Game-Labs Forum

Tournament Price Changes

Twig

Because it wasn't liked in the "tournament winning" declaration.

Here what has been deleted by the mods cause they dont like it when someone notice them changing their announcements / promises. 

This is not about that I dont think they would deserve it - It is about beeing fair and staying to their word!

If I have to speak it out, then I will cause this shoud not be a "dictatorship of the proletariat"

I dont get it!!!

Iit was announced that they only get one ship and not the BP's for those! Seems pretty unfair to change that right now for a player made tournament epecially when we think about that the special event is disenabled for a long time = Thus no one else can get them right now.

"The stakes are high, with awards aplenty to the victors.  Rewards are as follows:  A total of 13.7 million pieces of eight to be divided between those squadrons which place first, second, and third in the honorable fray.  Four Bucentaure-class ships to be likewise divided.  Perhaps most sought of all, a L’Ocean-class ship for first place, an Aggememnon-class ship for second place, and a Heavy Rattlesnake-class sloop-of-war for third place teams..."

http://forum.game-la...ament/?p=296663

This is insane!

Please stay at what you announced!
Those BP's were ment to only drop at the Event (Special Drop) - Not as a reward!

"...

To celebrate the increase in the steam ratings 4 ships will be added to the game as event ships.

• Rattlesnake Heavy – event blueprint
  • L Ocean – event blueprint
  • Agamemnon – event blueprint
  • Gunboat – redeemable for existing users and event blueprint. Redeemable will be given out by end of the week.

Event ships are available from special events only – that will be available for for all users on PvP and PvE servers...."

http://forum.game-la...tures/?p=297938

This is all i have to say:

Undersell and everything more is a bonus.

It wasnt me who changed the price, i didnt even ask for a change it was admin that said they will be getting blue prints, if any time that admin makes a good change which will make someone even happier gets recieved with flak, why would admin sponsor any tournament in the future again?

• Like 1

1) I woundt say anything if every player could participate - that was not given cause the tournament was limited to those which saw it early. So NO not everyone!

2) This tournament was planed by players not by the devs. They only said they would support it. Those ships were a special but the BP's wasnt included.

3) The special event is a special event - a tournament is a tournament and thus no special event.

4) This is also about capriciousness. Something I dont like at any point, not in politics, not in normal behavior and not in a game where we all try to make it better.

@Bungee this has nothing to do with my sportsmanship!

1. every player could participate, in fact more than initially participated as we decided to extend the entry time. You had i believe 3 entire weeks(which might have been too long) to enter

2. sure it was planned by players yes, but devs did decide to support it, as a result it is their decision whether to give ships or blue prints

3. Who said it was you who decided what is and isnt a special event? a tournament doesnt happen every day as such it can be considered a special event

so basically 'OH NOES' they got a BP instead of a ship and OMG people can actually change their mind about the reward they give to someone for something that is quite an accomplishment.

Maybe the devs felt that just a ship was not a good enough reward for the time and effort put into the tournament.

• Like 3

Pretty much like the treasure hunts, those that could be there got their rewards. A lot of players couldn't participate in those as well due to various reasons the biggest being honesty with oneself - cannot commit with the time and schedules therefore have to forfeit any rewards.

1. every player could participate, in fact more than initially participated as we decided to extend the entry time. You had i believe 3 entire weeks(which might have been too long) to enter

2. sure it was planned by players yes, but devs did decide to support it, as a result it is their decision whether to give ships or blue prints

3. Who said it was you who decided what is and isnt a special event? a tournament doesnt happen every day as such it can be considered a special event

So if we follow the explanation - where is the tournament for the PVE Server? The so called (and named) special event was supposed to be the only one as far as I can read from the announcement. Correct me if I'm wrong but shoudn't this be than the same for all servers?

I have never understood the sense of the tournament anyway. But this gives the "fun" element to much power.

To point 1) :

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15474-tournament-sign-up/?p=297357

32 Teams only cause it was easier -> (32x3 = 96) So 96 player from 10k players were involved. So everyone had a chance when only 32 teams were permitted?

So if we follow the explanation - where is the tournament for the PVE Server? The so called (and named) special event was supposed to be the only one as far as I can read from the announcement. Correct me if I'm wrong but shoudn't this be than the same for all servers?

I have never understood the sense of the tournament anyway. But this gives the "fun" element to much power.

To point 1) :

32 Teams only cause it was easier -> (32x3 = 96) So 96 player from 10k players were involved. So everyone had a chance when only 32 teams were permitted?

There have to be limits to the amount of teams otherwise it will become one giant ....fest which lasts for 6 months. (it alrdy lasted long cause of the real life of most people sometimes got in the way)

And you gonna cry about the world championships cause they dont allow more countries to participate, only 32 countries instead of the 196 official recognized states.

The tournament was ment to be fun, it became bigger than ever thought when the idea was posted.

Rewards were added by players and then the devs pitched in cause they liked the idea and the investment of the community in it.

People on the other servers are free to make a tournament for their servers, this one was for PVP1.

And the time we had 10k active players at 1 time has been never, for last 4 months the highest on pvp1 has been maybe 1400. (and is the most active server by miles)

And you are forgetting the subs for every team so 32x4=128 players.

Edited by Roelandus

There was plenty of time for anyone to come up with a team. Why didn't you bring a team ?

Interest must be come from the players. Volunteer organizers are not door-to-door salesmen nor tele-marketing departments.

from the list, 5 teams dropped out for time constraints or no communication at all.

so 37 teams of 4 players signed up

To point 1) :

You have to realise, we had 32 teams when it closed, some wanted in after entry closed which is too bad for them. Only 32 teams were permitted yes, but not many more teams were interested.

