Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

22 April (1798) 1453 In early hours of the morning, Byzantine (French and Spanish) were shocked and horrified when they saw Ottoman (British) galleys moving down on the hills of the harbor. Seventy ships carried by cows and balanced by hundreds of soldiers via ropes were slid over slipways. By the afternoon, the ships were inside the well protected bay. The surprise appearance of the (British) Ottoman fleet in the bay created panic among residents of Constantinople (Corrientes ). The wall on the shore of the Golden Horn became a vulnerable spot and some of the Byzantine forces were moved there. This weakened the defense of the land walls - See more at: http://www.greatistanbul.com/conquest.html#sthash.MFYtcqEV.dpuf

Just been reading about it myself.

Edited by Edward the Black
  • Like 1

Beat me to it Wang and I am 100% sure that if it was the French or Spanish trying to plant that flag they too would have planted it over land.

It was Costly night for the British nation that's for sure but let's have some more fun tonight fighting our way through two nations to get to ports really makes for fun times.

We will learn from our mistakes tonight I hope but then who knows we might again give the flag to some noob player who does not understand the words leave the battle or stay in the big red brick or stay in the blob.

Beat me to it Wang and I am 100% sure that if it was the French or Spanish trying to plant that flag they too would have planted it over land.

So you are acknowledging the blatant use of an exploit to get the port? This means that even having superior numbers, more players with experience, better ships, you still need to use an exploit to get the port? Am I reading this right?

Yesterday there was a thread calling us exploiters because the ports were handed to the french. So yeah, hypocrisy here is somewhere between Conil and Saturn.

• Like 6

The thing is, even though the spanish have used this same "exploit" to attack corrientes when it was british they did not report it, but as soon as we use it back against them, its like Thats not allowed, that's a exploit, why you using Exploits, whine whine whine.

Weather it is a exploit or not, its not needed in this topic, secondly if your country used it first then don't bloody complain if it gets used back, thirdly Does it really matter what happens outside of a port, i thought the main thing that counts is the 25 ships on both sides that are within the actual battle itself.

I didn't like the planting of the flag where it was planted but unfortunately the game allows it so people will do it. just like the game allowed the flipping backwards and forwards of ports making them invincible. Corrientes has been attacked (when it was British defending) using exactly the same method before (look at the map to see why it happened there too). the more each side uses the rules to the maximum, the more the other side will respond doing the same. you are complaining that we set 4am timers but look at mosquito cay and Serrana. the danes have done the same to us. the danes are on your side. we cannot use the same methods our enemies use against us? where is your anger and disgust with your allies? we are only using the tricks that are used against us.

Yesterday we had an alt account used against us to cause the capture of mosquito cay, we cant prove it so its not in the tribunal but you guys can forget this idea that Britain is behaving worse than anyone else. what we didn't in this case isn't 'nice' and I don't approve of it but we get the same and worse done to us. using this as an excuse to come on here and brand all british players and the entire nation in general with whatever insults you choose is childish and unfair.

This anti-British stuff has to stop, its going to ruin the game for all of us.

It was an epic evening of fighting, the port battle was SOO close. the screening fights were great and you guys did a great job stopping most of the flag carriers. it was a lot of fun, don't ruin it with this petty nonsense. you may not like what the british are doing to survive but EXACTLY the same and WORSE is done to us. so try not to be biased eh?

• Like 3

The thing is, even though the spanish have used this same "exploit" to attack corrientes when it was british they did not report it, but as soon as we use it back against them, its like Thats not allowed, that's a exploit, why you using Exploits, whine whine whine.

Weather it is a exploit or not, its not needed in this topic, secondly if your country used it first then don't bloody complain if it gets used back, thirdly Does it really matter what happens outside of a port, i thought the main thing that counts is the 25 ships on both sides that are within the actual battle itself.

Are u serious or just.... ? All the outside tag tactic and blocus are important too ! If you want just 25vs25 ship go on WoWs 

• Like 1

It hugely matters what happens outside of the port. One of the main ways to prevent a Port capture is to blockade the port and intercept the flag. This tactic seems to have circumvented the blockading fleet. Thus it has been used to deny the Spanish/French a stage of their defence.

So you are acknowledging the blatant use of an exploit to get the port? This means that even having superior numbers, more players with experience, better ships, you still need to use an exploit to get the port? Am I reading this right?

