Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

1 minute ago, Lovec1990 said:

on first page also says August we get stuff too if everything goes acording too plan

LOL.....LOL.....LOL   dude lets be honest it's the second to last week of August, they have a week and half left and they never been able to do patches on time.  When I read that it read straight up First of September but most likely end of it.    The UI and Econ stuff they been working on since April (I highly dought they even touched it before announcing it with the rate they are taking).

I would love to have them prove me wrong, but we are not going to get a patch this week or next and no new ships.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

LOL.....LOL.....LOL   dude lets be honest it's the second to last week of August, they have a week and half left and they never been able to do patches on time.  When I read that it read straight up First of September but most likely end of it.    The UI and Econ stuff they been working on since April (I highly dought they even touched it before announcing it with the rate they are taking).

I would love to have them prove me wrong, but we are not going to get a patch this week or next and no new ships.

im still intrested witch one is coming im thinking Christan or Constitution refit

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As a clan leader now add into that every time I have to telport to CT or the port we have our warehouse in and give out mods, repairs, cannons and mats if there isn't another officer in the same port.    Specially since not every one logs in and is ready at the same time.  I also have to be in that port to add  any Mats or gold to the warehouse.

Fine if @admin wants to charge a fee lets get it into game soon (he said it's all ready in game just not turned on) and lets test it so we don't have the issue with Crew cost where it was way to high when they introduced it to use (we told them this in Test along with the WASA being to OP and they didn't listen to us along with other things they had to change from test).

Seriously, are you suggesting that they're contemplating charging an annoyance fee just to teleport to our outposts?!  😡

2 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

im still intrested witch one is coming im thinking Christan or Constitution refit

I'm thinking the Christan as it's been finished for a whiles other than balance stats work out as that screen shot is pretty old.  It would be nice to have another 2nd rate, it's suppose to be faster than the others and has bow chasers.  Though I would love to see the proper updated Constitution, which really isn't a refit it's closer to it's real starts.  What they should do is released that and make the current connie more like a generic 4th rate that you can buy with CM's.

43 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Seriously, are you suggesting that they're contemplating charging an annoyance fee just to teleport to our outposts?!  😡

Ha I'm not suggesting anything, it was @adminthat brought it a few pages back and well being my normally moody self I went off on it this morning.  If they are going to do it than lets get it in game and see the damage now and not after release so we can balance it.  I'm totally against it to be official on it, but hay I'm just some player so what does my views count?

It's always great to realize that these people do not want to understand what the Speler, CUSTOMERS !!!, want. It's great that in the future we'll have a huge Basic Cutter regatta! The motto is 10 hours sailing 5 minutes fighting.
You in Kiev want to earn money with this game !!
You only have 10% left on the server. What kind of an economic mindset is that?
Did the Supreme Soviet decide that?
Only things are being made according to the motto "we're doing something"
Hey we are your customers, we have paid and expect what is done for us and not always mistreat the majority does not want.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm thinking the Christan as it's been finished for a whiles other than balance stats work out as that screen shot is pretty old.  It would be nice to have another 2nd rate, it's suppose to be faster than the others

You're joking, right? Christian is suppose to be much much slower than our existing 2nd rates. It has 4 gun decks, it should sail like a brick.

3 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

You're joking, right? Christian is suppose to be much much slower than our existing 2nd rates. It has 4 gun decks, it should sail like a brick.

We will see but that 4th deck is like the pavel so really isn’t much as it’s only 8 cannons. 

28-42

28-18

26-12

8-9

she has less cannons on her bottom two decks but more on third but not by much.  Why would she be slowe cause she has an extra deck?  She’s also got lighter guns with 18’s instead of 24’s on that second deck. 

I still want to see a foiled deck 32 pounder 3rd rate in game some day.  Hell maybe they surprise us and the new ship is one of the three voted on ships

On 8/21/2018 at 6:51 AM, admin said:

TP was set as free only for testing purposes. Passenger transport (imaginary fast travel using liners or balloons) will cost coins in the future.

As a single-account player about six months into the game I do quite a bit of teleporting outpost-to-outpost as a matter of routine merchant activity.  A merchant of any consequence would have agents.  The teleport is as close as I can get to that.

If the intent of the teleport charge is to force more player activity into the open world, that's fine.  But at least some realism needs to be reintroduced into the PvP rewards obtained by hunting merchants.  I expect to run some reasonable risks in the course of my contract activities.  Cost of doing business and all that.

But serving as a clay pigeon for PvP is not a particularly interesting game.  I invest quite a bit of time in the stuff I sell.  And if caught by raiders they get to pocket magic PvP rewards.

I have no opinion on PvP rewards in general.  But PvP rewards vs a trader ought be contingent on getting a captured ship back to port.  That would happen either by 1) adding the trader to a fleet, or 2) committing some portion of the raiders crew to an AI sail to the port of the raider's choice.

Or the raider needs to be happy with whatever cargo could be salvaged from the hold.  Remove magic teleports for upgrades as well and that could actually be quite valuable.

