Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.97 - Events, minor crafting changes and other things

admin

23 hours ago, Vaan De Vries said:

Worst patch ever.

The game becomes more and more casual-like. 

The fine woods were too hard - so we will revert back to the time where loosing ship is nothing and the only valuable thing in game is your officer life.

The ganking was apparently too easy (heh, heh) - so we will speed up traders, but leave engage timer the same. And leave AI fleets the same. Goodbye OW PVP.

There were too many ships in OW - so will reduce their count by towing (nice change, but not in current circumstances).

The raking damage reduce once again - go on tank with your stern.

Why play game with no sense of achievement or progress? To roleplay - but how - if with broken economy you can spend 1 hour and earn enough money to build a 1st rate like it was before? Now it's even easier - we have labor contracts to buy from noobs!

Now we can't hurt other nations in OW PVP cause ships doesn't matter anymore. So for PVP we are left just with PB - why then skip the unneeded OW at all and just make another WOWS but with Sails and stuff?

I like the game being for smart and hardcore players. And no, crafting woods didn't require too much time - it require only to plan logistics. But no, we once again sink to casual level of WOWS/WOT/WOW like games. 

Sad update, will go play smth more challenging..

Pretty much sums it up.

I guess i made the right move last month to step away from what was once a pretty good sandbox game. 

I seen it comming that this is basically becoming wows with RvR as its clan wars feature.  Absolutely no chance at a comeback now for player who enjoy the true open world sandbox experience .  

I will say i got my 40 bucks worth of fun from NA but seems it was a waste of time. 

Not worth play testing a game that i think is going to bomb big time and that is no fun playing anymore. 

Best of luck dev team on the release . 

Love the changes.

My suggestions for the Admiralty PvP Event:
I would like a smaller Admiralty PvP event circle. It is not easy to find players in that massive area. If 1000 players join I see the need for a big area, but now it just makes it difficult to find other players.
I would also like a more visual color on the label for when you are inside the area. Just to give us a clearer visual alert for when we are leaving/entering the area. Red and green are already used for enemy and friendly regions. I suggest another color like orange or blue. I sailed outside the circle two times today, while I  was looking for other players.    

55 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I do not understand how something so simple to state has been implemented so poorly, and with seemingly so little testing given all the time they had to get it right? And then, it takes *more than one* patch to fix it? This game is begging for meaningful, fun PvP and we get a broken re-implementation of a perk we had in the game months ago, and ridiculous events that exactly 7 people got kills in last night on PvP1?  (Let's be generous and say that at least 20 people tried to participate, and a third of those couldn't find any fights so they bugged out.)

Simple fix to the broken Signal perk: Remove Signal perk. Re-enable Social Perk with no ridiculous BR limits, reduce timer to 5 minutes, rename it "Signal Perk."  

Huzzah.

I don't even care that it was a stupid mechanic before and the were reasons why we asked for it to be removed. But at least then it worked as advertised. Sorry for the salt but I'm finally losing my patience here as I see even the most solid, active US clans on PvP1 bleeding players...

It would bea waste of breath to tell you how many things i agreed with you on in the past and here now but once again you are right.

Ive known this was all comming since no cooldown teleports where implemented .   There is no room in this game for players like us and the thousands who have quit because of injection of carebear into our waters. 

The reason pvp2 and the US on pvp1 is dying is pretty simple so i think you will keep seeing the decline .  Your  temperament is now where mine was 2 patches ago hahaha. Hope you stick around and keep voicing your opinion. 

Got some free time to test a bit

Here my thoughts:

• I like remove fine woods from crafting but i proposal to keep this as a rare drop from NPC used for future refits of ship (pirate frigate etc)
  • I like events - tried few times 30 min trial - manage sunk 3 ships with 13999 damage output - noticed a lot depend where NPC spawn got few times them upwind so waste a bit time to get closer. Overall its good idea but need more variety (come later) and somehow limit same players get rewarded day after day to give chance less experienced players. Maybe make 3 levels of them: basic, advanced and hard mode with proper rewards? Hype on events drag off players of OW as well...Not got chance test PvP yet tho...sadly time frames are almost out my time for playing.
  • Tow maybe a lot helpfull in mobility of players intrested for PvP 
  • Nerf War supplies - great job there. Personally i would like to see them maximum at 33%
  • No more Coward - great news since never liked (and used) this perk - who want be a coward at the end?;)
  • Brace command seems to be essential since we get so much casualties by raking - never tested yet properly but heard some opinions this need tweak.
  • Nice to splinter damage get lowerded a bit - was tired when pvp fights ended after 2-3 good rakes
  • Like OW speed boost - maybe worth risk and speed up by another 10% - world is huge, player base small and lot of players not got so much time to sailing by hours...
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I do not understand how something so simple to state has been implemented so poorly, and with seemingly so little testing given all the time they had to get it right? And then, it takes *more than one* patch to fix it? This game is begging for meaningful, fun PvP and we get a broken re-implementation of a perk we had in the game months ago, and ridiculous events that exactly 7 people got kills in last night on PvP1?  (Let's be generous and say that at least 20 people tried to participate, and a third of those couldn't find any fights so they bugged out.)

