Game-Labs Forum

'Eendracht' 1790 Dutch Ship (With Plans)

Ned Loe

Its the Eendracht of 1769, a 24 gun frigate. The small ports on the gundeck are for oars, pretty much every dutch 5th or 6th rate had those.

length : 124'

breadth: 34' 0"

Wrecked in 1786.

it also says "ship of war" on the drawings, so i think it isnt excactly a merchant ship either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Possible. Or new Bellona...dunno tbh...just found this on web.

It's just weird, because whatever it is looks as big as a bloody Victory, and yet it's a two-decker. Sure, the model looks like it's from Naval Action, but I can't tell if that's the Bellona or not...

I'm not sure this is a warship because there lid port to load the goods on the middle and front of the ship and also because of the lids to air the deck. There is also a window. Generally, we see this device on cargo ships.. Not it on warships.

It is a nice ship.
:)

This particular ship, because there were more ships called with the same name, is a ship of war. It says so at the top of the drawing:

"Teeke  ning

vanslands, ship van oorlogh

De Eendragt,

getekent door _

Jan Sweeres,1790

[..]"

"Draw   ing

of country's ship of war

The Concord

drawn by _

Jan Sweeres, 1790".

It's a drawing made of the ship after it was built. On the bottom left it tells you it was built in 1769-1770:

"D. Eendragt
Voerende 24 stukke
canon 8 ponders.
[...]
Gebout.binne Harlinge
in den jaaren
1769   1770

"The Concord

Sailing 24 pieces

cannon 8 pounders

[some measurements]

Built in Harlinge

in the years

1769 - 1770"

Alternative source: Fries Scheepvaartmuseum

Edited by Wicked Mouse

It's just weird, because whatever it is looks as big as a bloody Victory, and yet it's a two-decker. Sure, the model looks like it's from Naval Action, but I can't tell if that's the Bellona or not...

early bellona she had an difrent stern back then

They seem to me like they've got a lot more boom than the gun sounds we have in-game now. :P

The only thing that occurred to me was that they might not be as historical, but I watched this, and that didn't sound too different from those old sounds...  

• 3 years later...