For a prize agent to pay out, raiders really ought to have to present a prize.

Edited by John Jacob Astor
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

We will address it but the problem is that addressing it properly requires time and deep thinking and we dont have it - all bandwith goes into menus and icons. Once port ui is finished we will take a long big look on ship final gameplay re balance pass before release. 

The user interface requires too much time :(

I hope you understand that if you are going to add something to the game, you need to remake the user interface again.

Maybe it's time too let players to modding current UI.

BTW.

You must remember @Prater and his map for game. I would like to see user friendly interface to add own map 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, John Jacob Astor said:

Or the raider needs to be happy with whatever cargo could be salvaged from the hold.  Remove magic teleports for upgrades as well and that could actually be quite valuable.

For a prize agent to pay out, raiders really ought to have to present a prize.

Back when they where taking out the teleport after battle option (end battle results screen) I though it was great now folks have to sail there prize back to port, but the problem is no one really does this unless it's a gold/purple ship or something.  Everyone just scuttles it for the marks.  I would still think this would be a cool mission to bring back the captured ship for an even bigger reward from the Admiralty than just scuttling the ships.  That there was the very thing I keep bring up when I was fighting for them to bring back XP for damage in battle so others folks that didn't get assist and kills would still get rewarded. In real life you brought the prize back and some times the ship was auction off, other times it was given to a new Captian (former officer of the ship that capture it?), they rarely scuttled the ship on the spot unless it was to keep from getting back into the enemy hands. 

With that they also  on the pirate side mainly took loot and was on there way.  We need to have a soft surrender command.  Say you don't want to loose your ship and all your cargo but there is no way to win the fight.   You strike your colors (that would be a good name for it  STRIKE COLORS).   One of the enemy ships has to come and capture you if they want to take your ship or they can just inspect your crago and take from it.  If they don't capture you than you can leave the fight after a set cool down timer is meet.  If they haven't capture you by that time and you decide you want to return to fight you can raise colors and get back in fight.  While colors are striked you can't board or attack any one.   I was thinking of this the other day on that post about makeing the xebec have some special false surrender abliity.

With this if I catch a player and he strikes his colors I can take his ship, or I can inspect his cargo and take all the copper off it he got from a bottle, but leave the rest for him as I have no room to carry Textiles or other loot.  Maybe I catch him with a mod or something he forgot to put in his chest, but i don't ruin him completely and he doesn't loost his ship.  Or we can complete ignore him blow past and continue to chase another player allowing that player to escape if he feels like he prefer to.

• Like 5

On 8/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, Lovec1990 said:

on first page also says August we get stuff too if everything goes acording too plan

If you look at the steam info on the game they are staging for a patch so we will prob see one Monday or Tuesday after all, hope it has the new ship in it and a few good fix's many of us have been waiting for with certain ships.  Dirty is just tweaks they do to the test server they have so that gets updated almost every other day.  Clean_Openworld is what the game is so when you see Prod_Staging and QA that means a patch is about to drop that isn't just a hotfix.  Since these where updated on Thursday I expect we will get a patch Monday or Tuesday morning.   

https://steamdb.info/app/311310/depots/

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you look at the steam info on the game they are staging for a patch so we will prob see one Monday or Tuesday after all, hope it has the new ship in it and a few good fix's many of us have been waiting for with certain ships.  Dirty is just tweaks they do to the test server they have so that gets updated almost every other day.  Clean_Openworld is what the game is so when you see Prod_Staging and QA that means a patch is about to drop that isn't just a hotfix.  Since these where updated on Thursday I expect we will get a patch Monday or Tuesday morning.   

https://steamdb.info/app/311310/depots/

check DLC there are two new DLCs one says yacht other unknown

9 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

check DLC there are two new DLCs one says yacht other unknown

What he said, the yacht has the oldest numbers but they might of tweeked somthing.  The other one that is the FLAGS DLC it's been there since the last few patches (more hotfixes) sinece right after the OW UI was dropped.

1 hour ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

They must have updated the Yacht.  The Yacht is 2015 DLC.

Yep that been there for a good while, but does look like they maybe did some changes to it.  

On 8/22/2018 at 12:57 PM, admin said:

Every line of the code requires time and we being a small indie team cannot focus on everything. 
The greatest suggestion was and is to finish the port UI, localize the game, try to bring more PVE content and bring more adrenaline to PVP. This will freshen up the game, bring new users (who hold on because of lack of their language). 
As a result a lot of times users might feel that their suggestions are not acknowledged or ignored. Community should help us convey the information on priorities to them and explain that priorities must be finished first before starting work on something else. 

Being a small team does not explain why you create horrible mistakes. The best, and the latest example is Requin, among many others. You create problems, and AFTERWARDS you offer solutions which are time consuming.

You have no strategy for this development, no new ideas, it looks to me you are just groping in the dark, hoping to find ANYTHING that would bring back so many which have left.