Simple fix to the broken Signal perk: Remove Signal perk. Re-enable Social Perk with no ridiculous BR limits, reduce timer to 5 minutes, rename it "Signal Perk."  

Huzzah.

I don't even care that it was a stupid mechanic before and the were reasons why we asked for it to be removed. But at least then it worked as advertised. Sorry for the salt but I'm finally losing my patience here as I see even the most solid, active US clans on PvP1 bleeding players...

The concept of the signal perk is way better then the old social perk. If they get it to work then all will love it, just give them some time to sort things out.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

The difference being the BR equilibration?  First, how does this make any sense in an open world game? If the battle is open it should remain open. Second, I think we can all agree that all the hand wringing over "fair" fights and the accommodations made to reducing ganks, etc. has created a feedback loop that has resulted in essentially the lack of motivation to fight. Personally, I'd rather be ganked and fight than to not have anyone left in the game to fight at all, wouldn't you?

No one stays out if everyone is in the huge tag circle we have now and if the battle is not even then some strangers can join or they can call one or 2 clan mates whatever is needed to get a fair battle. In the end there is no reason to run away and everyone gets more pvp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

There was another update today (6th Dec)... any idea what has been changed.

Buster.

Taps around with blind Pugh's stick.

I and at least three others were experiencing an issue with the tow request involving empty outpost slots. Basically when we clicked "tow request" nothing appeared. Seems from one persons experimenting that was because we had empty outpost slots in-between our list of outposts (for example Bensalem, Turneffe, Empty, Empty, Ponce, Beaufort) because when they then filled out those empty outposts they were able to use the tow request.

I mention this as I reckon maybe that's one thing that was changed and fixed as logging in now today I am suddenly now able to use the tow request despite continuing to have such empty outposts in my list.

10 hours ago, la Touche-Treville said:

Writing lies? How can you say that? Please re read what I wrote: I haven't crafted ....

I know people thathave but I know many more that have left the game. Nuff said

I know a lot of people who left the game before fine woods patch. Because game was boring and to casual-oriented. Because there were a lot of players sailing 1-st rates without knowing how to sail them.

Seems like we are back on this track. Some of the casuals who whined about fine woods would ofc come back. But for how long? They will found another reason to whine. For example... ganking. What devs will do next? Remove OW PVP?

Sounds like ppl are complaining again about the dime-a-dozen SoLs. Just bring back fine woods and set it so that only SoLs require them. Make the drop rate better from the forests, and not f'd up by rng; or make a building to produce fine woods. And don't make the drop so ridiculously high that it puts it right back into the dime-a-dozen drop rate.

Also, leave OW PvP battle timers open indefinitely, until one side wins or the other side gives up and stops entering.

Oh and, gimme gimme land in PBs. Woot!

Edit: oohhh and please give us more OPs so we can participate in these events without losing production...oh and a clan dock yard. woot.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

Hmm - why not trying to keep the navy-playerbase. The ones who like to participate in large navy battles? I think you lost most of them since marts or so... 

There should be some kind of possibilty to join a national navy right away and then fight in large trafalgar-battles versus other nations in SOLs.

Damn the small pirate alike players who hate SOLs and long timers ROE. Drop them and let the rest of us have a good game. Og make a pirate server along with the PVE guys.

13 hours ago, Wraith said:

You and I are clearly in the minority when it comes to not minding a "fair" or "balanced" battle or even fighting as underdogs.  This is the mentality of the hard core masochistic player that has more money than they know what to do with and a clan that keeps them in whatever ships they want.  For others, you have to understand, and this is reality we should be facing head on... Your average player, the ones that MMOs and multiplayer games feed on, will only engage in PvP when they think they have the advantage or random chance allows them to triumph in some small but meaningful way even when they are out-skilled or out-gunned.

That's the magic this game has lost. If you balance it to the point where every fight boils down to pure skill or pure ship advantage, rather than, "Hey guys, let's group up and go gank some traders just for fun... Oh shit! We won, but this just turned into an anti-gank, run, run, etc.," then you're cutting out a large chunk of your player base and all you have left is a bunch of players that want to play in an arena.

