Game-Labs Forum

Current development plans

Hi Captains.

Here is what we are trying to deliver this year. 

1. Pre-order buyers will be invited to the sea trials soon. Those who want to help the development, will join the ranks of focus testers and will provide feedback on combat gameplay and sailing qualities of vessels in game.
  2. 4 new ships will be added to the game: Ontario and Light Brig will definitely arrive; Trincomalee, Santisima Trinidad arrival is probable, but they could be delayed by storms.
  3. Boarding combat will be added (as a simple abstraction of captain orders)
  4. Mortars will be added as a weapon and a Mortar brig will be launched
  5. Prototype untextured forts will be given to testing (light and heavy edition) 

We are also working on the:

• item system that will support loot, modules and ship captures and transfer
  • basic beta mission system to provide better incentives to participate in events and player battles
  • simple rank based progression 

Prototype open world map needs several things to be implemented before going out for testing, we believe that we can get it done before the end of the year. Initially we will be testing the map size and travel time on the open world. Current size of our Caribbean is 16 mln sq km. It currently takes 30 to 60 mins real time in the fastest ship to reach La Grenade from Guadeloupe. 

• Like 16

I'm so excited about the mortar brig. I advocated for those boats to be included early on and was ecstatic when the devs originally said they planned on having them in game but I really didn't expect to see them so soon since they are kind of single use ships. I can't wait for the open word even if its just sailing around initially.

• Like 1

I like the idea of boarding in the abstract. POTBS annoyed the crud out of me in that boarding became a function of how fast you could assassinate the other captain to capture the ship. There has to be a more historically based way to approach boarding (which is hugely important).

Really looking forward to preorder invites!

• Like 2

Aye sounds nice. Only concern me how to well balance open sea travel time...sailing from europe to india for example may be boring if not attacked on the way:)

Am I the only one who would actually prefer that long distance travel was real-time?

• Like 3

Everyone chant with me...WE WANNA SAIL  WE WANNA SAIL WE WANNA SAIL

The anticipation may either kill me or at least make life ever so miserable until I can loose some sails. Good thing I'll have a plane or two to fuel.

DX11 ooh yeah.

Need Marines for boarding.  OOOH RAH

Like Bill Medley sang, " And time...goes by... so sloooowley"

Very excited. Thankee.

Can't wait to see the Caribbean also. I'm really curious to see how much detail is going to be put into the coastline and the ports as well as any variations in the sea and wild islands. I'm all for immersion so the more detail the better for me anyway.

If it takes 30 to 60 mins real time to reach La Grenade from Guadeloupe it will be quite a haul to travel the entire Caribbean. Those of you wanting to experience lengthy voyages should be thrilled with that.

super,we get to sail the ships,im in,,what i like most about the game as seen on u tube vedios,,is that everyone has an equel chance to win,,no magic potions,,or miricle clickies to save your hide,,but shear good sailing and gunnery and it seems to come down to the one that makes less mistakes,,thats really cool

• Like 1