For 2 years now there is no real development in this game, only repetition of old recipes, with polished surface, and renaming( PVP Event is Patrol zone now), i mean you have been running a test server, just to create 3 bars instead of 2 showing the ship structure and health status....Are you guys seriously trying to tell me THIS has anything to do with a SMALL team?

No Sir, i am not buying it .

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 7:46 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm going to take something back I said about econ and the DLCS.  Mainly since we haven't had to many shallow PB's, but the last two weeks I hardly had any sales of Shallow water ships in the shallows.  Might be cause numbers or so far down but I think it's more cause every one pretty much is only using the Hercs and Reqiuns for every thing.  This is I'm sure hurting the little guy that doesn't have other means to make profits....I grind, I sale cannons in two ports, I do trade runs once in a while, I have a very nice stock of back up cash (no where close to some of you rich mothers), but not every one has that.  I'm also using 5 accounts to get my stuff down, but guys with one, the casuals and majority of the players doesn't have the option I have and those are the folks the game should be made for.  

Yup.

Player production (for sale) competes directly against game mechanics generating similar product.  Crafting, captured AI, ship notes, and DLCs all consume the same thing, which is dock spaces in an acquiring player's inventory.  Which the ships don't vacate unless sunk, broken up, or sold to the AI.  Unless I am mistaken wood and hemp appear to be immortal.

We can certainly argue how much of an impact a given mechanic might have.  But what I saw in the Charleston market suggests it probably doesn't take much of an imbalance to smother crafter sales of a particular class of ship.

As one of those little guys I'm still in the game.  But at the moment I'm sitting out of the crafted ship business until after the economy re-balance. 

Edited by John Jacob Astor
clarification

You’ve not gotten feedback from me for a while now and I find myself playing far less these days with less reason to do so.

I understand some of the developments and the reasons why, even if I don’t like them. So I will continue to hold my tongue until I see a finished game.

When is the planned release?

10 hours ago, Buba Smith said:

Will the resources wipe include everything or just some of the materials available?

It should just be the resources effective that was mention in post about the Econ changes.

so no patch today, maybe August patch tomorrow?  We will see.

#untilseptemberends

@Buba Smith

Now (thousand clicks) : Resources ----> Materials -----> end product ( ship/cannons/etc )

Future ( hundred clicks ) : Resources--------> end product 

A backtrack conversion of the materials back to resources might happen, but for safe measure i'd suggest to spend the materials and transform them into end products already.

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Hi @admin

Sir texas wants to know if he will be able to gift his best friend @Intrepido a patch (containing the christian VII too) for his birthday.

Sir texas thinks intrepido deserves the patch however, in my honest opinion, both guys are very annoying.

Thx in advance.

Have a good birthday, it is also my birthday soon, for my birthday I want something worth playing, it very well may be:- hunt showdown :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 5:12 AM, admin said:

Hello captains. Here is a small update on the development plans for the next 6 months. 
Dates are not final and might move around

August: 

While we are are still working on the UI patch - we will deliver 1-2 balancing patches in august based on feedback on ship combat performance, (especially performance of the imported vessels vs alternatives)

• Ship rebalance (specifically focused on the underperforming ship)
  • We might also add a new vessel in August.

September Patch

UI patch needs a lot more time due to the complexity of the Port UI rework and some additional content we have to deploy. 

The patch will contain

• Economy rebalance and partial resource wipe
  • Port UI update
  • Flags update (ability to change main battle flag will be added)
  • Mission Content
    • New port dependent mission system
      • OW Hunt missions
      • Traditional Destroy missions but with multiple variations of difficulty and rewards
    • One new challenge
      • Kill challenge
        • 7 types: 1 for each class
    • Current fleet missions will be removed, all missions will turn into fleet missions if more players join - and AI will send more ships as well.
    • Patrol missions will remain in game, but rewards will be adjusted based on the economy patch

October - November

• UI polish and fixes based on feedback
  • Small AI improvements
  • Economy missions
    • crafting missions for ships and items
    • delivery missions
  • Additional combat missions and conquest missions
    • National hunts
    • PVP missions
  • Operations
    • Welcome to the Caribbean - mandatory operation for new players unlocking 3 more tutorial operations
      • Trials by fire - operation giving the combat oriented player clear objectives
      • Columbus - operation helping the player to establish bases around the area
      • Nervos Belli - operation helping the player to get around basic crafting
    • Conquest operations
      • E.G. Operation Isla Pinos giving large gold coin rewards for capture of the whole island.
  • New Events and Challenges
    • PvP duels
  • Conquest mission rework.
    • Frontlines might get back (but not in form of flags but in form of port dependent hostility and conquest missions, which will only give hostility missions to nearby towns)
  • Start of localization work
    • Localization system will provide players with option to replace language files by the file of his choice giving the option for the community to help localize the game into additional languages.

November - December?

• Localization continued
  • Additional work on the content improvements

So... when are the paints?

• Like 3