Spot on sir! +10

Devs you need to employ this guy

• Like 3

I'm still puzzled to understand the mentality of where this game is going. 

RoE. Remove second circle. No one is pulled into the battle if they are not directly attacked. Battle instance should not be a way to avoid being ganged or isolate someone. They are there so server can manage the lag. In reality they are just a battle in OW that anyone is free to join or ignore, thus battle instance must stay open until its over.

Battle instance itself is a mirrow of the open world. If you enter the battle you appear there according where you were in relation of the cross. 

When you exit the battle you appear in relation to your position to OW, thus it should be possible to enter 5km away from the port and sail to the port in battle and exit right outside of it.

If there are no ships left in the battle you will be kicked to the battle screen in 1 min. In battle screen you will be kicked back to OW in 5min. If you logged while in battle screen your ship will be kicked out to OW instantly. It will then hang in the OW for normal 2 min like it is now.

There you have it. Simple sandbox mechanics that will keep PVP server alive and fun

• Like 2

since we have the tow feature why not disable the feature send to outpost in battle screen and in the same time add the maximun load of the fleet ship to the maximum load of your flag ship . so if you cap a ship you have to bring it to a freindly port by yourself but you can also take the hold. And if you want more. Only fleet ships from the beginning of you journey can replace men. New ship have to get men from the amount of your fleet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, koltes said:

I'm still puzzled to understand the mentality of where this game is going. 

RoE. Remove second circle. No one is pulled into the battle if they are not directly attacked. Battle instance should not be a way to avoid being ganged or isolate someone. They are there so server can manage the lag. In reality they are just a battle in OW that anyone is free to join or ignore, thus battle instance must stay open until its over.

Battle instance itself is a mirrow of the open world. If you enter the battle you appear there according where you were in relation of the cross. 

When you exit the battle you appear in relation to your position to OW, thus it should be possible to enter 5km away from the port and sail to the port in battle and exit right outside of it.

If there are no ships left in the battle you will be kicked to the battle screen in 1 min. In battle screen you will be kicked back to OW in 5min. If you logged while in battle screen your ship will be kicked out to OW instantly. It will then hang in the OW for normal 2 min like it is now.

There you have it. Simple sandbox mechanics that will keep PVP server alive and fun

Interesting suggestion. The thing I miss the most is to sail in my ship and join an ongoing battle. Would that be possible?

Edited by fox2run

Just now, fox2run said:

Interesting suggestion. The thin I miss the most is to sail in my ship and join an ongoing battle. Would that be possible?

Every time. You sail and see someone fighting. Join or pass like you would in RL. Its simple and makes sense.

We can muck around with instance mechanics all we want until we realize that the only way to keep it working realistically is to forget all these RoE instance rules and make Instance a continuation of OW. It should always be open

• Like 1

Yes!  Bring back the days of unlimited ganking!

(Because NOBODY complained about that incessantly on these forums........ a. million. times. )

i personally feel feel like the new "signal" perk is a decent compromise.  

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yes!  Bring back the days of unlimited ganking!

(Because NOBODY complained about that incessantly on these forums........ a. million. times. )

i personally feel feel like the new "signal" perk is a decent compromise.  

Eventually people will learn to sail with convoys. Or learn to avoid.
In EVE there are gate campers been killing people at bottlenecks for 10 years.
Didnt destroy the game me thinking

It would force players and nations to organize and give life to the community again. 

Ganking and counterganking is there no matter what ROE you have. By removing it altogether it at least give some life back to the game. Hell. Even I may play it again. I really miss the days where I could take my ships to battle!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, koltes said:

Eventually people will learn to sail with convoys. Or learn to avoid.
In EVE there are gate campers been killing people at bottlenecks for 10 years.
Didnt destroy the game me thinking

Two different things I'd say.

What you say regarding the gates is similar to what some pirates-of-the-line did in Jamaica. Blocking transit and interdicting any ships coming through or from.

What we have to struggle with is spacetime scale which doesn't correlate at both OW and battle level.

Find a way for both to be the equal, exactly the same and we can have it always open.

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Two different things I'd say.

What you say regarding the gates is similar to what some pirates-of-the-line did in Jamaica. Blocking transit and interdicting any ships coming through or from.

What we have to struggle with is spacetime scale which doesn't correlate at both OW and battle level.

Find a way for both to be the equal, exactly the same and we can have it always open.

Thats because OW conflicts needs to be more local oriented. Conflict zones more local too. Tavel speed decreased instead of increased and there ya go, you have OW instantly a bigger place.
To speed the long destination travel make currents or trade winds. Hop in and hop out, but got to sail to them first.