Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

1 minute ago, saintjacktar said:

LV's here! grace us with your opinion on night flips oh great one!?

Is called sandbox

you cant create a safe enviroment for everybody in a way or another you gonna piss of a timezone community.  But see danes complain when they exploited anything exploitable is pure gold (funny when things not work their way eh? )

• Like 2

Come on boss! It's not the Danes fault, they have become accustom to being the perpetrator of exploits but never the victim!! Afterall the victims need protecting!! 

We can't blame them I feel that we should pitty them.... 

Edited by monk33y

On 25.1.2017 at 3:28 PM, Christendom said:

oh look another thread about night flips destroying the game.  Meanwhile "for the sake of the playerbase" didn't seem to be a topic of discussion during the 7 war supply drop, the 3 points at once attack on the US a month ago, pushing the dutch down to one region, US down to one region multiple times, 1st rates into 4th rate battles...blah blah blah.  Insert any number of grievances.  When your side is winning, all is fair.  When our side wins the mechanics need to be changed.  This shit is getting old.    

The Danes fucked up over the holidays.  They tried to negotiate with the US and force them to give up their advantage in this game under threat of losing a number of our ports, including our 2 main crafting hubs.  Your arrogance led you to believe you could bully us into giving into your demands, you chose poorly.  You pissed in the wrong fucking guy's cheerios.  I  told NorthViking in our meeting that there would be repercussions.  Well, here they are.  We expected you guys to last longer than a month.  Guess not.  Please note we have not used double or no show tactics against other nations during the evening and we don't plan to.  I told North that we would beat you.  It seems we have.  

Prior to Klooth joining our TS last night to hash things out, I was a little sympathetic to the Danes and their situation.  He basically told us that the danes are going to take their toys and go home because we're not playing fair enough for them.  Danish RVR is dead or so we've been told.  We'll see in the next couple days here.  I thought better of the Danish nation honestly.  I didn't think it would take one night to break them and have them go cry to the devs to change things.  I'm honestly disappointed.  

I quite frankly have no interest in fighting empty port battles.  If the Danes stop showing up, we will stop.  If they offer some form of official surrender or public apology for their treatment over the holidays we stop and they get their strong hull port back.  Agree to our terms, or don't.  I don't care.  The US will not be changing alliance partners and will not limit our attacks to just the weekends.   

You come at the king, you best not miss.         

"You come at the king"....LOL WUT????

Dude you are losing it :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Come on boss! It's not the Danes fault, they have become accustom to being the perpetrator of exploits but never the victim!! Afterall the victims need protecting!! 

We can't blame them I feel that we should pitty them.... 

beside attack a port in us time is not an exploit. IS not their fault they play in that timezone, I didnt see USA cry when dane coalition where generating eu timers on usa coast

7 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Is called sandbox

you cant create a safe enviroment for everybody in a way or another you gonna piss of a timezone community.  But see danes complain when they exploited anything exploitable is pure gold (funny when things not work their way eh? )

Name those "exploits" please.

9 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Name those "exploits" please.

log outs                      (there was a pretty loud threadnought)

aggression bomb       (there was a pretty loud threadnought)

use of alts for block slots (tribunal case)

use of alts for hide fleets (screen+video)

tag of your own alts for  get entire fleets stuck in a fight   (also used by HRE around la tortue for avoid engagements still have video about)

firstrates in 4th rate battles (tribunal case made by srupl+video +screen)

use of spys who where in our ts3 but playng for other side boarding our ppl (hi John swiglebottom now Thor the Almighty in HRE)  (screens and video and even personal admission)

attack on christmas after made an agreement 

just the first things that come up on my mind :)     some are exploit, some are metagaming, some are very unfair and really researched way for get advantage and piss off enemy  that killed your coalition credibility so any willingless from other nations to accord you any fairness

Edited by Lord Vicious

There is no Exploit if the attacking fleet logs out somewhere.You can do the same.As far as i know, there is no sanction for this kind of action.And,btw, not only Danes did this.

Aggresion bombs are maded war supplies, which cost huge amount of LH(thousands),and millions and millons of money, and REAL LIFE hours as well. Exploit? lol...

Using alts for slots?  Wut? Explain...

I ve heard of tagging another nation,which wasnt part of alliance at that moment, but those were not the Danes.And even if they did so, when you tag a contraband trader next to me, so i dont see that you are actually tagging me, is that an exploit too? Come on....

