Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix - 9.66 - Changing changes + some other things

admin

The 20% reduction in resources has me concerned but I will wait to see it play out. I really don't like the idea of going to 100% player controlled because everyone will have their buildings near home ports. That discourages people taking long trading trips to potentially hazardous areas.

Seriously, this needs to be addressed.  I currently see no reason for a nation regardless of size not to have entire production of both ships and resources occur in the capital and a few surrounding ports once we go 100% player driven, and I suspect if players don't shift that way, it will only be because of legacy decisions (that will correct following a wipe).  A small nation should be able to supply their needs that way, a large nation should not.

(Or correct me if I'm wrong and a given port cannot have an infinite number of player production facilities for a given resource available at that port.)

• Like 1

Seriously, this needs to be addressed.  I currently see no reason for a nation regardless of size not to have entire production of both ships and resources occur in the capital and a few surrounding ports once we go 100% player driven, and I suspect if players don't shift that way, it will only be because of legacy decisions (that will correct following a wipe).  A small nation should be able to supply their needs that way, a large nation should not.

(Or correct me if I'm wrong and a given port cannot have an infinite number of player production facilities for a given resource available at that port.)

all games have npc economy balancers even eve. Players just don't see them.

If you were paying that before your an idiot. Oak logs cost 35g on average. However the sell prices are easy 75g+ at the right port, and if you look closely there is almost always a consumption port within a 15 minute trip.

Even though i did exaggerate a bit. I would expect the median oak log price to be 100-120g. Anything less and it would be sold to a NPC port as a consumption trade good. Additionally producing 1500 a day is dumb as hell. Unless you have intentions of it being a purely money making opportunity. In which case more power to you.

However, the reason this wont happen in the long term, if the player is smart, is because he wont be able to get high level ships if he doesn't partner with a ship builder. Because ships cost so many gross labor hours to produce. It effectively means gold is effectively useless. The real currency of this game is labor hours. Spending them in this fashion isn't smart.

The only possible exception to this would be from a high population nation. Which in theory has enough people producing goods to keep a market going. Ala bet at a much more expensive rate. Though i can tell you right now on pvp2. The only nation this might be true for is the US.

No, I was not paying those prices.  I buy from a port that sells for 50, and still sells for 50.

Anything less and it would be sold to a NPC port as a consumption trade good

Not the case.

Additionally producing 1500 a day is dumb as hell. Unless you have intentions of it being a purely money making opportunity. In which case more power to you.

I'm a shipbuilder, not a resource producer. I am telling you what a lvl 50 crafter said he can do.  That is 1500 live oak to be specific.

What you are failing to realize and keep ignoring from the admin, that the econ is a work in progress.

what people also forget is that economy part of the game is 1 year younger compared to combat.

most importantly because its Early access - and the search continues - economy might even get cut out of the final game. No need to keep things that suck if they suck for everyone.

I guess - we love it!

Economy gives the game another great aspect. Every aspect of a game is basically a time-sink. It just has to be fun to make a great game. An economy doesn't need to be completely player driven. The game-world has NPCs and they should be allowed to live and prosper as well^^.

what people also forget is that economy part of the game is 1 year younger compared to combat.

most importantly because its Early access - and the search continues - economy might even get cut out of the final game. No need to keep things that suck if they suck for everyone.

OMG Bless you for your kind words. 

Remember: the more options in the game, the more ppl you will have.

Give ppl options. 

Long time to build ships of the line was one of the most common player request.

ps. I went to a certain school on the East Coast ;)

It sure is!!! Thank you devs!!! Ships are much go easy to build at the moment but it's getting better. May I suggest looking at additional resources for exceptional ships? No body will craft a basic or common sol when it's only an extra 80k to make it exceptional. Exceptional 1st rate should be double the time and resources of a basic 1st rate.

Great hotfix yet again. Since the 'release' of the player-driven economy I have been loving the game more and more. The economy really adds another dimension to game. We all know that the economy is very 'raw' at the moment, but we can see that it is going in the right direction with these patches.

Keep it up and thank you all for your great work.

• Like 1

Agreed. This is an early access, experiment in progress. Time, and many tweaks will tell.

It's such a gorgeous game already, even with the temporary UI placeholders like the port screens, I think people forget this is Early Access.

Go, Go Devs! The open comms between you and the player community will get us there in time.

Any confirmed date when the new ships will be implemented?

Did you read any of the posts on this page? One was ninja added today. The devs seem to like adding things without announcement for players to discover, which makes it even more fun ;)

• Like 1