Game-Labs Forum

Tournament Price Changes

Twig

Sure, there was plenty of time and I dont disagree here. But Hethwill it seems like you dont know that many teams did not participate cause they knew that they would not be able to get into the tournament even if some drop out. There were 7 teams on the waiting list.

I decided not to participate because I expected that we have to do one match on a set time - and I knew that I can not be there any week. That we can fight at any time we would decide was announced later on when a lot of teams already subscribed. And this was what draged out the tournament.

- So its not about "I wanted to participade, but..." No this is about changing what was announced again and again - So, if you announce something and than stay at it the full time! I know with updates this is pretty heavy and I dont espect them than, but this is not an update!

@ Kair - It is a bonus which suddenly gives those teams a lot more power - Those PB's are rare now to just give them away is, I'm sorry, not intelligent. Again: Especially when the "special event" is enabled for a long time.  This is one of the "capriciousness" I'm talking about. I do not say: They dont deserve it cause they do! But this changing is not okay or fine at any point and I have to hardly protest against it.

As far as I know - there is only a hand full of people able to craft those ships. Thanks to their lucky drops.

So as far as I understand it now, this is to favour those players more than it should be

But I see when I hit a wall which will not move at any costs cause they think differently. This still remains wrong and you can not change that.

Edited by Twig

I'm pretty sure that good people like Tommy will craft you this ship without paying 10x real price if you ask him nicely.

Having said that please devs give us also some chance to get those BP's. It's great to have those ships in game but it would be even better to sail them :) ( Tommy cant craft for the whole server :P ).

IIRC the treasure events are being reworked. That's where the first L'Ocean BPs came from, right ?

The majority of players couldn't even participate due to the hours it took place.

What's all that about anyways. If devs decide to give a ship or blue print to somebody they can do that all day long without having to explain that to anybody.

I don't like the fact that some bps are more or less exclusive but that's a whole different story.

Congratulations to the winners of the tournament. Enjoy your prices.

Thx to the developers for their support to that community event.

I hope good data was produced that helps to refine combat mechanics further.

• Like 3

How does this give those teams more power? Because of the Ocean recipe?

Not really the ocean recipe - but the argamemnon and heavy rattlesnake bp. Those ships are the strongest for those "normal" and "small" PB's.

Im not talking about the ocean alone here - Okay they can earn a lot of money just for push a button to craft, but thats fine. But I'm afraid that the other BPs will effect anything else.   And that in a time, were you cant get them anywhere.

Not really the ocean recipe - but the argamemnon and heavy rattlesnake bp. Those ships are the strongest for those "normal" and "small" PB's.

Im not talking about the ocean alone here - Okay they can earn a lot of money just for push a button to craft, but thats fine. But I'm afraid that the other BPs will effect anything else.   And that in a time, were you cant get them anywhere.

Well you are right about the Agamemnon. If PB entry remains based on class, the Agamemnon will be the new status quo.

But three more crafters is still a good thing, making the recipe universal (which makes a lot of sense if the ships stays the best for PBs) is another crusade.

• Like 1

Well you are right about the Agamemnon. If PB entry remains based on class, the Agamemnon will be the new status quo.

But three more crafters is still a good thing, making the recipe universal (which makes a lot of sense if the ships stays the best for PBs) is another crusade.

Well three new crafter in one nation changes the scales of course. Please dont foget that those PB's are within one clan (one team) and thus bounded to one nation - Dont think they will give those ships or their services to other nations.

The Agamemnon still can't go into normal deep water PBs last I checked.

Do we have other informations?

Instead of being happy that other people get a suprise (not the ship) now people cry ... says a lot about character ...

For you to judge based on this forum threat says a lot more.

Particulary if you can not read right.

Edited by Twig

Well three new crafter in one nation changes the scales of course. Please dont foget that those PB's are within one clan (one team) and thus bounded to one nation - Dont think they will give those ships or their services to other nations.

You don't know that though. 

Perhaps some of us aren't as Greedy as you seem to think. ;) 

You should be happy on others behalf. I know i was back when British and US  got the Blue Prints.

Sure, it sucked arse that i didn't get it but man, i was happy someone did! 

I don't even have an Aggy but i'm happy someone else does. 

I don't have Rattler Heavy or Aggy but i still think it is cool that the ships are rare!

I think some stuff being Rare adds something very special to a game. 

• Like 2

Afaik all the current L'Ocean BPs in the game are in the hands of the Brit-US-Dutch coalition. They are managing fine to share those ships between their nation. When we finally have the BP in the other coalition I would hope we are at least as good. I know the OCEAN players to be friendly and helpful and I have no reason to think they would keep the L'Ocean to themselves, and I'm definitely not going to judge them in advance.

