Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.91 - Prohibition is cancelled/Groups are fixed for full use of rum

admin

Saw very few bottles reported in chat since yesterday, and yeah RNG ...

Chances should be that a player can catch a bottle guaranteed after sailing between 30-60 hours, or even 50-100 hours, can happen after 51 hours or after 99 hours of sailing to keep it fair, or after catching between 4000-5000 fishes or something like this, keeping numbers non disclosed for players but this will guarantee that sooner or later you will get one and it will still remain something happening once in a while as supposed to be, but more fair than pure RNG that seems to be in game with some very lucky and some very unfortunate .

Between me and my brother playing 48 game hours in total 1 bottle.

Lol dev,

one sugar cost 1600 in you'r industry but only 200 in the shop

Food cost 500 in you'r industry but only 200 in the shop

for craft one rum with you'r industry that will cost you 5 K the fucking RUM

wen you craft a medikit with you'r own industry that cost you 19 K

are you crazy i mean realy crazy?

If you look closely at it, its 1600 for 4 Sugar (400 per piece // NPC price 400 (?)) and 600 Gold for 6 Food Supplies (100 per Piece // NPC Shop price being 250)

So crafting from your own production buildings would be 3200 (8x Sugar) + 2 Barrels ( roughly 500-600 Gold) for 36 Rum, making it about 106 Gold per Unit of Rum.

So actually the prices seem pretty much ok. I do not understand how you get to the conclusion of rum costing 5k in crafting and Medkits compared to the Costs of hiring crew seem pretty much balanced.

I did some maths yesterday and if i didnt mess up some numbers, a medkit medium from own ressources is about:

4000 Gold for Food Supllies (if from farm, if you do it with the (free) fish you catch and salt, its only 1000 Gold)

1060 Gold for Rum

5000 Gold for Tobacco

So 1 Medkit Medium costs about 10060 (or 7060 if done with Fish), replenishing 50 Crew Members. That compares to about 201.2 (141.2) Gold per Crew Member.

If you factor in the Labor Hours (with 100Gold/LH) needed to craft everything for it, the costs would be around 14690 (11690) Gold, coming to 293,8 (233,8) Gold per Crew Member

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Edited by Sharden
  • Like 2

Honestly I think that sounds about right.  Even generous.  The bottles should be rare and valuable and the award even more so.

And, IMO, they should not be a goal in themselves, but a nice bonus for sailing in OW, doing your regular duties such as sailing that santissima to the front line :)

Same,  after testing the few first days fishing only i returned to my normal trading, only difference is that now i don't do long trips fully loaded but I leave some space free for fish, funny stuff is that the fish i caught in a very long travel with a cutter trader paid off for all the materials i bought once at destination,

and now instead of often sailing empty to get my best speedy traders somewhere and bring my stuff i sail them with meat i made during the travel back trip, get more fish on the way and sell for the best prices while it's still possible with cities under 25k units stored, ( if lucky one bottle can drop like i had today,  1 improved mag access gold, 58 gold coins and 95 silver coins , no LH contracts ) , very nice to get some extras with fishing when doing normal trading.

Wow, the BR difference bug KILLED gameplay today.  The ability for a cutter to stop an entire fleet of 1st rates absolutely stopped any possibility of capturing ports. What a waste of time How does a patch like this, create a bug like that?  PLEASE FIX!!!

-Ski

• Like 1

Where is this noted?...can not find it only can find the 20% increase in Nat stats verse pirate in patch note.

Thanks

Dont know if it has been noted anywhere. But the 29th it was 20%, then the 30th, just after the hotfix, I looked it up in game and it was 10% (Olav Van Deng confirmed it to me that it was one of the hotfixes changes).

Alright, crew rehiring is prohibitively expensive to the point where you don't want to play this game - am I getting this right?

Here's a funny feedback on pirate vs pirate hunter.

Pirates _always_ fight nationals. Everyone else is a national. (Don't give me pirates fighting each other, we know that's just a myth).

Nationals have however 7 enemies, and only one of these enemies is a pirate.

And of course +1kn is better than +10% reload.

"hard mode". where art thou?

