Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

1 minute ago, Kloothommel said:

We TEST things in a BETA/ALPHA version of an EARLY ACCESS GAME that are now FIXED. THANK YOU.

You do realise this isn't the "real" game yet, do you? 

if you take that route ... The US are testing that the game works at all times of the day ....it is early access you do realise that this isnt the "real game" yet dont you

• Like 1

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

if you take that route ... The US are testing that the game works at all times of the day ....it is early access you do realise that this isnt the "real game" yet dont you

And the result is: It doesn't work right now. So we stop testing untill it is fixed :)

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

And we learnt from it, which is why we never did it again ever since and don't approve of others resorting to such measures.

The difference is that it was hugely taxing on our own PB players (as well as really annoying for you guys) because we operated under the exact same conditions as you guys did. Having 25 guys on stand-by throughout the entire day was ridiculous, which is why it ultimately became too much, the ports were swept up, a fair number of our own people got burnt out and quit and in campaigns afterwards no one wanted such high-strain gameplay ever again because of how detrimental it was.

Now if we had been able to pull off the very same thing with the absolute comfort of doing so at our primetime and minimal effort, then there'd be nothing stopping us and the Dutch might've been left in tatters if we had been willing to take it that far. Thank god that wasn't the case, eh?

Dutch nation 2 ports, surrounded by 2am timers with half the nation leaving or switching.

Prey tell, what is your definition of " in tatters".

• Like 2

Just now, Kloothommel said:

And the result is: It doesn't work right now. So we stop testing untill it is fixed :)

hmm i dont think you stopped testing until it was fixed ... you continually logged out under swords and dropped supply bombs until it was fixed ... think the US have tested a few hours during their prime time but have not tested all of them ...

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

hmm i dont think you stopped testing until it was fixed ... you continually logged out under swords and dropped supply bombs until it was fixed ... think the US have tested a few hours during their prime time but have not tested all of them ...

And aren't we so helpful that we let them test freely?

Just now, Tac said:

Dutch nation 2 ports, surrounded by 2am timers with half the nation leaving or switching.

Prey tell, what is your definition of " in tatters".

Oh gee, sorry Tac, I thought you meant the old-school Dutch-Swedish war where we set timers throughout the day, no wonder why the 2-4am timers was confusing me since the times we stayed awake in that war was usually when someone forgot to set a timer :P .

The Swedes refused to be involved in the latest war past Macanao so I have no idea what went on there, but it looked like some bad stuff and thus I don't hold a grudge over the Dutchies wanting payback. Hell, the first time the Swedes got 1-ported by the Danes they set most of those ports to 6-7am :P

8 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

That's the upside to all this, the more traction the problems of running a global server gets, the greater the chances are that something will be done about it.

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

Sweden using 2am timers to gain an advantage is testing? 

3 posts used on you sir is 3 to many,would you like me to close the door for you on your way out? 

Actually now I'm confused again, what conflict was this?

2 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Oh gee, sorry Tac, I thought you meant the old-school Dutch-Swedish war where we set timers throughout the day, no wonder why the 2-4am timers was confusing me since the times we stayed awake in that war was usually when someone forgot to set a timer :P .

The Swedes refused to be involved in the latest war past Macanao so I have no idea what went on there, but it looked like some bad stuff and thus I don't hold a grudge over the Dutchies wanting payback. Hell, the first time the Swedes got 1-ported by the Danes they set most of those ports to 6-7am :P

No problem mate, this is merely my point, as you posted above. 

36 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

Wait a minute, he has a point...is there any earlier access than 4am.... ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

ahh so your not complaining about night flips ..because it interferes with your sleep ....just interferes with your forum trolling

in that case i agree no port battles after 1am ...

I stop fighting them because they are useless now. If we resist hard we'd just get nightflipped. No sense in investing time.

The post above was just a silly joke. Sorry of you don't get that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I stop fighting them because they are useless now. If we resist hard we'd just get nightflipped. No sense in investing time.

If only I could use your forum salt on my popcorn as I read this dribble

Youve stop playing because you cant handle the taste of your own medicine

Edited by saintjacktar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

think the whole thread is a silly joke .... you play a global game and try to impose times that should played to suit your hours ... whats next  we are not playing because its kloothommels bath time ..or kloothommel walks his dog at this time ...there has not been one port battle ever in the history of naval action that hasn't been inconvenient to someone ... be it sleep . work or family time ... grow up and understand that the game doesn't revolve around you ,,, if you want US and Danes to fight battles at eu server time why don't you join the US .simple as that really

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

think the whole thread is a silly joke .... you play a global game and try to impose times that should played to suit your hours ... whats next  we are not playing because its kloothommels bath time ..or kloothommel walks his dog at this time ...there has not been one port battle ever in the history of naval action that hasn't been inconvenient to someone ... be it sleep . work or family time ... grow up and understand that the game doesn't revolve around you ,,, if you want US and Danes to fight battles at eu server time why don't you join the US .simple as that really

Be carefull what you wish for...

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i wish you would put as much effort into the game as you spend crying about it ...would be more fun for everyone

Wow.. grundge... You do know that that's the point.. We stop playing to deny you guys any fun at all.. And in a few weeks - You'll be crying to get us back.. And I might just come back and be your boogey-man... IF you cry hard enough..

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

Wow.. grundge... You do know that that's the point.. We stop playing to deny you guys any fun at all.. And in a few weeks - You'll be crying to get us back.. And I might just come back and be your boogey-man... IF you cry hard enough..

Dont let your arse hit the door on the way out! XD

• Like 1