Yesterday there was a thread calling us exploiters because the ports were handed to the french. So yeah, hypocrisy here is somewhere between Conil and Saturn.

Migui, the hypocrisy is from you I am afraid, since the Spanish invented this trick and used it on us FIRST. do you see the irony of what you said?

Just stop it guys, you all turn a blind eye to 'unfair' things that the Spanish and danes use against us but the second we do anything similar you say we are the worst people on earth. its pathetic.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

You all read it the only thing that counts is the port battle and some people thinks that everything is acceptable as long as it benefits them.

Sooner rather than later they will realize that trust is more important than winning a battle.

It is pristine clear that for some people everything is valid in order to achieve their objectives.

Even if this means using exploits.

• Like 1

Migui, the hypocrisy is from you I am afraid, since the Spanish invented this trick and used it on us FIRST. do you see the irony of what you said?

Just stop it guys, you all turn a blind eye to 'unfair' things that the Spanish and danes use against us but the second we do anything similar you say we are the worst people on earth. its pathetic.

You have the balls to call people hypocrite when yesterday you went to cry to the tribunal only to be roflstomped in the most hilarious way and today here you are supporting the use of an exploit.

If you are against exploits then go and report that one.

I know you will never do that. Because it is not to favor yourself. So please is the future refrain from throwing around tantrums or morality lessons.

I hate people who utilizes exploits because they ruin the game even if in short term it benefits you.

Edited by Migui
  • Like 2

You have the balls to call people hypocrite when yesterday you went to cry to the tribunal only to be roflstomped in the most hilarious way and today here you are supporting the use of an exploit.

If you are against exploits then go and report that one.

I know you will never do that. Because it is not to favor yourself. So please is the future don't try to throw around tantrums or morality lessons.

I hate people who utilizes exploits because they ruin the game even if in short term it benefits you.

I have the balls because it is true, the Spanish invented this trick, and I am not supporting it as I said I didn't like that it was used. but your side invented it for use against us, something you are conveniently ignoring eh?

And I wasn't roflstomped in the tribunal, I got exactly the result I wanted you muppet. I know none of you actualy read what I said, that was clear from the stupid comments that the mods deleted. I asked if the method of port flipping back and forwards was allowed and the devs said it was not. of course it couldn't be proved this time but they made it clear you couldn't continue doing it. perfect result. I wanted to prevent it being used any more and it was. I really think you need to read more carefully.

So going back to the topic you are avoiding why is it ok for the Spanish to invent an exploit to use against the british, but not for us to use it afterwards? you say you hate exploiters, why don't you talk to the Spanish captain who invented it? it is you having a tantrum and trying to give a morality lesson here friend.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

This is all so pathetic. When your alliances uses timers, exploits and outright cheating against us you ignore it. its all ok, its the British that are bad and deserve to be destroyed.

but when the British use the SAME game mechanics suddenly we are cheats and the worst people on earth.

I suppose you are allowed to be unfair to defeat us but we are not allowed to do anything to defend outselves. fair right?

So childish. 

wtf? Yesterday I was right next to the fleet of ships alongside and disappeared Conil all their ships before me and more players, when they sail into port

Adrian, google translate is not very good and i dont understand what you are saying. i was in the fleet at Conil and i do not understand the problem. there was no cheating, how could we? 

Je parlais Francais un peu, dit en francais et je pourrais comprendre

maybe it was when we were dragged into a battle by the spanish?

There is no way for us to dissapear ships, the game does not allow this. you cannot cheat it because it is all done on the server.

i really don't understand what you mean or what the problem is. please talk to a mod or something. it is just a misunderstanding from you because we dont have some magic to make ships dissapear.

Edited by JCDC

It is a stretch caling it a 'exploit'

Did you see a single British player complaining when it was done to corrientes?  Show me a thread or a single post about it.  It was done MULTIPLE times to corrientes, and to counter it we just moved our screening fleet to prevent it from being planted from behind.  We adapted, we didnt come to the forums to complain about it.

The fact that the range to plant the flag goes past some stretches of land is a oversight from developers on certain ports.  It isnt a 'exploit'

To come on and complain about it after it has been used by those same people is rich....

• Like 1