Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

It's funny how you think that your the only nation who is unhappy. I know loads of pirates who are in limbo and are not playing atm. 

The fairest update I hope for is server wide missions aimed at breaking up big alliances.

Iv already noticed a few Danes have already gone black!

I'm all for two, 6 hour timer slots per 24hrs for flag (admiral points) but I'm also a fan of this 48hr attack warning. It's either one or other or both.

6hrs twice a day (24hrs) open attack windows is fair. Hopefully raids will have no warning and give points towards region capture. The region hub should have at least 24hr warning!!!

• Like 2

Agreed each server (development team) should be controlled by a person who can set national mission. Eg British to take pampatar off the Dutch within 20 days for ten labour contracts. 1000 live oak,  per player reward. If mission is failed the British get a nerf, eg hostility generation against them is doubled and labour generation is halved 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

It's funny how you think that your the only nation who is unhappy. I know loads of pirates who are in limbo and are not playing atm. 

The fairest update I hope for is server wide missions aimed at breaking up big alliances.

About Pirates: I agree 10000%!

About alliances: If they limit them to just 1 ally per nation shit won't change much.

I predict many angry Dutch when I kinda see the brits sticking to the US for nightflip power.

And to make it practical they'd have to make a 8th nation. Pirate republic maybe?

But yes, it might help.

Edited by Kloothommel

2 hours ago, Leku said:

Diplomatic approach.

Admiting fact that it`s not players issue but developers failure. Via reducing timers between def port ang hostility gain.

Leting go as we have to low playerbase atm. Instead you resist normal approach and force yourself to stay late at night in the middle of the week. Thats your choice and your consequences. Dont blame others for that.

If you want to change "meta" between alliances, show some will to change it, stop your hostile approach towards US ( that goes for danes mostly ) and open diplomatic channel with some propositions.

I strongly suggest to not let danes do the talking. They are actually pretty hated atm by our block and there are several reasons for it.

I think we should just raid everything into extinction.. You're well on the way towards creating another PvP2 and I say go for it.. You guys clearly doesn't have the skills to take ports in our primetime and doesn't have the ability to win in OW either.. So nightflips your only real choise other than improving your skills..

I've read through this entire shamble of a thread and it seems clear to me that there really shouldn't be a solution to these issues.. I was in a rather heated argument a few days ago with Wraith and Hodo about the nightflips and in that argument it was insinuated that I and E.P. Juel was in a homosexual relationship simply on the grounds that we agreed the nightflips was a bad idea.. The level of toxicity in this thread is mind blowing.. I can't recall ever to have exploited anything in game.. I banter and I'll gladly burn any brit in game.. 

I do recall the brits and dutch placing insane PB timer - and I for one was actually okay with that as it merely prevented the brits and dutch to get any better at the PBs (which is part of the reason you resort to nightflips).. 

The tone in this thread is such that I say - just make as many nightflips as you can mates.. See the server depop as hard as you wanted it on the PvP2 (most americans have emigrated from the PvP2 afterall) and watch as your skill sets remains as low as they are today..

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I've read through this entire shamble of a thread and it seems clear to me that there really shouldn't be a solution to these issues.. I was in a rather heated argument a few days ago with Wraith and Hodo about the nightflips and in that argument it was insinuated that I and E.P. Juel was in a homosexual relationship simply on the grounds that we agreed the nightflips was a bad idea.. The level of toxicity in this thread is mind blowing.. I can't recall ever to have exploited anything in game.. I banter and I'll gladly burn any brit in game.. 

I do recall the brits and dutch placing insane PB timer - and I for one was actually okay with that as it merely prevented the brits and dutch to get any better at the PBs (which is part of the reason you resort to nightflips).. 

The tone in this thread is such that I say - just make as many nightflips as you can mates.. See the server depop as hard as you wanted it on the PvP2 (most americans have emigrated from the PvP2 afterall) and watch as your skill sets remains as low as they are today..

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Complains about toxic forum by adding more Toxicity Hahaha XD gold! We've had people camped on our coast since before I started playing I think our skills are just fine and getting better with every engagement. but our playerbase and resources not so much. but now.......

