Game-Labs Forum

Name your boat ehm ship!

Henrik

• 2 weeks later...

I havent had the pleasure or the privelege of playing the game yet.

Most of the time i name my ships after ppl, places in my past that had a great impact on me. Yeah i know it's a game :P Most of the time that's why i hare losing a ship :D

• Like 1

I havent had the pleasure or the privelege of playing the game yet.

Most of the time i name my ships after ppl, places in my past that had a great impact on me. Yeah i know it's a game :P Most of the time that's why i hare losing a ship :D

Personal touch, i like it!

Once I get my filthy landlubber hands on a ship, I will name her the "Dromedaris," one of the three ships that brought Jan van Riebeeck to the Cape. 

If I ever happen to captain a Frigate, I will definitely name her "Hefestus," after the starting Frigate in an old DOS navy sim game I used to play back in the day :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would name mine after the scourges of the seafaring world. My personal favorites are

1. HMS Chlamydia (itching to fight and dripping with mods)

2. HMS Hemorrhoid (will be a pain in the ass for enemies)

3. HMS Herpes (anyone who f*** with you is going to get something to remember you by)

• 4 weeks later...

"Rocinante"- is my current choice, because she's the steed of a mad captain

If where to come into ownership of an especially tough vessel, I'd call her "Havel", in honor of dark souls

Or if She where a particularly agile, hard hitting vessel, "Artorias", also a name from dark souls 

And if She where a well-rounded, generally Radiant vessel, she'd be the "Solaire", Praise the Sun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have two names for my ships that I like, one, for smaller, faster, frigate like type of ship "Cisza". It means silence in Polish, because when you hear me coming, it will be too late for you :P

And second name I like to give to my bigger ships, Man of Wars etc. is " S.C.S. Great Prince"

• 2 months later...

I plan on naming a Trincomalee the "HMS Lion" after a ship I built in minecraft :3

I named my first fun frigate, a BellePoule of the first Open World patch the "HMS Phoenix"- we kicked ass all over the seas, and it was damn fun. I ran her through nine enemy Pavels in an epic charge, and survived. When the reset happened and I lost her, I was seriously broken up :(

A salute to the honorable HMS Phoenix!

I'd name my ship "Constantinople", since the name "Dragasès" is a reference to the last Emperor of Byzantium Constantine XI.

There are stories that during the Siege of Constantinople by the Ottomans in 1453, when the last wall was breached he said "The city has fallen, and I'm still alive", tore off his imperial ornaments and led his guards in a last charge, where he was killed.

I think it's a good name for a ship since I don't plan on surrendering, just like the inhabitants of Constantinople.

I would name my ships partially on things I like, but more on the history in game with them. Let's say I had a Snow that I had to keep fleeing from battles with. I might name it the "Runner" or the "Scaredy Cat". Heh!

If I had a slow but powerful ship, maybe the "Anvil" or "Sledge Hammer".

A few names I'd keep for my flag ships, like "Redigallia".

For trade snows I would name each one, perhaps "Greenwood" for a Fir one with speed. One that I use on alot of long distance circular trade runs, "Far Orbit"

It all depends on the history of a ship on what I'd name it.

The two fleet cutters I have though, practically useless unless I'm in a Cutter myself. I'd name them "Beavis" and "Butthead".