Game-Labs Forum

Restrict High rank vs low rank on PvP Server. (seal clubbing)

Restrict High rank vs 1st rank on PvP server.   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do not allow high rank players to attack low rank 'new players'.

• Agree
    • Disagree

Some new players complain about high rank players gank them. This results in players leaving game before they can even try it.

So, let's discuss if devs should restrict Rank 2 or Higher from attacking Rank 1 (Only). 

or 

Provide your opinion/ suggestion. 

Eskimo_Seal_Hunting.jpg

• Like 1

So everyone makes low level alts and transports all their goods in complete safty. Yup that sounds about the way games are headed nowdays.

Besides there is less than a dozen levels so how long are you even " low level " ? Sounds just another carebear tactic that people who have no idea what a rvr sandbox game was supposed to be .

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

So everyone makes low level alts and transports all their goods in complete safty. Yup that sounds about the way games are headed nowdays.

Devs would welcome alts  :D  $40 per account is not bad and it's that easy with Steam.

• Like 1

Not sure about this, as stated, there's a possibility of exploit (as everything)

Also, i don't see the point of someone attacking a midshipman in a cutter.

Edited by Diodo
  • Like 1

Not sure about this, as stated, there's a possibility of exploit (as everything)

Also, i don't see the point of someone attacking a midshipman in a cutter.

Welcome to Pirate world. We have cases and reports.

Suggestion:

Let rank 1-2 set up white flag. White flag means Neutral. Neutral Flag can be purchased in Capital and only active around capital or 2 nearest ports. This means they can do missions/fleet safely until they reach higher level and get better ship to defend them. Once player leaves White Flag zone his on his own (warning message let's him know).

• Like 3

Devs would welcome alts  :D  $40 per account is not bad and it's that easy with Steam.

Stop promoting Alt accounts it is the bane of the game. Great for the Devs yes but ruins all natural game play. Alt accounts are a pay to build, pay to spy ,pay to screw over other nations, pay to exploit bugs. The game is a time sink so buy 8 copies and you can do things 8x faster! that should not be what we are promoting here   

• Like 4

Stop promoting Alt accounts it is the bane of the game. Great for the Devs yes but ruins all natural game play. Alt accounts are a pay to build, pay to spy ,pay to screw over other nations, pay to exploit bugs. The game is a time sink so buy 8 copies and you can do things 8x faster! that should not be what we are promoting here   

There is no promotion. I am being sarcastic and explain how hard it is to get alts. In real life it's so much pain to run 2 accounts from 1 PC. Also, you need 2 computers to have 2 alts running at the same time, trust me it's not that bad compared to other games like potbs. Let's try to come back to the topic and help new guys. 

Alt accounts aside 

i think new players have their safe area at capital and a soon to be whole ocean, the pacific, to learn and grind in. Having any level of cant attack this be it 2 levels or 4 would lead to so many more issues i do not think we should even test it. 

Alt accounts aside 

i think new players have their safe area at capital and a soon to be whole ocean, the pacific, to learn and grind in. Having any level of cant attack this be it 2 levels or 4 would lead to so many more issues i do not think we should even test it. 

New player was hit by Pirate 2 ports away from Capital when he was exploring. 

Problems 

1. No warning system that let's players know before they set sail.

2. No visual safe zone on the world map. 

A pre-chosen white flag isn't a bad idea for newbies up to a certain experience level, but honestly I don't think they need it.

Knocking the p*ss out of a newbie is cowardly and in poor taste IMHO and myself I wouldn't do it unless he actually asked for it, but by the same token this is a game with a steep initial learning curve and the initial losses on that curve are minimal, so why prop the newby up?  Just let him learn at little to no cost.

• Like 1

New player was hit by Pirate 2 ports away from Capital when he was exploring. 

Problems 

1. No warning system that let's players know before they set sail.

2. No visual safe zone on the world map. 

Is this really a problem of the game or problem of player?

When you enter a game that tries to be an open world sandbox (btw it means open also for ganking and sealclubbing) then what do you really expect to happen in the long run?

Maybe these people just joined for ships and didn't realize they are entering the gankbox but they can't say they were not warned.

With port to port sailing giving XP, anyone who bought an account just to run trading in safety would only be safe for a short period before ranking up. Their $40 account would then only be useful to them for labor hours. I think immunity for midshipmen has merit.

Edited by Jamrock

Im an old gamer so maybe its just me but when i selected a pvp server in a used to be open world game i assumed i would be fighting pvp from the start. I didnt even think there would be missions to do for basically free xp and gold.

I did 2 missions then went hunting for pvp lol. After a while i realized i couldnt attack people cuz of br difference. So i sailed an hour west of my capital and made my home in a freeport in the mix of things. Been pvping since then. I dont know why anyone would worry about it.

• Like 4

well if new players understood the working of the game and joined a clan

they would not be that vulnerable to the experienced players in the game

but newbies are ignorant sometimes,and therefore they pay the price (they think it is a single player game witch it is not)

its as simple as that

so i don t see any problem for the newbies (they learn it the hard way ,just as i did ,and there is nothing wrong with that)

sorry to say people sometimes  complain and cry..over a loss (well sjid happens sometimes,. just lost a pavel ,and i am building a new and better one :)  ))

ps. i never attack newbies i just dont have the time and the ships for that :)) ,but if i see a greater enemy chasing the little ones ,he is mine (thats how it works)

(  advise to all the newbies join a good clan first)

OT:... huh..... NO ...no restrictions

o7

Edited by Thonys

A mission system would work well, where the admiralty will send you to a certain area for missions, depending on your rank/level where you would encounter other players of the same level as you are.

Areas could also be divided into friendly/contested/enemy/open territories, where "friendly" would be a certain radius around any friendly port, contested being a larger radius around any enemy port, enemy a smaller radius around any enemy port, open is open water, expect anything to happen at any time. Also, AI beahaviour could be set according the zone they are found in, to keep friendly zones friendly and so forth. 

If players want to do pure pve, they can be sent to a friendly zone of their level, if they want to pvp, they can be sent to a contested or enemy area of their level. Ofcourse this will not limit anyone from going anywhere, I you WANT to go somewhere, you should be able to do it, but beware that you are painting a target on your back and it will not be easy.