Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Interestingly, it was not a big mouth when the Danes defeated you in one city .....

I am sure , u probably again attack , in LATE night again.... pffff. and when u defeated in PB ?! u guys hiding in battle sreen, and LOG OUT ! u "brave" sweden...

Can you pass the salt please?

Interestingly, it was not a big mouth when the Danes defeated you in one city .....

I am sure , u probably again attack , in LATE night again.... pffff. and when u defeated in PB ?! u guys hiding in battle sreen, and LOG OUT ! u "brave" sweden...

Them tears be salty ;)

Wouldn't go as far as calling it a big mouth. Rather being proud of what we've achieved so far.

Not much news from the Dutch side of the front, other than I heard Hugo van Groijt is going to deliver a fine Hugo Republic Shipyard Constitution riddled with eggs and chickens to Jo van Dekker tomorrow; Sounds like fake to me: eggs from a chicken. After some fact finding, Hugo claimed that the bunny was roasted last week in a family dinner, ... and I wasn't invited.  :(

HAPPY EASTER ALL!

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 1

Tell me, when was the last time the Dutch defeated Sweden in a PB?

Correct: Pampatar... which was reconquered a day later.

You know what the problem is?

1. Dutch players claiming the timers being a problem, while they outnumber us easily 3:1 in OW and yet there are always fights during primetime on major Swedish harbors. Not the timers are your problem:

The Dutch are unable to win a offensive PB with all Turrets down, a BR of 1.6/2 and splitted up Swedes yesterday.

2. The Swedish are getting arrogant. Yes, we are winning several PBs that looked pretty bad, but our skills in PBs are still subpar... only because the Dutch are worse, doesn't mean we are good. At the same time the Dutch are on another decisive level far better than we are, but while several Swedish players are too drunken from the PB victories they just can't see it. We are lucky to win the PBs otherwise we would get into major problems.

In short: There is no reason to be arrogant.

Overall the attitude on both sides is getting rougher, the frontline hasn't changed since days. It is time for a ceasefire and peace negotiations before this war becomes a matter of national survival for one of both.

Sincerely

Edited by Thonar
  • Like 1

if there is peace with sweden and all other nations i'm gonna quit. Yesterdays PvP was 2 hours of sailing around chasing ghosts. Swedish players seem to sit in harbours waiting for some dutch to buy a flag.

Wel if you some decent port timers on your ports we might by tempted to actually * gasp*.... attack one of the swedish ports......imagine that!!.

But that is not actually what you guys want right!, because that would give us a fair chance of capturing a port back.

So please don't come in here and complain about sitting in port all day .....at least not to the dutch!!.

P.S.You might want to look in your own ranks for the reason of those complaints.

Edited by stache1

Wel if you some decent port timers on your ports we might by tempted to actually * gasp*.... attack one of the swedish ports......imagine that!!.

But that is not actually what you guys want right!, because that would give us a fair chance of capturing a port back.

So please don't come in here and complain about sitting in port all day .....at least not to the dutch!!.

P.S.You might want to look in your own ranks for the reason of those complaints.

LoL... in your rage you didn't even realized the guy you answered to was obviously dutch too...

"give us a fair chance":

You have more than fair chances, you just lose even for you advantageous PBs.

Edited by Thonar

Tell me, when was the last time the Dutch defeated Sweden in a PB?

Correct: Pampatar... which was reconquered a day later.

You know what the problem is?

1. Dutch players claiming the timers being a problem, while they outnumber us easily 3:1 in OW and yet there are always fights during primetime on major Swedish harbors. Not the timers are your problem:

The Dutch are unable to win a offensive PB with all Turrets down, a BR of 1.6/2 and splitted up Swedes yesterday.

2. The Swedish are getting arrogant. Yes, we are winning several PBs that looked pretty bad, but our skills in PBs are still subpar... only because the Dutch are worse, doesn't mean we are good. At the same time the Dutch are on another decisive level far better than we are, but while several Swedish players are too drunken from the PB victories they just can't see it. We are lucky to win the PBs otherwise we would get into major problems.