You're a Swede, right? Just keep all the materials (including 3 labour contracts) handy and hope for the best.

Do we have other informations?

Information is about 2 weeks old and afaik there hasn't been a hotfix for it, so information should be current. 

Anyway, if they fix the Aga battle rating at the same time the Ingermanland or Connie will still be the preferred ships for Port Battles, just like even with the L'Ocean around the Santi will still be the preferred ship.

The way i see it. The Dev's wanted to support the tournament, they did so by saying they would award cool stuff to the winners. 

However, they didn't want people to join the tournament just because you had a chance to win something! 

Which worked afaik. OCEAN didn't join the tournament just because we could win something. We joined because it sounded fun and it would be cool to fight against other coordinated teams :) And winning would mean a bit of "Bragging rights". 

The Awards are just a bonus i think. 

A Surprise is a good thing in my eyes, Dev's always had a tendency to surprise us with stuff on patch day, be it with new feature, new ships or stuff like that i always thought it was awesome. 

Edit: I don't know if this is why the Dev's made the choice they made. But i think it is. :)

• Like 9

I don't give flying ... (Well let's keep it civil here) about who HAS the BPs..

What I do care about is that they are currently unattainable due to the lack of both events and an ordinary means of getting the BPs.. I don't see the logic behind these new BPs and the fact that u can't get them even if u are a level 50 crafter.. That just doesn't make sense in my mind that a level 1 crafter can have all 3 BPs and a lvl 50 crafter can have none and no means to obtain them.. and I don't get the apparent wish from the devs to make them unattainable - the event was at best a prime example of an ill thought through 'happening' that I honestly recognize most of all to be a juvenile prank - which is why I only participated in the first event..

If the devs gave someone the BPs as a reward for winning a player created tournament I see it only as a sign that they would like a way to distribute the BPs but are too stubborn to make them readily available and not creative enough to think of an event that would make sense and be fun for those participating(even without an award) I don't think any1 who participated in the tournament was dissatisfied with the tournament or felt that their time was wasted so I tip my hat to the winners and grats to them for their prize!

I personally do not mind the guys who invested their time and effort into this tournament to get a bigger reward. After all,they did provided both entertainment and valuable beta testing data. (Btw, well done, gents! Thanks for all the entertainment!) So, this is devs call, no questions asked.

On a more general note however, I believe this "BP/ships kinda in game but not for everyone" situation is turning silly. I suppose the goal is to keep teasing people with new content and keep them chasing exclusive content, but perhaps a bit more straightforward ways to keep that interest up can be found. For instance, introduce 1-2 new ships with BP accessible via crafting with each big patch, but make drop rate low (like 1%) at least until next big patch. That will keep people busy (ships will be gradually (weeks/months?) introduced into the game), help the economy, and be fair to everyone.

The tournament was fine but the organization of it was meh and pretty biased.

change of rules in middle of it  so half teams not got the same chances of the other teams. 

certain team  losses got censored (video of team wich was already favoured by judges  got removed cause they lost, you can go figure out who start with T end with A)

certain teams got heavily favoured by certain judges that even exposed themself to mistakes cause of that "willing" like giving extra time for win start with T end with A 

Bugged ships/setup, that not got excluded even after evidence of how OP and unabalanced it was   

change of rules in middle of it  so half teams not got the same chances of the other teams. 

certain team  losses got censored (video of team wich was already favoured by judges  got removed cause they lost, you can go figure out who start with T end with A)

certain teams got heavily favoured by certain judges that even exposed themself to mistakes cause of that "willing" like giving extra time for win start with T end with A 

Bugged ships/setup, that not got excluded even after evidence of how OP and unabalanced it was   

saltylol.jpg

• Like 4

Let me get this straight: you complain about rule changes during the tournament, but you wanted the rules to be changed during the tournament to exclude certain ships that were supposedly OP even though everyone had the same opportunity to choose those ship types that were maybe OP?

Let me remind you that out of the "top 4" teams 3 of them, including the first and second place, didn't use the Essex.

About the change of fight length: everyone knew how long a match they had to play and how much time they had to win. Most teams also played matches both before and after that rule change. So I don't see how that was terribly unfair. I also didn't see the judges do anything to favour any teams. Most judges and organisers also have no connection to TDA, so implying a bias in their favour is pretty far fetched.

We all make excuses for not winning. RDNN's excuse is it was all my fault, and also we didn't have the best team and was never going to win. We were there to participate and have fun. SORRY's excuse I guess is that it was everyone else's fault. Shouldn't come as a surprise I guess.

• Like 7