Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.91 - Prohibition is cancelled/Groups are fixed for full use of rum

admin

Hotfix was deployed today

Whats new

• Rum blueprint added - you can now make rum
  • Groups fixed
  • Salt production increased in all ports, but please watch your blood pressure. 
  • Small medkit and repair kit production increased just in case
  • Other minor tunings in UI
  • All food related items are now in food tab in trading
  • All consumables blueprints are now in consumables tab in crafting
  • Shipwreck bonuses slightly adjusted - they will be more varied in the future and include other rare goods, letters, quests and other things
  • Sealed bottle drop rate slightly lowered - captains were not supposed to catch 2-3 bottles per day  :)
  • Like 23

Now, I guess Pirates are going to become the "Ultimate-Expert-Level" fraction they're supposed to be. But there's still some way to go.

That's the entire point of the discussion. Can be done without introducing AI pillows to the other factions :)

• Like 2

That's the entire point of the discussion. Can be done without introducing AI pillows to the other factions :)

oh and without make it impossible to win just becorse the other guy get 20 % more firepower as pressent ... that is not making pirate ultra expert ... it makes it ultra broken

• Like 6

Now, I guess Pirates are going to become the "Ultimate-Expert-Level" fraction they're supposed to be. But there's still some way to go.

i guess what you whant to say ... is they are not nerfed to death enough .... what is left to go ... give pirates boats without sails ... to make it fair for you ?

are you realy that crappy as player?

Silly.

Friend of mine was sailing for arround 2h and got 4 or 5 bottles.

I was sailing for almost 5 hours and get none.

I hate RNG as its always bad for me. It was already screwed with low amount of modules droping from fleet missions, but @ fishing ... oh men thats another dimension!

• Like 2

Silly.

I hate RNG as its always bad for me. It was already screwed with low amount of modules droping from fleet missions, but @ fishing ... oh men thats another dimension!

chance is the same for everyone Captain. 

to make it feel rare it must be based on chance ?

otherwise the rewards must be nerfed and it will feel meh then

• Like 5

chance is the same for everyone Captain. 

to make it feel rare it must be based on chance ?

otherwise the rewards must be nerfed and it will feel meh then

I simply hate RNG.

Yesterday i experienced it fully. 5 bottles in 1.5h vs none in 5h. Chance same for everyone? Hell yeah.

RNG ? every1 has the some chance not to win the lottery :)

How to avoid it ? Most other MMO's have daily freebies, to reward the player for daily log-in. These increase in quality, eg in one game I play i get 50 coins day 1, 100 day 2....nice reward day 6, even better day 7, rinse repeat again with day 1

Why not install this here and throw in a bottle on 1 of the days and maybe even a BP ?

more serious issues:

Fleet.

1) One should be able to use existing ships, with their upgrades and cannons ! If those would cause unbalance, why not just deactivate them, while the ship is in a fleet ? Right now i would have to either destroy th permanent upgrades in my ships to use them as fleet or I would have to craft new ones...

2) Haven't tested small fleet ships yet, but the fleet AI is helpless when using large ones. I went into battle on an Ingermanland myself + Bellona as fleet, the Bellona didnt do more than 1 broadside while i did 5, it missed most shots and after the first salvo failed to close in again.

As of now, a Bellona is useless for fleet.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

Silly.

same for me , all the day fishing 0 bottles

now i never gonna get one the RNG hates me too xD

• Like 2

but fleets... well... that's the biggest issue.

luckily for us players the patch dealt with one of the issues the devs told us would never happen: Position :)

Time for the next big " will never happen" I guess: server based balance. PvE simply is a different thing than PvP. Fleets should work different , too. Same goes for the AI fleets. Those mega AI fleets with more firepower in one of them than the entire playerbase justnever made the slightest sense on PvE server.

sure. 6 points are 6 points, but fleets... well... that's the biggest issue.

Problem is only one.

People hate AI fleets during big fights. But on the other hand solo players want to have some kind of support, and AI fleets are good in doing that.

What should be done is:

- if you join party, automatically loose fleet ( it stays in port etc )

- if you join battle where are players you cant use ai ( they leave battle )

- if people inside battle are 1 vs 1 + their ai fleets, the side which you are joining are loosing AI support ( they leave battle ).

That way traders have some kind of possibility to defend agains solo hunters ( it still cost a lot if you loose your own ships/crew ) and doesnt stop hunter of neglecting enemy AI fleet with his own. Also party have big adventage against solo player + AI fleet, but doesnt leave solo player alone vs 2,3,4 enemies ... which can be frustrating. And compared to earlier fleets ITS NOT FOR FREE! Just sink his ai.

That should bring good balance in my opinion. Win, win for both sides :)

• Like 2