I would legit not be surprised if the devs next time would not do any rewards anymore, if even such a gesture of goodwill is perceived with the utmost negativity, i would not blame them for a second.

This topic really stains how i felt about the general atmosphere surrounding this tournament, very sad to see.

• Like 6

There have to be limits to the amount of teams otherwise it will become one giant ....fest which lasts for 6 months. (it alrdy lasted long cause of the real life of most people sometimes got in the way)

And you gonna cry about the world championships cause they dont allow more countries to participate, only 32 countries instead of the 196 official recognized states.

What you seem to not realise is, that that is the reason why there is always a preround bevore the main tournament starts.

Further I'm not crying, I just dont understand why they now make the reward higher than announced! Especially when the "only" chance is deactivated for a long time - Is this arranged to favour some players? Cause it looks like it is!

There was plenty of time for anyone to come up with a team. Why didn't you bring a team ?

Interest must be come from the players. Volunteer organizers are not door-to-door salesmen nor tele-marketing departments.

from the list, 5 teams dropped out for time constraints or no communication at all.

so 37 teams of 4 players signed up

Sure, there was plenty of time and I dont disagree here. But Hethwill it seems like you dont know that many teams did not participate cause they knew that they would not be able to get into the tournament even if some drop out. There were 7 teams on the waiting list.

I decided not to participate because I expected that we have to do one match on a set time - and I knew that I can not be there any week. That we can fight at any time we would decide was announced later on when a lot of teams already subscribed. And this was what draged out the tournament.

- So its not about "I wanted to participade, but..." No this is about changing what was announced again and again - So, if you announce something and than stay at it the full time! I know with updates this is pretty heavy and I dont espect them than, but this is not an update!

Doll it up how you want, this is nothing more than "If I can't have it, nobody else should either."

I am sadly used to the incredible selfishness on display here.

Again no! Please read, this is only about: "Give them not to mutch and stay to the announced amount" They can have one ship or two - Thats okay, they earned it - But not more!

Edited by Twig

Hello Twig,

A lot of your questions have been answerd already, but I'll go through them as well :

• Tournament could be concidered as a special event, the devs did monitor it from there end (even making a special "Mission room" for it). That being said, It is unfortunate that the other servers did not get a tournament. It was however already a LOT of work for us to organise on 1 server and I dont see how we could have found the time to make it happen on 3 servers by ourselves.
  • The tournament was indeed a "player based event", but as said just above, the Devs did support it in many ways. They monitored it to test the fighting mechanics, they sponsored it reward wise and finally they created a unique combat room named "Tournament" next to large and small battles. It is still player based, but isnt it a good thing that the Devs of a game support some community events ?
  • The tournament was open to entry for more then 3 weeks. Several teams even asked me in after tournament closure and we did manage to get them ALL in. Understand me this way : ALL teams that asked for entry eventually got in. You can ask LG team 1, BT team 1, SLRN Team 3 and Kin team 2 for exemple.
  • 32 teams, 3 rewarded... Doing the tournament "just to get a BP" is not, in my oppinion, a very effective way to manage time/reward. Team had to go through a lot of matches, lose ships, officer lives, win the matches etc... The rewards are a way to "mark the achievement" and they are well deserved concidering the route every team made.
  • I do not understand you phrase : "This is also about capriciousness". But if you a refering to the fact some people actually "proposed" at some point to change the ships for BPs, I'm affraid it has nothing to do with "capriciousness" as the Devs told us a long time aggo that the prices would be changed to BPs. We were however asked to keep it for us as they wanted it to be a surprise.
  • The exact numbers are as follow : 131 players got, at some point, entry to the tournament. Some of them quit, or simply did never answere the PMs. Others got in, did not have time to play there matches, and some played part or all of them. Add organizers and judges = 5. Streamers (not counting judges) = 4. Initial idea by Molonlabb = 1. So a total of 141 personns got involved one way or another. Theses are just the numbers, not trying to prove anything with them, only the fact it was a "big" player event (and I'm not even counting the Dev team that did help us out).

Now to say things the way I think them : I do understand this can be frustrating at some point to realise afterwards that the prices could have given you more interest in the tournament. That being said, nothing has been taken from anyone, it's only a bonus to some few that actually did a lot of efforts. It was a small competition that turned out way more time-consuming and difficult to everyone. Let's be honnest, the rewards to theses teams were very well deserved.

I wish you all the best,

Kair

• Like 7

You are correct in three things:

- would

- should

- could

Alas, it didn't.

Plus the prizes offered the community volunteers are in place, some having been delivered already.

The ones presented by Game Labs are of their responsibility alone.

I am glad we even got the time to put this together. I expect the next one to be a 100x better for I intend to participate in a team.

You really believe L'Ocean BP is going to stay a special event thing forever? They never said anything of the sorts. The patch introduced the L'Ocean BP as a special event reward, it never stated it would stay that way. Plenty of ships and BPs have been limited in their access at the beginning for various reasons including testing, before being released to the general player base. 

Also, it's less than a week from the patch, for all we know the L'Ocean BP will stay as a no drop item for 3 more days before the patch changes it into something we can get from crafting. Or it may stay rare.

Devs have done or said nothing wrong in this matter, and I think it is great of them to support player initiatives like this. They should do it more often. I would even suggest the Santa Cecilia become a reward for the Small Battle Challenge that Fellvred organises (in full knowledge I will never be able to win it there myself).

• Like 1