Game-Labs Forum

Why are some players threatening to quit if their is a wipe?

Maybe, maybe not.  Now that drops are tied to crafting level and crafting note use, I continually get Mercury Blue Prints when I am crafting gold Navy Brigs that I give the blueprints away for free.  Surely it is the same with other ships?  P.s.  I'm like like 36, 37, or around there, so I'm crafting way below my level.

What about just keeping what's in your Capital, ressources, boats, industries etc... that would be great !

Hopefully XP, both in Crafting and Fighting at a minimum.

But anyway, whatever Dev. decides, I'm good with it, not a big deal.

No Reasons to Panic or be frustrated over it  ;)

Well. I find it hard to believe that one can keep all outposts and buildings if there is a port wipe. And if the outposts go, so will the ships. So even if the developer says that a wipe of outposts and ships are uncertain I simply count on that. It is very logical that they will be wiped at least once.

All developers of games do these things in early access. Most often with compensation in gold and in other ways  for the wiped stuff. Which I think will be the case here too. They compensated us that played before Early access so I think something similar will happen again.

On the other hand such things like blueprints and gold MIGHT be safe, because it is not tied to outposts and stuff. I hardly think ships in capital is safe though, most of us have our best ships somewhere else than the capital. So it would be unfair. My main naval bases are Vieques and Ile La vache at the moment.

XP is safe, crafting as well as rank XP. That is good. But the levels might be a bit adjusted, I count on that too.

/T 

I bought into this game knowing what I'm getting and wipes are planned/possible

Personally I think a wipe should be total Ships, Money, Ports, Outpost, XP in fact everything goes totally back to zero.

I read a lot about the 'GRIND' to me a grind is something that is unpleasant but necessary, I don't find any aspects of this game 'unpleasant' (if You do, why are you here).

Just use this 'Early Access' as a practice round and enjoy your gaming.

We have beautiful Ships and a big wide ocean to explore, what more could you want?

• Like 1

I bought into this game knowing what I'm getting and wipes are planned/possible

Personally I think a wipe should be total Ships, Money, Ports, Outpost, XP in fact everything goes totally back to zero.

I read a lot about the 'GRIND' to me a grind is something that is unpleasant but necessary, I don't find any aspects of this game 'unpleasant' (if You do, why are you here).

Just use this 'Early Access' as a practice round and enjoy your gaming.

We have beautiful Ships and a big wide ocean to explore, what more could you want?

Well congrats, your only of the only few that will stick around after having hours on hours wiped away.

I will stick around, and have capping ships, doing trade runs to slowly get the mats to build my next boat and hope for a BP drop. I will enjoy sailing the highest level ship I can cap or build. They wipe all my outposts , gold and assets I will start over.

I deal with life and many times death in my career. This is a game, you just have to keep a proper perspective.

Im not going anywhere and to be perfectly honest everyone ive talked to that eithet came from or went to pvp1 says the environment is toxic AF and not polite like pvp2. Given that almost every single person here in the forums with the give me this or change that or i quit attitude is also from pvp1 makes me think its true.

All that has me more concerned than losing fake gold so in my way of thinking if the trouble makers all quit because of a wipe its a good thing. Nothing makes my friends or i stop playing a game quicker than people intentionally causing misery.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

Well congrats, your only of the only few that will stick around after having hours on hours wiped away.

Seems more like you are one of the few that are expecting all virtual assets gained in an early access / alpha stage to be yours forever.  I would say your opinion is in the minority.

I do not see why so many people are advocating for a complete wipe of XP as well.

What exactly does that accomplish even if this game were to release tomorrow? If the XP grind stays somewhat similar, dedicated players will still be sailing around in Ships of the Line within a few months and we'll be exactly where we are again. The developers have time and again stated that XP won't be wiped, and frankly for testing purposes this has proved useful as it provides an incentive for people to stick around even as they wipe assets consistently. XP is the most difficult resource in this game to obtain (or perhaps the most boring/repetitive) which usually only exists as a boundary for newer players not to be immediately thrust into a massive PvP battle and have no idea what to do as a 3rd Rate.

I'm fine with losing things such as a gold, resources, etc. but as someone else eloquently put it, "Touch my xp and I'mma cut you."

soft wipe it as many times as you want to for all i care, BUT allow us solo hunters who dont care for building or the boring capturing to do missions from the start again whit the lowest order rank avalible so we can actualy make some gold to buy back the ships we lost.

you simply cant take on master and commander orders in a basic cutter whit no gold to buy a Surprise..........(no, capturing a ship is not the solution, mutch more fun to sink everything that floats.)

Edited by Nitefrost

And what will you do when you reached the top of everything?

Just keep on doing the same stuff all the time amassing more gold or start again from scratch?

I know what I'd rather do.

Ahoy ye sailors

I came, I read and I despair.

When it is decided to officially launch this game a full and complete wipe of everything "must" or "should" be done.

Those in here and everywhere else on this forum complaining about this or that, threatening with this or that, doom or nay saying this game are the reason why so many MMO's/RPG's eventually fail.

You did not have the thought, nor the money to bring forth this concept and nice play arena, i.e. cool game and yet here you are running yer mouth off like you own it.

If this was a single player based game you would, after you bought it, played with what was there to play with, either enjoying it  or not.

Where here you are provided with the opportunity [they don't need to have yer input] to partake in the future development of this nice game with providing constructive criticism and or suggestions to have this game become the sailing game which will set the new trend for games of this nature to come.

A full and complete wipe of everything is the only fair option for all, i.e. for those of us who have been so lucky to have had the opportunity to play it before others, who will also take out the same amount off money to acquire this game, as we did and are also entitled to enter into this beautiful arena on a level playing field, having everything up for grabs.

The ones crying about this in my mind are those who are afraid that I'll loose everything and not the one who has the biggest ship first or can craft at lvl so and so and claim to be king or what not, will it ever stop?

Sure we are here and we are early !!! and we are trying to help make this the best game, so if ye be so kind would you mind in graciously providing us when it really begins, with some small incentive to look forward too, say it be a special kind of small ship or extra gold to start us off with or whatever ye decide would suffice.

Know this, we will be back and we will be sailing on the open sea and we are coming with cannons loaded, so watch where ye turn we gonna rake yer stern.

Yours truly

Sir Oliver Tressillian

May yer anchor be tight, yer cork be loose, yer rum be spiced, yer compass be true and may yer guns be loaded for the problem is not the problem, the problem is yer attitude about the problem.

• Like 1