Game-Labs Forum

Name your boat ehm ship!

Henrik

Would like to know what your personal favorite name is/would be if it will be possible to name you vessels ingame!

Also do tell if there is a special reason (for you) why you picked a certain name.

Edited by Henrik

During playing i will hopefully change my ship from time to time so i will find different names for them. I don´t stick to special names, my builds get a "Workname" derived from towns, surnames, latin names and (upcoming) personalities like "Melanchthon", "Socrates", "Teresa Orlowsky" or theological stuff "Trinity" "Theodicy" "Trinitrotoluol" would also be great. My idea is that ships from shipbuilders can be "signed/named" and that shipbuilders can buy, repair, refit ship that get new names then. This would add something to the crafting. And we could have names of ships in shop instead of names of builders.. Greetz, Allons!

• Like 1

"Karma" [Your inevitable defeat is the direct consequence of being my enemy].

Historically, captured ships used to keep their name if they fought well and did their nation proud.  Let's reverse it and introduce some sort of achievement system to acquire the ability to name change.

• Like 1

"Karma" [Your inevitable defeat is the direct consequence of being my enemy].

Historically, captured ships used to keep their name if they fought well and did their nation proud.  Let's reverse it and introduce some sort of achievement system to acquire the ability to name change.

Yep, would like to see potential buyers thinking over and over buying a mastercraft Mercury named "Decubitus" "Dentist" or "Dementia"

If I could choose a name for my Vessel it would be: 'Glory'. This name implies that I take some pride in my vessel and that It will bring further Glory to the Crown! I had a Frigate in Civ V that i renamed to glory and it singlehandedly took out my enemy's entire navy. Tis' a good name for a ship, and a lucky name as well.

-Douglas Vrooman

Edited by Randasd

I like to choose names that nobody have heard of, or have a really elaborate association.

At the moment, I like to call my current ship the HMS Schiltron (a Schiltron is a pike formation, similar to a phalanx, associated with Scotland).

I know it sounds vague but I like the sense of uniqueness of a name that gives the ship it's own story.

Edited by William Roxburgh