P.S - nightflips, need I remind you of the "Night of 3 knives" all in EU time and all defended. Not a single complaint about TZ

Edited by saintjacktar
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, saintjacktar said:

Complains about toxic forum by adding more Toxicity Hahaha XD gold! We've had people camped on our coast since before I started playing I think our skills are just fine and getting better with every engagement. but our playerbase and resources not so much. but now.......

P.S - nightflips, need I remind you of the "Night of 3 knives" all in EU time and all defended. Not a single complaint about TZ

You have the players in the timezone in your alliance. Says enough about the lopsided userbase, eh?

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

The way things are going it doen't matter anymore. A radical change is needed to retain players.

You fool, 

You called down the thunder with your pathetic attatude, exploiting and general douchebaggery.

Now you want to exclude huge parts of the world because mama is mad you aren't getting a good night sleep.

You reap what you sow.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

The target of any kind of solution shouldnt be to exclude a part of the world from playing but letting them fight equal timezone players so noone of us has to skip his sleep or whatever.

That is true, but the system must also be tailored so that players of all time zones can enjoy the game in their prime time, not simply the prime time of the physical location of the server box. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

Unlike if we were like the US, because then we'd be crying about how the Vega attack is "against the spirit of the summit" or somesuch right now. ;)

Except there is currently no agreement and we've learned from experience that you should always enter into a negotiation from a position of strength.  Nothing like looming more port battles over one's heads when negotiating, right guys?  We've had good teachers on the subject, what can I say.  The US will continue to take Dane ports as long as they are defending and/or an agreement is made.    

The more I keep reading this thread my desire to go through with this diplomatic summit grows less and less.  Perhaps we should reduce the Danes down to one or two regions, build a McDonalds on road town and watch your player base die.  I daresay you deserve it.  This would 100% be a healthier game without the majority of your faction in it.  But if that were to happen, who's TS would Kloothomel pop onto at 4am his time because he's self-admittedly losing sleep and borderline on the verge of tears.  Who else would he plead with other than his old forum pal Chris to solve his problems?  Would Klooth go to another game and became that games new forum troll?  Would we miss him?  Probably not.  Your desperation moved me the other night Kloothomel, which is why I made the diplo post to try and make this game great again.  You've touched my heart.  I'm not even joking guys, I've seen the softer side of Kloothomel, he's not just biased forum troll to me.  Keep spewing your disdain here on the forums Klooth buddy, I know you better.  

Edited by Christendom

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Except there is currently no agreement and we've learned from experience that you should always enter into a negotiation from a position of strength.  Nothing like looming more port battles over one's heads when negotiating, right guys?  We've had good teachers on the subject, what can I say.  The US will continue to take Dane ports as long as they are defending and/or an agreement is made.    

The more I keep reading this thread my desire to go through with this diplomatic summit grows less and less.  Perhaps we should reduce the Danes down to one or two regions, build a McDonalds on road town and watch your player base die.  I daresay you deserve it.  This would 100% be a healthier game without the majority of your faction in it.  But if that were to happen, who's TS would Kloothomel pop onto at 4am his time because he's self-admittedly losing sleep and borderline on the verge of tears.  Who else would he plead with other than his old forum pal Chris to solve his problems?  Would Klooth go to another game and became that games new forum troll?  Would we miss him?  Probably not.  Your desperation moved me the other night Kloothomel, which is why I made the diplo post to try and make this game great again.  You've touched my heart.  I'm not even joking guys, I've seen the softer side of Kloothomel, he's not just biased forum troll to me.  Keep spewing your disdain here on the forums Klooth buddy, I know you better.  

I agree.. No need to go through with the summit.. Make as many nightflips as possible - the more the merrier.. and the sooner the devs gets the PB timers back - and a large portion of the players as well..

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

And I remember how y'all reacted when I tried to reason. Yes I was emotional. Because I fear the death of this great game is near. But your chauvinist attitude was revolting. You confirmed ALL prejudices about Americans. Disgusting.

• Like 1

I can understand the Danish position, afterall I'm a pirate at heart who couldn't take part In port battles and found it very hard to get pvp!

Being British I now get pvp and believe it or not I now enjoy the community (most of it).

As pirates we were forced to evolve.

The Danes have had there peek, like we pirates had, British etc. 

I can't understand how if the Danish alliance was to launch all attacks on the Dutch or British at the same time in the same hr slot. I'd bet money you'd win at least 2 of 8 regions!