In short: There is no reason to be arrogant.

Overall the attitude on both sides is getting rougher, the frontline hasn't changed since days. It is time for a ceasefire and peace negotiations before this war becomes a matter of national survival for one of both.

Sincerely

Always a pleasure, Thonar!

I think you hit the nail on the head there. We are at the moment unable to defeat you in an offensive portbattle. Too many players getting the ranks and who need to practice, me first, in sailing in proper lines. I think one of our points is indeed the issue of timers. You claim to be all open for PvP but those times limit us greatly and make you sit in ports for hours on end refusing to come out. Its the right thing to do from your perspective but for overall fun, not so much. I would fear the day we start to beat you in portbattles.

I take it you refer to our Open World performance on the second problem? Thusfar I have seen us being alot better in those encounters. Plenty of eager captains of all ranks, great sceeningfleets and a bigger presence on the open seas.

It seems we are at a stalemate at the moment. But I don't think peace or even a ceasefire is going to happen. That ship has sailed. ;)

Anyhow, looking forward to fight again! Godspeed!

It s a bit unlucky, while we are imo better on the open sea, we dont stand a chance in pb. We should have stopped the first flag coming south. :D
But peace is not an option, to most decay of playernumber we had because there were 2 weeks without war, a boring time.
While i dont want to complain about pb-timers, it would be interessting if the swedens would also come out of the ports once, in trinco-3ths and explore the new captured land. At the moment if feels like we lost the ports, but it s still our water.

Edited by Manta Scorpion
  • Like 3

Always a pleasure, Thonar!

I think you hit the nail on the head there. We are at the moment unable to defeat you in an offensive portbattle. Too many players getting the ranks and who need to practice, me first, in sailing in proper lines. I think one of our points is indeed the issue of timers. You claim to be all open for PvP but those times limit us greatly and make you sit in ports for hours on end refusing to come out. Its the right thing to do from your perspective but for overall fun, not so much. I would fear the day we start to beat you in portbattles.

I take it you refer to our Open World performance on the second problem? Thusfar I have seen us being alot better in those encounters. Plenty of eager captains of all ranks, great sceeningfleets and a bigger presence on the open seas.

It seems we are at a stalemate at the moment. But I don't think peace or even a ceasefire is going to happen. That ship has sailed. ;)

Anyhow, looking forward to fight again! Godspeed!

1. Sorry, the thing with the timers is ridicoulus. At the day you attacked our homewaters you were pretty much defeated by our carebears and randoms. I would bet 90% of the Swedish population at that moment on the server was fighting you guys with the main-fleet bounded in Macanao. Again: You outnumber us. As soon as Sweden would open its port-timers, you wouldn't get more PvP but more undefended ports you could capture, which is ridicoulus.

2. I never said you were worse in OW, I actually said, the Dutch are far better on the operational level, speaking: Managing fleets outside of battle.

It s a bit unlucy, while we are imo better on the open sea, we dont stand a chance in pb. We should have stopped the first flag coming south. :D

But peace is not an option, to most decay of playernumber we had because there were 2 weeks without war, a boring time.

While i dont want to complain about pb-timers, it would be interessting if the swedens would also come out of the ports once, in trinco-3ths and explore the new captured land. At the moment if feels like we lost the ports, but it s still our water.

Sorry, but that is a pure overstatement.

I level in the south and never saw any kind of Dutch players east of Macanao and between Macanao and La Tortuga only seldomly or during attacks against one of the harbors.

• Like 1

I start to think that some dutch are a real embarrassment for their country, constantly complaining in this thread about port timers.

May i remind you; and the moderators to this (Stepping up the tone in National News)?

No Trolling/Spamming - Posts must be related to in game events, responses must be related to that in-game event. Yelling about Port Timers when someone is talking about a great port battle is off topic.

This thread was meant to be a place for respectful or light forum PvP talks about the Swedish-Dutch war.

If you can't loose, don't post here - it is simple as that.

Please get your act together, thank you.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 3

2. I never said you were worse in OW.

But you said that You are better in PB than We are.

