Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

Just now, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

not going to happen, and not within our power anyway.  Alliance voting has only made it so we are locked in more.

If you want it to happen, it can happen. You would ofcourse need to talk to the US and GB council so as to convince all the major clans that this is the way to go. 

However if you don't want it to happen. Well, i could care less. The Reintroduction of Port Timers will not affect me one bit as i barely partake in RvR when i'm online. :)

So help me understand this will you!

When the Daines launch port battles in the middle of the night against the Americans (night in America)  it's allowed as your testing!

When the Americans launch attacks in the middle of the night for you Danish it's bug exploiting!! 

Just now, TommyShelby said:

If you want it to happen, it can happen. You would ofcourse need to talk to the US and GB council so as to convince all the major clans that this is the way to go. 

However if you don't want it to happen. Well, i could care less. The Reintroduction of Port Timers will not affect me one bit as i barely partake in RvR when i'm online. :)

why, as a north american player i don't feel the need to be allied with a faction the wont acknowledge that i have a right to play a 24 hour sandbox when i like.  And i mostly play in EU times anyway, but this attitude is starting to grate on me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Well I agree... I'll stop playing PBs after the weekend - I've got some old promises to honour first. But the real trouble here is that the NA game is losing players and without PB timers the game is gonna loose a lot more. I don't have an answer other than PB timers and quite frankly I don't need to come up with an answer - the US players do if they intend to keep playing PBs at night.

My bold emphasis above.

So what would you have the US players do?

Should the eastern half of US/North American based players who can do port battles in their prime time simply stop doing PBs (because those in the western time zones are already unable to due to game mechanic)?

Edited by Chijohnaok

5 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

why, as a north american player i don't feel the need to be allied with a faction the wont acknowledge that i have a right to play a 24 hour sandbox when i like.  And i mostly play in EU times anyway, but this attitude is starting to grate on me.

Well i can't speak for everyone else but i, personally, have defended the US Based Players right to be on this server a shitton of times.
I was in TDA you know, the 90% US based clan? Most of the guys i play with are US Based Players. 
So i'm sorry if you feel like i don't acknowledge your right to play. If i didn't i would not have defended my US mates so many times when people claim that "EU server for EU players" bullshit. 

I feel like you are missing my point. There is only 1 way for the community to solve the "Nightflip" issue. And that is for the US and the GB nations to start fighting each other - Why? Because they are the only nations with a big enough concentration of US Based Players to actually fight port battles during US Prime Time. 
Furthermore, if the Community cannot solve this issue, then the Devs will. And well, we all remember Port Timers don't we...? 

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Let me say it again.

There is no way to recruit US players for the EU nations on PvP1. Why should they change nation and leave their clan anyway?

How should we even recruit any US players? Give me some hints please because speaking english everywhere doesnt help as we do it all the time in sweden.

Realy than that is why I a US based player (since I live in Texas) was asked by some one to play a nation other than US and GB and I said yes since they have been helping us out.  SO now I have a French char on PvP1.  Since I play on PvP2 I wasn't using that char on PvP1.  There has been 4 of us from our clan that has come over and made french chars.   That was just from morning SEA/AUS prime time. I'll be asking the rest of our clan members if they want PvP/Port Battles if they will make French chars.  Which effectively means you can get US prime time players to join, but not with that attitude.  In the past I tried Spain was meet with a bunch of rude EU players.  Hell when I first started the reason I left PvP1 to play on PvP2 was cause of the rude US nation players that where EU players.   Maybe you need to suck up your pride and stop being rude and ask for help.

Effectively if we help PvP1 out we might get more guys to come over and help out on PvP2 to get the player base up there too.  Remember we aren't asking you to leave your preferred servers, but if your on and can come over during certain times and not be part of the BIG NATIONS than it will help on both sides.

4 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

Dont spend all your time on the forums saying Americans have no right to play the game here, that might help

Some one gets it......

4 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Well i can't speak for everyone else but i, personally, have defended the US Based Players right to be on this server a shitton of times.
I was in TDA you know, the 90% US based clan? Most of the guys i play with are US Based Players. 
So i'm sorry if you feel like i don't acknowledge your right to play. If i didn't i would not have defended my US mates so many times when people claim that "EU server for EU players" bullshit. 

I feel like you are missing my point. There is only 1 way for the community to solve the "Nightflip" issue. And that is for the US and the GB nations to start fighting each other - Why? Because they are the only nations with a big enough concentration of US Based Players to actually fight port battles during US Prime Time. 

not you tommy, i know your reasonable.  I simply don't think that your solution is possible in the current environment, i can tell you any attempt to have the french and US change in the alliance for example would be laughed out of the room by both sides 

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H

Unless I'm mistaken but I do believe that the core of the Danes is Russian!

