing. When you loose to the Americans claim it's abuse of bugs!!!!

Nope. it's because of real life reasons. (Work/school/university/family/where you live). So that is not a part of bughunting.

Yet some one done it.  Since I have mention this before.  RECRUIT SOME US PLAYERS and you won't have such a big problem.   We have been getting help during the SEA/AUS times from French players.  This morning one came onto our TS and asked if we can help during some of these "NIGHT FLIPS" since they are during our prime times and lets face it PVP2 is lucky to get a port battle once a week if even that cause no one fights any one.  Well a few of us that was on re-rolled and are going to help French and there Alliance. 

Yes I will now be known as "Monsieur Texas Monsieur"  (prob should of left the second Sir off).  Would of been more funny if I used my alt and keep Sir Texas Sir Brit, but I figure I can give up a dang Brit char that I don't use and keep my Pirate one.   So guys.  You want help with folks during that time than you might want to start recruiting to get help in your nations and stop being rude or what ever you do so that your not getting players in those times.  That or just suck up your pride and ask.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Nope. it's because of real life reasons. (Work/school/university/family/where you live). So that is not a part of bughunting.

So what your saying is that when you attacked at 3am (USA central time) it was indeed abuse of bugs... 

So again how can you complain about nations using your tactics against you. I don't recall seeing you calling for fixes/timers when you abused this!!

4 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Witha  persistent world where having ports or not having ports impacts your game experience (trims, resources) thing become completely different.Without those two tied to ports/regoins i wouldn't have cared one bit about nightflips.

people wanted ports to mean something, now they do, kind of, would you rather we go back to the ports not mattering and no one showing up?  Why even keep the open world we can just have a lobby where matchmaker puts us in fights, then it can always be fair.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Let some one done it.  Since I have mention this before.  RECRUIT SOME US PLAYERS and you won't have such a big problem.   We have been getting help during the SEA/AUS times from French players.  This morning one came onto our TS and asked if we can help during some of these "NIGHT FLIPS" since they are during our prime times and lets face it PVP2 is lucky to get a port battle once a week if even that cause no one fights any one.  Well a few of us that was on re-rolled and are going to help French and there Alliance. 

Yes I will now be known as "Monsieur Texas Monsieur"  (prob should of left the second Sir off).  Would of been more funny if I used my alt and keep Sir Texas Sir Brit, but I figure I can give up a dang Brit char that I don't use and keep my Pirate one.   So guys.  You want help with folks during that time than you might want to start recruiting to get help in your nations and stop being rude or what ever you do so that your not getting players in those times.  That or just suck up your pride and ask.

on PVP2 i'm in SINK. Look for MrHulot :)

(I won't be active much though)

3 minutes ago, monk33y said:

So what your saying is that when you attacked at 3am (USA central time) it was indeed abuse of bugs... 

So again how can you complain about nations using your tactics against you. I don't recall seeing you calling for fixes/timers when you abused this!!

And that is exactly why we need split servers.

Dayum, so much toxicity in this topic. 

As someone who doesn't give 2 shits about ports and is currently taking a break from NA i have the following opinion. 

Currently there is only 1 way the community can "solve" the so called "Nightflips". 
- US and GB declares war and makes a change in the alliances. These are the only 2 nations that have enough US based players to field 25 man fleets during US Prime Time. 

If the above does not happen, well, you will continue to see complaints about "Nightflips" and in the end, the Devs will reintroduce port timers locking the US players completely out of the RvR game. (Mind you, i will not be one of the people complaining about "Nightflips"). 

So ya know, you can either solve the problem or you can let the Devs solve the problem. 

Ya'll are more than welcome to throw salt at me, insult me, and so on and so forth if that makes you feel better. 
Cheers! :)

• Like 3

Just now, TommyShelby said:

Dayum, so much toxicity in this topic. 

As someone who doesn't give 2 shits about ports and is currently taking a break from NA i have the following opinion. 

Currently there is only 1 way the community can "solve" the so called "Nightflips". 
- US and GB declares war and makes a change in the alliances. These are the only 2 nations that have enough US based players to field 25 man fleets during US Prime Time. 

If the above does not happen, well, you will continue to see complaints about "Nightflips" and in the end, the Devs will reintroduce port timers locking the US players completely out of the RvR game. (Mind you, i will not be one of the people complaining about "Nightflips"). 

So ya know, you can either solve the problem or you can let the Devs solve the problem. 

Ya'll are more than welcome to throw salt at me, insult me, and so on and so forth if that makes you feel better. 
Cheers! :)

not going to happen, and not within our power anyway.  Alliance voting has only made it so we are locked in more.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Let me say it again.

There is no way to recruit US players for the EU nations on PvP1. Why should they change nation and leave their clan anyway?

How should we even recruit any US players? Give me some hints please because speaking english everywhere doesnt help as we do it all the time in sweden.

Dont spend all your time on the forums saying Americans have no right to play the game here, that might help

• Like 2