Game-Labs Forum

What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

Who would you sail for?  

860 members have voted

1. 1. What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

• Britain
    • France
    • Denmark - Norway
    • Spain
    • United States
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Other

I think I remember people mentioning Portugal and the United Provinces (Holland). Both have a specific history related to the Age of Sail, especially in the East Indies. Also if the Mediterranean makes it to the game one day, the Ottoman Empire would fit well to the area.

• Like 2

Also it has been spelt incorrectly in the poll above.

Appreciate you pointing that out Mr. Hood, it has been corrected. And no slight intended :)

The United States and Britain here. Thought about the French, being allies of the US, Statue of Liberty and all... nahh :P

• Like 2

I think I remember people mentioning Portugal and the United Provinces (Holland). Both have a specific history related to the Age of Sail, especially in the East Indies. Also if the Mediterranean makes it to the game one day, the Ottoman Empire would fit well to the area.

Maybe it was a bit earlier era but in Baltic Sea we got lot of fights against Sweden and Denmark plus Hanseatic League was one of the biggest and well organized merchant unions active on northen europe. Interesting fact was that rich merchant towns/ports like Gdansk formed own flotillas to secure trade routes and defend merchant ships...

how could you forget to list the netherlands in your voting?

They are one of the most important nations in naval history.

so, that would be a vote for "other"? :D

The poll was not intended to reflect historical significance, just the most likey nations. No slight intended!

Sound choice Samuel....keep it in the family and be mighty proud. I salute any Serviceman (or woman) of any nation but would salute more eagerly those in the Service of Her Majesty and especially those in the Senior Service, of which the Royal Marines are an important and integral part. I wish you all good fortune in your endeavours and expect you will wear the uniform with pride.

• Like 1

After 22 years of service for Her Majesty in her Royal Navy, it has to be Britain for me. Anything else would feel like treachery....

Pfft... Nothing wrong with "jumping the pond" and joining up with the Continental Navy, almost an offshoot of the RN. :D  

I'm sure your mates would understand, right?  :P  

• Like 3