6 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

And I remember how y'all reacted when I tried to reason. Yes I was emotional. Because I fear the death of this great game is near. But your chauvinist attitude was revolting. You confirmed ALL prejudices about Americans. Disgusting.

Don't be like that honey.  I was nothing but nice to you.  It wasn't until you cussed out Amplify in Dutch that we took a difference stance with you.  We're supposed to be the Americans here with the alternative facts, not you.  

12 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I agree.. No need to go through with the summit.. Make as many nightflips as possible - the more the merrier.. and the sooner the devs gets the PB timers back - and a large portion of the players as well..

If you think Port Timers will fix this game or being your salvation from US night attacks, you clearly don't remember what the old system was like.  Careful what you wish for my friend.  Let's also stop this fallacy that the game is dying because of our night attacks.  It isn't.  If anything the player base has been slightly on the uptick since we've started.  You can thank us later for that btw.  Jeheils videos also seem to back this up.  We even got that old softy Klooth to admit as much the other day.  

Night flips are not the reason this game is 1/3 of the population it was 2-3 months ago.  Sorry to break it to you guys.

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

If you think Port Timers will fix this game or being your salvation from US night attacks, you clearly don't remember what the old system was like.  Careful what you wish for my friend.  Let's also stop this fallacy that the game is dying because of our night attacks.  It isn't.  If anything the player base has been slightly on the uptick since we've started.  You can thank us later for that btw.  Jeheils videos also seem to back this up.  We even got that old softy Klooth to admit as much the other day.  

Night flips are not the reason this game is 1/3 of the population it was 2-3 months ago.  Sorry to break it to you guys.

Try to read my comments mate.. I allready stated that the nightflips didn't start the depopulation - If you cared to read my comments you'd see I have an idea about what did.. The nightflips just doesn't help - the timers will however.. among other things.. But have fun showing off the amazing skill in taking empty ports..

11 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Try to read my comments mate.. I allready stated that the nightflips didn't start the depopulation - If you cared to read my comments you'd see I have an idea about what did.. The nightflips just doesn't help - the timers will however.. among other things.. But have fun showing off the amazing skill in taking empty ports..

Mate if only your read some of our earlier comments, we haven't taken any empty ports from you guys...yet.  I think rumors of your demise are exaggerated, we will see each other again

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Mate if only your read some of our earlier comments, we haven't taken any empty ports from you guys...yet.  I think rumors of your demise are exaggerated, we will see each other again

I hope so, but I'll not partake in nightflips again - I'll be happy to sink you in OW tho.. 

OK guys, perhaps it's a good idea to get back on topic. Fact of the matter is that the game is on the up. Thanks to excellent coordination on the brit-dutch-US side the last couple of weeks lots of good things are happening for us, and I believe the other alliance should step up to meet the challenge (which I'm sure they are capable of). If not, perhaps you should start to restructure, similar to what I believe happened in our nation some time ago.

Also personally, I love the PB timer, as it allows a player like me (and many others) with a busy RL to plan ahead to be part of either screening or PBs.

And let's not blame screening, it's a great chance for a much bigger population to be part of these events. Screening for Castries this week for instance was probably as much a blast for the swedes and french as it was for us.

Timezones: insolvable until more players join from the american continents on different sides of the alliance as e.g. a midweek truce would ruin the experience for current american players more or less. I mean it is as annoying having to wake up at 4AM as it is to miss a PB because you're at work. 

PS  The US port attacks were simultaneous because people know how hard it is to win from the danes, and our alliance was a bit lucky capturing both, as santo domingo wasn't a primary target at all as far as I understand. Its as much a compliment as it was a tactical move from my perspective.

Keep it cool :)

Edited by Twan
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Bearwall said:

I recall a PB you lost.. Puerto Plata - just before u tailed out and took to the brits.. you cried something about pirates not being balanced as they can't make any diplo?

I never join puerto plata, we where rdy (2 min away from the crossswords)  with an aga sorry fleet, 15+ with some other clan with the right ships but 10+ randoms pirate joined in with shitty ships so we tp back :)  yeah and we where pretty pissed of since they wasted our time , our fleet got a real chance to take it but again was wasted by randoms russians.   That was the last interaction we did in pirates as clan concerning a pb :)

Edited by Lord Vicious