Game-Labs Forum

IMPORTANT - Trafalgar invitation

admin

Hello Captains.

We have relied on your help doing most visual promotional content for the game. 100% of in game screenshots on FB and website were done by someone like you. In this matter we have a request

Player IIN8II who is doing an awesome job helping us shoot them. 

We would like to invite those who can attend this and next saturday for the large trafalgar event. Player IIN8II who is doing an awesome job helping us shoot them. 

Goals

Create source material to show line fighting and awesome epic action.

Provide source material from various angles

What needs to be done

Next 2 events are not going to be about winning but about dying in spectacular fashions. 

Part 1 - first 10-20 mins of battle

1. Instead of rushing into action immediately we would like to request players to form beautiful lines (if possible)
  2. Let both fleets form before engaging
  3. Try to be on TS or at least follow commands
  4. Try to fire as a line sometimes even if it wastes your shot

Part 2 - the rest of the battle

1. Once melee starts try to board ships, and wreak havoc. Fires are good.. so don't put it down.
  2. If you are shooting to demast - try aiming higher to provide varied visuals of demasted ships.

And of course have fun. We just need to capture a bit beautiful moments.

Captains who will also be making videos at the events please do so with the UI switched off with only aiming line and sector or without it. After making the video please upload the source file to dropbox or elsewhere and provide the link to this topic

If you won't make it this week we will do additional cinematic work next saturday as well.. 

• Like 13

The SLRN will be there to support the game & devs in whatever way we can....

@admin good choice with IIN8II he'll do you proud.

Keep in mind the balancer.  If you bring more than 25 people they will not get in :)

If someone misses it don't worry - we will do it next week one more time.

• Like 1

Ok, il try and play with the UI turned off, il have to render the video first and dont know if il be able to upload to drop box due to large file sizes(before rendering they usually are about 50-100GB and after they are about 5GB, but i will try but no promisses)

Edited by OlavDeng2

Do us a favor, reduce the timer for large battles from 3 hours to 1 hour so we can produce more footage for N8.  Remember we used to do 2x Trafs in a row back at Plymouth.  We wouldn't really be able get 20+ ppl together besides Saturday anyways, cause most ppl don't want to blow through 5 duras in one day heh.

Do us a favor, reduce the timer for large battles from 3 hours to 1 hour so we can produce more footage for N8.  Remember we used to do 2x Trafs in a row back at Plymouth.  We wouldn't really be able get 20+ ppl together besides Saturday anyways, cause most ppl don't want to blow through 5 duras in one day heh.

id say 1 hour 15 min would be better so that people have time to prepere for the next one, bathroom break and such.

If you really want to do this, I suggest inviting people and organizing it by pm.  Otherwise you get too many people like Ronan, who gets bored, or Wind who cuts in front of an SOL with his frigate, taking the bowsprit off the sol and dragging it out of line and halfway to the enemy line just to commit suicide (all the while the sol is trying to record video shots and it gets ruined).  You get too many people doing their own thing.

Organization was a joke because people wouldn't line up behind Ellis and Young and there were too many armchair admirals who have never been in a trafalgar before.  You really need a dedicated group who are all together who actually work together and have structure instead of opening it up to the masses who don't care.  That's the only way you can do what the admin wants.

• Like 2

Organization was a joke because people wouldn't line up behind Ellis and Young and there were too many armchair admirals who have never been in a trafalgar before.  You really need a dedicated group who are all together who actually work together and have structure instead of opening it up to the masses who don't care.  That's the only way you can do what the admin wants.

You mean like a custom lobby? :)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7473-trafalgar-event-room-improvements/

g6Jvipi.png

If you really need video recording for a cinematic De Ruyter's YouTube already has A TON of cinematic film without any UI elements from every Trafalgar.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brandonchat/videos

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 3

Hey admin, im wondering am i getting my essex? i was there during the filming and got footage and sent it over to N8, but i didnt get the essex, was that a mistake or?

edit: also, i wasnt there during the second battle as the game didnt put me in...

edit2: just to be clear, i was sitting in the queue to get into the second battle

Edited by OlavDeng2