Edited by Quineloe

Alright, crew rehiring is prohibitively expensive to the point where you don't want to play this game - am I getting this right?

Here's a funny feedback on pirate vs pirate hunter.

Pirates _always_ fight nationals. Everyone else is a national. (Don't give me pirates fighting each other, we know that's just a myth).

Nationals have however 7 enemies, and only one of these enemies is a pirate.

And of course +1kn is better than +10% reload.

"hard mode". where art thou?

On your first point you are in fact incorrect.

The other stuff im not going to start those ancient arguments up.

Interesting that most suggestions for hardcore pirate mode comes from pirate themselves. The members that get into the closed board can attest to this.

But then brains are expected to be used and not just a drooling eyes wide open - nerf crush hardcore !!! - stance.

Interesting that most suggestions for hardcore pirate mode comes from pirate themselves. The members that get into the closed board can attest to this.

But then brains are expected to be used and not just a drooling eyes wide open - nerf crush hardcore !!! - stance.

Yeah it's so lovely that this game was sold as an early access game, chance to shape the game as it develops, and actually that happens behind a second gate ;)

On your first point you are in fact incorrect.

The other stuff im not going to start those ancient arguments up.

Can you explain? the cost of sinking in a mere surprise seems to have went up by 120k. Given an exceptional Surprise could be gotten for 240k easily, that's 60k per durability before  and now 180k after.

I'm really not seeing it.

Edited by Quineloe

I'm fairly certain the "lower" bottle drop rate is not working as intended. There are reports from British national chat (on the US PvE server) of a bottle drop every 2-3 hours for some players, and even higher for other individuals, while other players are getting none in the same time span.

Edit: At this point I can confirm the mechanic is broken. There are reports of people getting multiple bottles in a period of as little as 10 minutes, while others are getting none.

Edited by Stewart Latham
  • Like 1

I'm fairly certain the "lower" bottle drop rate is not working as intended. There are reports from British national chat (on the US PvE server) of a bottle drop every 2-3 hours for some players, and even higher for other individuals, while other players are getting none in the same time span.

Edit: At this point I can confirm the mechanic is broken. There are reports of people getting multiple bottles in a period of as little as 10 minutes, while others are getting none.

i'm one of the chosens in the club of the zero bottles , one of my clan mates get 3 ...

and i travel a lot for trading not just sitting in the sea

i'm starting to think that is a secret punishment of the devs because i get a 7 day ban in the chat xD

i'm one of the chosens in the club of the zero bottles , one of my clan mates get 3 ...

and i travel a lot for trading not just sitting in the sea

i'm starting to think that is a secret punishment of the devs because i get a 7 day ban in the chat xD

Don't feel bad. A clan mate received 6 (and counting) so far today, and I've received zero.

On the first day, I think I passed over where the ship carrying the bottles sank, I had so many, but now, the sea has washed most of them far away.

They needed dialling back, they are much more rewarding now.

Looking forward to the new fish types, we have placed (no pun intended) at least one of every type currently in game into our clan warehouse.

Can we have the choice whether we take our Officer with us or not, our clan wanted to do some "dicking around" by taking on an Epic event in cutters.

We were all laughing so hard right up until we got back to port to find our level 10 Officer had lost a life :D.

Be also nice if we could have a clan shipyard or at least clan ship storage.

We have a lot of new players and being able to store ships for when they rank into them would be real useful.

Edited by Jesters-Ink

Its not just the bottle drop rate being still extremely high for some and almost non-existent for other, its that to get a bottle needs nothing more than to sit in protected waters fishing. I've been sailing far and wide since the bottle where introduced at least 4 hours per day and only just had my first bottle drop. While others are still having so many that they are giving them away or selling them on creating significant in-balance in the game.

The game appears to need some system that could also be applied to ship blue prints. For example, the more sailing/travel XP you gain the more likely your chances are of finding a bottle. So with BP, the more ships of a certain type you craft the more likely a BP. It can still be random, but at some point in time you should be guaranteed a bottle or a BP. This doesn't mean you may get lucky and get a BP or a bottle very quickly.

This also in the main directly rewards players for doing stuff, not just sat in protected waters fishing overnight contributing nothing to the game.

• Like 1