Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.68

admin

I think it just depends on if we still keep the inflated hull capacities for TLynx, TCutter, TBrig, and TSnows.

Also, with how many commerce raiders are using Snows and Surprises, something like the Gros will really give the traders a chance at an honest fight back.

Will it be used? I wager to the exclusion of TBrigs and TSnows.

Diversity of Traders Ships sailing around can only be achieved by "forced design" I reckon.

Why should I take a small trader ship to do the time consuming trading?

For instance, only a Trader Lynx could carry GOLD.

But that makes everything a bit unrealistic....

Nice changes!

That said, my Constitution still needs 450 crew, my Trinc still says it needs 325 crew, and my Belle Poule still looks like it requires 280.  We sure the crew requirement tweak updated? 

Hello Captains

New patch has been deployed

What's new

• New ship added: Le Gros Ventre - I guess the biggest question is ... can it enter shallow/deep water port battles ? :D
  • New ship added: Ingermanland - With the current ranks and free 3rd rades up for cap seems kind of without a place, but meh more ships is more ships i guess

Fixed bugs

• Battle spawns fixed - joining ships no longer can spawn closer or even ahead of you if you are being attacked. 
  • AI marines fixed - they gave no bonuses to the AI ship causing easy wins in boarding

Tuning

• Crew requirements slightly reduced for frigates and higher
  • Cannon crew requirements slightly reduced as well - For all cannons/carronades or just cannons ? 
  • Light ship planking integrity increased for all vessels up to a brig
  • Surprise speed slightly increased
  • Frigate speed slightly increased

Edited by Ledinis

Nice changes!

That said, my Constitution still needs 450 crew, my Trinc still says it needs 325 crew, and my Belle Poule still looks like it requires 280.  We sure the crew requirement tweak updated? 

Should have specified it's the crew required for manning the sails, not the total number of crew.

Thanks for the answer,

I do hope that the devs add an additional rank between post captain (350 crew) and flag captain (650 crew) or just rework the quantity of crew for each rank.

It's already a shame that there is so few people using 4th rate like the Constitution because of that gap, and I would hate to see such a beautiful vessel such as the ingermanland having the same fate. (even tho the new crew system slightly increased the quantity of undercrewed Constitution).

Hi Admin,

Thankyou for your reply to Nayld's post but i feel you missed the point of it.

With the jump in crew from 350 to 650 we face a issue with logical ship choices, at 350 crew rank you normally Sail a trinc unless you decide to under-crew a connie which is suboptimal. then at 650 crew the logical option is to get a 3rd rate.

this leave the Connie and new Ingermanland in limbo when levelling. Yes these ships will get used as they look great etc but during the levelling process or when trying to get the most out of your rank its not ideal.

Some of the earlier ranks could be more spaced out re crew numbers or perhaps to give ships a trade off you could make crew cost X amount per man or the crew get a cut of the kill money (more crew less profit ). So there is a reason to sail smaller boats.

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 1

Diversity of Traders Ships sailing around can only be achieved by "forced design" I reckon.

Easy.  You do it with cost of construction, required rank, hull capacity, and speed on the OS and in battle.

Tlynx: smallest hull, fastest on OS, good running up wind, Cheap, small crew

Tcutter: slightly larger hull, second fastest on OS, good up wind, cheap, small crew

Tbrig: Larger hull, 3rd fastest on os, good running at 90, fairly cheap, med crew

Tsnow, Larger hull, 4th fastest on os, good running at 120, mid range cost,  mid crew, rear guns, top deck guns on side

New hotness, largest hull, slower on OS, good running at 180, more expensive, requires decent sized crew, semi armed for a fighting chance against Mercs and smaller

Hi Admin,

Thankyou for your reply to Nayld's post but i feel you missed the point of it.

With the jump in crew from 350 to 650 we face a issue with logical ship choices, at 350 crew rank you normally Sail a trinc unless you decide to under-crew a connie which is suboptimal. then at 650 crew the logical option is to get a 3rd rate.

this leave the Connie and new Ingermanland in limbo when levelling. Yes these ships will get used as they look great etc but during the levelling process or when trying to get the most out of your rank its not ideal.

Some of the earlier ranks could be more spaced out re crew numbers or perhaps to give ships a trade off you could make crew cost X amount per man or the crew get a cut of the kill money (more crew less profit ). So there is a reason to sail smaller boats.

yep that's what I had in mind.

I would like the dev to add an additional rank between flag and post captain.

So instead of going from 350 to 650 crew in one go and literally skipping the Constitution and the Ingermanland,

Something like : 350 crew -> 500 crew -> 650 crew would work wonder as a temporary solution until you guys can find something better.

Tho I would be very pleased if we ever reach the day where we would have enough vessel in the game to make exclusive ships for each faction like admin hinted.

Edited by Nalyd
  • Like 2

Tuning

• Crew requirements slightly reduced for frigates and higher
  • Cannon crew requirements slightly reduced as well
  • Light ship planking integrity increased for all vessels up to a brig
  • Surprise speed slightly increased
  • Frigate speed slightly increased

Has anyone confirmed for crew on frigates as well as cannon crew?

I haven't noticed any difference though, ty!

The number of frigates actually can support national ships somewhat to an extent

(for example - constitution is US only, trincomalee is british/french only, etc)

Love you for considering my proposal "restrict some ships to a specific nation" !

Even if the community would cry in the beginning, I think in the long run you benefit.

Has anyone confirmed for crew on frigates as well as cannon crew?

I haven't noticed any difference though, ty!

For my Bellona,

My sailing crew went from 210 to 160

and my gun crew went from ~750 to 630

so yeah, very nice improvement especially with my marines

• Like 1

Thank you for adding new content to the game. I hope you all had a happy Easter.

Will the new larger NPC trading ships actually carry more cargo on them than a dingy? Right now it's a joke to capture a Snow trader and find only 35 wine. Hoping new NPC cargo ships actually have cargo on them.

Thank you. 

We could do it closer to release

It is indeed a shame. But until rank requires you to sail certain ships it is hard to achieve, people will choose ships that let you perform better at sea skipping all others.

We do not have ideas yet on how to do it without "forced by design"

The number of frigates actually can support national ships somewhat to an extent

(for example - constitution is US only, trincomalee is british/french only, etc)

So? Let them. They're having fun by sailing the ships that they want to sail. (Especially compared to a game like World of Tanks, where you often have to play vehicles you don't like before you can finally get the one you want to play.) And since the point of a game is usually to have fun playing it, well...

Because in an area with known commerce raiding squadrons,  the Lynx and Cutter will be far safer to sail than a brig or snow if you happen to run into one of those squadrons. 

• Like 1