1st Rate in that PB was an accident. I was there. Dude took a wrong ship and entered PB. He couldnt escape early,and your fleet was already leaving.Believe that or not, you were also there, and i can not speak for your point of view.

There is  only 1 real EXPLOIT in this game so far.

And thats the NIGHTFLIP.

Edited by Fenris
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Um Vicious, I'm not defending them but I remember way back when pirate green on green was allowed. We, Sorry, were attacking a shallow water port in the Gulf and you had us attack each other to hide from the US. 

Not just DN uses game exploits. 

Yeah beside i never  deny that or went on forum to cry for fairness,or made deal that i not honored  and again green on green was allowed :)       sure was a borderline mechanic, but a legit one way different then an exploit, also we where a lone clan so our policy to chose to go for grey area influenced only our clan not an entire nation/coalition.  I made 1 deal in my NA career with the spain nation and we always honored it, so even if we where pirates despite our "toxicity"  i always honored my word.  I cant say the same for the rest of the "nations" in game since plenty of nation s changed side/coalition during a year of gameplay, while SORRY always honored 1 deal.     FUnny how the most honorable deal was made by a group of pirates considered toxic isnt it?

You miss the big difference, you wanna play borderline? do it, then dont go cry fo fairness, i am not sayng they should not do what they did, i am sayng is pathetic that now they cry for fairness after all they did :) 

i will use alt for hide my fleet also if i need, but you will never see me go around ask for fairness :)

Also is not that you need to convince me, the general community perception is that danes  when they could they exploited to the limit any unfair advantage they could get their hands on, so now ask for fairness  make a lot people laugh  how you cant get that? 

They simply harvesting what they seed.... 

Edited by Lord Vicious

4 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Yeah beside i never went on forum to cry for fairness,or made deal that i not honored  and again green on green was allowed :)       sure was a borderline mechanic, but way different then an exploit. 

You miss the big difference, you wanna play borderline? do it, then dont go cry fo fairness, i am not sayng they should not do what they did, i am sayng is pathetic that now they cry for fairness after all they did :) 

i will use alt for hide my fleet also if i need, but you will never see me go around ask for fairness :)

Also is not that you need to convince me, the general community perception is that danes  when they could they exploited to the limit any unfair advantage they could get their hands on, so now ask for fairness  make a lot people laugh  how you cant get that? 

They simply harvesting what they seed.... 

Harvesting what exactly?

You found a good explanation to NIGHTFLIP the regions, because you cant beat Danes in a proper PB. Thats all.

Now every shmock is talking about "exploits", and nobody can really explane WHAT EXACTLY DANES did.

10 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Harvesting what exactly?

You found a good explanation to NIGHTFLIP the regions, because you cant beat Danes in a proper PB. Thats all.

Now every shmock is talking about "exploits", and nobody can really explane WHAT EXACTLY DANES did.

I think i explained that pretty well     :=)   but there is video and screens also,  what there is to explain when you join a 4th rate battle in a vic?  he was there by mistake? ok it smell fishy but ok, he did join by mistake? yeah right......      there was also an invisible force blocking him from leaving? once he realize was an exploit? or his IQ is forrest gump like? do not get that a vic in a 4th rate battle is wrong?   we remained in battle for 9 minutes, so he got 7 minutes for left, instead he raised sail and charged towards us clearly refusing to leave.

go and watch the video.        

You understand that your position is LOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SUSTAIN? or you think we all naive retards here? you clearly insulting our intelligence even tryng to cover this story as "he made a mistake"   and this story is just a drop in the sea of what danes did

You use EXPLOITS

usa just attack in their prime time LOL,  so unless they all affected by  somnambulism they cant play at your same timezone, are they allowed to play or since you cant stop them they are supposed for the sake of   fairness and respect   (the same fairness and respect that you never gave to anyone  see the story i put up as example) they supposed to do nothing in their prime time just for please you?

Edited by Lord Vicious

7 minutes ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

By that logic a night flip is ok because you have two days warning :P

Well you are free to do it. Take region in an empty PB. You think someone cares?

If you think you can make that nation a vasall, or that they agree to some kind of your "terms", threatening with nightflips, you are wrong mate:D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Well you are free to do it. Take region in an empty PB. You think someone cares?

If you think you can make that nation a vasall, or that they agree to some kind of your "terms", threatening with nightflips, you are wrong mate:D

I don't care about your ports except that you are in them, if you want to threaten to take your toys and go home be my guest.  The Danes make vassals I make Allies, or you try to make vassals anyway.   I also don't threaten night flips i come for your alliance at 21:00 server time

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H