Game-Labs Forum

For the love of god fix Looting

Between leeway and 120 deg wind changes, looting has gone from frustrating to insufferable in large ships. Spend 30 min sink a 1st rate, end up sinking him when I am literally bowsprit to bowsprit. Too far away from the X, can't sail into him because of the wind, tack, get in position to tack back, and Oh, wing change! By the time I get there it's too late to loot and so I basically just wasted my time getting jack squat for my efforts. Can't afford to buy books because people want stupid prices, and can't get them from drops because the looting mechanic sux ballz.

Getting tired of it.

• Like 10

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have this screen, at the end of battles, that allows you to collect your loot, have a look at your combat logs, and manage the number of repairs? Maybe take a quick 15 minute break, grab a snack, smack talk the revenge gank in global chat, etc. Honestly, the end-battle screen was great, IMO. It had problems but they could be solved, it didn't need to go away. Just have the battles kick players out 5 minutes after "Battle Over" and send them to the end battle screen. They can remain there a maximum of 15 minutes, at the end of which they are kicked to OW. Don't allow logging out in the end-battle screen if that is something we are trying to avoid (I liked it but I can understand why some players don't like allowing the log-out).

Loot would be distributed in this end-battle screen. Each AI ship carries repairs, cannons, one book, and one module. If you are the only ship in the battle, you'd get all of that loot, if other ships did damage, they'd get some of the loot. RNG would determine who gets what, with quantities given out based on damage done. So if I do 70% damage on an AI Santisima, I would get 70% of the loot from the Santi, maybe books, maybe cannons, maybe modules, maybe a combination. The other 30% would be split among other players who did damage on the Santi.

This is not a suggestion to remove the current looting mechanics. I like having the ability to access hold in battle. In fact there should be an option to "open hold" to allow other ships (friendly or enemy) to inspect your hold and take repairs or whatever if you allow them access to the hold. Furthermore, the current looting mechanics could stay, just have it so if you loot a ship in battle, you won't receive the loot from that ship in the end-battle screen.

That would be my suggestion for the looting mechanics.

• Like 5

Until they make something new like a loot box at the end of the fight like most MMO's have they could just make the ships not sink so fast once they putthe white flag up.  They really need to put the white flag up when they are half sunk and stop firing.  Many folks won't stay side by side with them cause they will continue to fire until all decks are under and they will still pull you if they have more crew.  When the ship is going down I think fireing cannons and trying to baord is the last thing on most sailors minds.   Ever seen what happens when something like a ship does goes under?  It sucks every thing around it down with it, but most thinks don't sink so quickly cause of trapped air bubbles insde.  Just have the surrender at half full of water and than sink from there so it takes longer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BPHick said:

Between leeway and 120 deg wind changes, looting has gone from frustrating to insufferable in large ships. Spend 30 min sink a 1st rate, end up sinking him when I am literally bowsprit to bowsprit. Too far away from the X, can't sail into him because of the wind, tack, get in position to tack back, and Oh, wing change! By the time I get there it's too late to loot and so I basically just wasted my time getting jack squat for my efforts. Can't afford to buy books because people want stupid prices, and can't get them from drops because the looting mechanic sux ballz.

Getting tired of it.

perhaps you should adapt to the mechanic 

when the structure is a 30 % the ship is going to turn and slow s down in speed 

at that point it is better if you want to loot the ship, to sail in his wake... ( and  turn to come behind him )

you don't have to shoot the whole ship to complete destruction  and loot after that  it will do the trick to get the loot ,but be patient, and smart.

read your wind .

Are you smarter than a Ai or........

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thonys said:

perhaps you should adapt to the mechanic 

when the structure is a 30 % the ship is going to turn and slow s down in speed 

at that point it is better if you want to loot the ship, to sail in his wake... ( and  turn to come behind him )

you don't have to shoot the whole ship to complete destruction  and loot after that  it will do the trick to get the loot ,but be patient, and smart.

read your wind .

Are you smarter than a Ai or........

What do you think I do? 

All the planning in the world can't account for the stupid fast wind changes that outpace every SoL turn rate.

7 hours ago, CaptainSparckles said:

The admin says what he will announce in patch 18 about this . If you want to find that topic , just search down pages .

Yea, they've already shown they cam tweak it with a hotfix and not require a major patch. Have the AI strike at 20% hull remaining would be fine, or better yet, give XP and marks for boarding actions and then it's a non-starter. (Boarding makes looting so mich easier, but you can't build up xp that way)