Game-Labs Forum

Teleport cooldown - driving players out of the game

I still think, players should be able to book a passage from any freetown towards any freetown at any time. It will do the game something good, regarding PvP, PvE and it will stop the inflation, cause it can be a huge money sink.

TPing between outposts at any time or with a low cooldown would be OP in my opinion.

Agree with this, good middle ground...

• Like 2

I still think, players should be able to book a passage from any freetown towards any freetown at any time. It will do the game something good, regarding PvP, PvE and it will stop the inflation, cause it can be a huge money sink.

TPing between outposts at any time or with a low cooldown would be OP in my opinion.

But that would just incentivize players to make outposts in free towns for most of the time, and lead to awful TP -> Buy cutter -> Sail for 10 min -> Scrap cutter loop...

I am playing for 2 months and I kinda like OW travels. If there were whales and dolhpins and sharks it would be more awesome than it actually is. :D

I think the compromise is needed. 2 hours per teleport and no teleporting with cargo inside is fine IMO. Limitless teleports will do mess in PB too. Imagine whole clan teleporting to 1 outpost, buying flag, going for the battle and instantly teleporting to another flag. I do not like it. 

But that would just incentivize players to make outposts in free towns for most of the time, and lead to awful TP -> Buy cutter -> Sail for 10 min -> Scrap cutter loop...

So what? Or is this game designed as a complete "lifetimesink" for its customers? I think for most of the players it is no fun, to watch 3h at a ship sailing and not beein able to interact with the game at all.

Teleport reduction but not on free towns or we will have an instant reward to those that want to conquer the entire map

How so?

Teleport only between freetowns without any cargo / ship. So if you arrive you still have no ship there, except you have stored one. For storing one you have to sail there at least once.

How so?

Teleport only between freetowns without any cargo / ship. So if you arrive you still have no ship there, except you have stored one. For storing one you have to sail there at least once.

Why? You can tp there and buy an outpost o-O No need to sail there.

So what? Or is this game designed as a complete "lifetimesink" for its customers? I think for most of the players it is no fun, to watch 3h at a ship sailing and not beein able to interact with the game at all.

I am not against faster TP, I am against fast TP only between freetowns. I see that as even worse time sing than what we have now, as you are forced to get rid of your ship and sail in a basic cutter.

Why? You can tp there and buy an outpost o-O No need to sail there.

I am not against faster TP, I am against fast TP only between freetowns. I see that as even worse time sing than what we have now, as you are forced to get rid of your ship and sail in a basic cutter.

So you have an outpost, but still no ship in there.

So were it the big difference between TPing only between FTs and only between Outposts?

So you have an outpost, but still no ship in there.

So were it the big difference between TPing only between FTs and only between Outposts?

It changes nothing in enemy waters (except for the fact you don't have to SAIL there, EVER!) and it makes friendly waters a hassle, since you need to take a cutter to get to your outposts where you keep your stuff, THEN you need to switch to a trader ship and do the trade run itself. TP -> cutter route -> jump ships -> trade route. One step too many that adds nothing but a pointless time sink that forces player into a ship that si going to get scrapped at destination anyway. It makes no sense.

Teleport with cargo should be removed (but again - we know many crafters will stop crafting because of that). 

But teleport from outpost to outpost could be faster.

If it would be possible to send a trade ship on "autopilot" using NPC mechanics, then player traders wouldn't be required to manually sail long boring voyages over and over again. And it would put those cargo ships back into the open world, giving players in smaller ships something more meaningful to do (in an RVR and PVP sense) than the current "grind PVE so you can level up" meta which is IMHO even more boring than sailing long voyages.

If that (autopilot to replace ship teleport) could be implemented, then I think you could significantly reduce if not completely eliminate the cooldown on player teleport (i.e. between outposts).

Yeah I know about this possibility. But still why do you want people to waste their lifetime? Whats the sense of forcing them to watch pixels moving up and down for hours?

PLEASE, start reading my posts BEFORE you answer. Like honestly.

PS. For reasons mentioned, freetown-tp as opposed to outpost-tp wastes more time in worse manner. So yeah. Smooth.

Yeah I know about this possibility. But still why do you want people to waste their lifetime? Whats the sense of forcing them to watch pixels moving up and down for hours?

No one has answered this question, ever, I think.

Why are you traveling for hours if you don't want to?

Are traders rly forced to sail for that long and if yes why? I've just started crafting but as far as I see it I don't have to sail long distances at all.. Back in potbs, however, I was forced to sail from bridgetown to mexico regularly in my san mateo because of the available resources which differ from port to port..

My view on this, as previously posted in another thread:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12031-open-world-has-me-about-to-call-uncle-on-this-game/page-5#entry215219

In summary, I think we should actually remove teleports, but facilitate living on a moving front-line.

Right now the game is in a weird state where it's too inconvenient (and boring) trying to live on the front-line but a single 4 hour teleport doesn't do enough to facilitate finding and staying with the fun.

Teleport and cooldown should be divided imo

• Existing: Teleport from outpost to outpost (without ship) - 3h CD
  • Existing: Teleport to capital (with ship) - 1H CD
  • New: Teleport from Regional capital to Regional capital (without ship) - 4H CD
Edited by LethaK Maas

In summary, I think we should actually remove teleports, but facilitate living on a moving front-line.

Right now the game is in a weird state where it's too inconvenient (and boring) trying to live on the front-line but a single 4 hour teleport doesn't do enough to facilitate finding and staying with the fun.

So you have to choose to either craft, produce, trade or go to war. Cannot do a bit of all, not allowed, too much fun.

Playing with friends? FORGET IT! GO TO WORK ON THE FRONTLINE INSTEAD!

GG, game dead ^^'

• Like 1

I agree we need a shorter teleport.  however, teleporting with cargo has to go.  Open sea speed does need to go up.

my suggestion would be a 2 hour teleport with a 15%-20% increase in open sea speed.  just enough open sea speed to shorten those long trading hauls while keeping the size of the world big.

sure we could end up going 25-28 knots on the OS.  is that really that bad?

or upgrades that make your ship go faster on the OS.  that could help.

Back when we had unlimited character teleports I could fight. Teleport. Get stuff. Move stuff (yes, actual sailing). Craft. Teleport back to action hotspots.

I enjoyed it very much.

With that system I still had to sail an hour or so to get all the stuff for a big ship.

We did have fighting ships ready "all over the map" but to me that's more fighting and that is what I primarily want from this game. We still have to grind and craft grind terribly to be able to put golden stuff "all over the map".

• Like 3

I agree we need a shorter teleport.  however, teleporting with cargo has to go.  Open sea speed does need to go up.

my suggestion would be a 2 hour teleport with a 15%-20% increase in open sea speed.  just enough open sea speed to shorten those long trading hauls while keeping the size of the world big.

sure we could end up going 25-28 knots on the OS.  is that really that bad?

or upgrades that make your ship go faster on the OS.  that could help.

Bro, did you read the whole post?

Even if I liked faster speed, I can imagine that it just looks horrible. If you carefully look at the animation,

the ships are already going like "speed-boats".

Increasing travelling spped not possible + world shrink not possible = if u still want faster gameplay in any category, than it is

another gameplay or teleport to be adjusted...other options are out....

sure we could end up going 25-28 knots on the OS. is that really that bad?

or upgrades that make your ship go faster on the OS. that could help.

Like others already have said; we've tried it and it was terrible.

I vote for ease of teleport for quality of life and not silly speeds or magical OW speed mods

• Like 1