WjLmoBH.jpg

Like you see on the screenshot you are not better. I know that one week ago we lose one or two port battle in same way. But like i said our nation as nation was really broken, and we were not ready for fight because on west and east was our alliance. Your attack on us was totally incalculable.
We respect You as a good PvP players, so please do not trying change our opinion about You :)

Btw You have some our ports, because yours attack on Us was prepared and You come here on much better ships than we had at this time. Many port you got for free. So please don't tell and don't feel like a pro, because you are not better than the others. Also please do not forget, that win in a port battle as attacker even with the same ships is really hard and you know that.
  • Like 4

So far, the rather boring Swedish tactics rely entirely on Portbattles for being effective. It gives us (the Dutch as a nation) a chance to try out different strategies to see what works, and what does not. No more, no less.

Our long distance attacks are a good example of us willing to experiment with the game.

It means you are boring the impatient, but you are also strengthening our growing number of Dutchies that are keen to find new triggers that we can pull to kill your one trick pony.

Be afraid of the creative hive mind of the Dutch Nation!

• Like 2

So far, the rather boring Swedish tactics rely entirely on Portbattles for being effective. It gives us (the Dutch as a nation) a chance to try out different strategies to see what works, and what does not. No more, no less.

Our long distance attacks are a good example of us willing to experiment with the game.

It means you are boring the impatient, but you are also strengthening our growing number of Dutchies that are keen to find new triggers that we can pull to kill your one trick pony.

Action and reaction. Its as it always is.

You have superior numbers. We split our timers to counter your advantage. Not more. And now its a draw.

Until the next tactic is developed.

• Like 1

But you said that You are better in PB than We are.

WjLmoBH.jpg

Like you see on the screenshot you are not better. I know that one week ago we lose one or two port battle in same way. But like i said our nation as nation was really broken, and we were not ready for fight because on west and east was our alliance. Your attack on us was totally incalculable.
We respect You as a good PvP players, so please do not trying change our opinion about You :)

Btw You have some our ports, because yours attack on Us was prepared and You come here on much better ships than we had at this time. Many port you got for free. So please don't tell and don't feel like a pro, because you are not better than the others. Also please do not forget, that win in a port battle as attacker even with the same ships is really hard and you know that.

You are comparing apples with oranges: Count the Santis and Pavels on your side during a defense with the Swedish attacking side... you had all advantages on your side. Show me a Dutch win out of a disadvantage position and I instantly believe you. At the same time I can count several Swedish wins out of a disadvantage position.

I stick to my claim that I think the Swedish side is better within the battles but worse outside of them within this war, which is causing the stalemate.

And these OW-Tactics are your great strength, no doubt, and I have a deep respect for them.

Sorry, but that is a pure overstatement.

I level in the south and never saw any kind of Dutch players east of Macanao and between Macanao and La Tortuga only seldomly or during attacks against one of the harbors.

Np mate! you can just send me a pm ingame and we will be there!

Otherwise you can find us (as example yesterday) sailing from orchilla to caracas to macanao to pampatar to macanao, exploring a bit of balanquilla and heading back to tortuga/macano and finally returning to Orchilla.

Playercount:

2 Pavals and a frigate, both not attackable :(

I accepted that you win pb easly, if you want to be the better one on the open sea (arrogant statement inc) come and beat us!

And Sveno, you are talking here like the dutch would "dishonor" this thread, tbh noone wrote anything for a day or two, and most of the stuff that get it going again were your swedish mates posting pictures.

In addition i also dont understand the statements like we respect this nation and  we cant respect this one ect. For me a nation is just neutral and then there are players and clans you respect and such you dont, every nation has so many different faces.

Edited by Manta Scorpion
  • Like 1

Action and reaction. Its as it always is.

You have superior numbers. We split our timers to counter your advantage. Not more. And now its a draw.

Until the next tactic is developed.

No more, no less, good sir!

And like I mentioned, it's the creativity that will prevail, making it only a matter of time before the Swedish assault on our homelands will crumble.

• Like 1