So are we saying the Russian players have NEVER set a port battle in Russian core time zones! If a battle was set in Russian core time wouldn't that mean it's not core times for eu players and Asia and usa! 

Why didn't the Danes stop doing this when they were winning! Why did they only find issues with timezones when they started to loose.... Oh wait!! 

Just now, monk33y said:

Unless I'm mistaken but I do believe that the core of the Danes is Russian!

So are we saying the Russian players have NEVER set a port battle in Russian core time zones! If a battle was set in Russian core time wouldn't that mean it's not core times for eu players and Asia and usa! 

Why didn't the Danes stop doing this when they were winning! Why did they only find issues with timezones when they started to loose.... Oh wait!! 

40% rus, rest is europe.

4 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Furthermore, if the Community cannot solve this issue, then the Devs will. And well, we all remember Port Timers don't we...? 

I think your solution is kinda ridiculous, the smallest nation should vs the largest nation to fix the problem what about locking PB's to weekends?? better IMO

Just now, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

not you tommy, i know your reasonable.  I simply don't think that your solution is possible in the current environment 

But would you consider it?

I know it sounds like i'm trying to force it upon you but that is not my intention.
I just don't see any other way for the Community to fix the problem besides trying to make the 2 nations with big US Based Playerbases fight each other. 

And if you don't want Port Timers to come back, then we (The Community) simply MUST find a way to fix the problem. 

Just FYI, i don't want to offend anyone. I'm just tired of how toxic this community looks like sometimes and i hope we can start working together again to make a great game where we can all have fun :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Louis Garneray said:

I'm in the French Nation on PVP1 and one of the few to be based in America. I do have to advocate in my own nation about having all timelines on the same server.

There is a place and a role for all of us. It won't come from antagonizing but from cooperating.

I have read here and there that Europeans didn't mind much to have PB at night on weekends. I think that could be a start about discussing when we could have PBs.

clearly not on a Saturday night according to the french XD 

Just now, saintjacktar said:

I think your solution is kinda ridiculous, the smallest nation should vs the largest nation to fix the problem what about locking PB's to weekends?? better IMO

Not without Allies mate. 
The US would still have Allies to cover the EU TimeZone. However they would have a worthy opponent during the US Time Zone. (During US Time GB/US population is about the same).

Locking PB's to weekends will leave the game dead during week days as it stands right now.
(I don't care, if ya'll think that is a better solution i think you should make a post in the suggestion forum about it.) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TommyShelby said:

Just FYI, i don't want to offend anyone. I'm just tired of how toxic this community looks like sometimes and i hope we can start working together again to make a great game where we can all have fun :)

Hell, Who would have thought 9 months ago that the Danes and Swedes would be BFF's right now?

• Like 1

But would you consider it?

I know it sounds like i'm trying to force it upon you but that is not my intention.
I just don't see any other way for the Community to fix the problem besides trying to make the 2 nations with big US Based Playerbases fight each other. 

And if you don't want Port Timers to come back, then we (The Community) simply MUST find a way to fix the problem. 

Ill consider anything, but despite Kloothomel's dictatorship comments, being Redmans successor dose not mean i have the power he thinks i do.  There are many less open minded then me on both sides

1 minute ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

Ill consider anything. (...)   There are many less open minded then me on both sides

For sure mate. I'm not saying you can do it all by yourself. But someone has to take the first step if something like this is going to happen. 

If nothing is done and everyone just sits here on the forums flinging crap at each other, personal insults/attacks etc. then Port Timers will be reintroduced. (Which again, is fine by me as i barely do RvR.) :D

For sure mate. I'm not saying you can do it all by yourself. But someone has to take the first step if something like this is going to happen. 

If nothing is done and everyone just sits here on the forums flinging crap at each other, personal insults/attacks etc. then Port Timers will be reintroduced. (Which again, is fine by me as i barely do RvR.) :D

maybe timers will be better maybe it will be different this time >.>

• Like 2

Just now, saintjacktar said:

US are killing playerbase but there is a french fleet outside KPR camping newbies. *Phone rings* Pot: Hello? Kettle: Black ! *hangs up*

There is GB/US fleets killing French Newbies outside Fort Royal (Or whatever it is called). 

Stop pointing fingers mate, it does you no good and it does not contribute to a healthy discussion... (Same goes to everyone else btw...) 

• Like 2