Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ned Loe

'Eendracht' 1790 Dutch Ship (With Plans)

It may be dutch (or something) instead of french. See the flag, the ship name and the written langage... Not french at all.

What makes you think it is ?

Edited by LeBoiteux

It looks like a trader shes really fat especially on bow side but then again it looks like she was well armed also a 38 guns or more so for a trader it is impresive armament for sure.

Its the Eendracht of 1769, a 24 gun frigate. The small ports on the gundeck are for oars, pretty much every dutch 5th or 6th rate had those.

length : 124'

breadth: 34' 0"

Wrecked in 1786.

Its the Eendracht of 1769, a 24 gun frigate. The small ports on the gundeck are for oars, pretty much every dutch 5th or 6th rate had those.

length : 124'

breadth: 34' 0"

Wrecked in 1786.

it also says "ship of war" on the drawings, so i think it isnt excactly a merchant ship either.

• Like 1

Bart, I know this is off-topic, but what ship is that in your signature? Is that one of the earlier versions of the Bellona, or is that a ship that isn't in Naval Action (yet)? 

Bart, I know this is off-topic, but what ship is that in your signature? Is that one of the earlier versions of the Bellona, or is that a ship that isn't in Naval Action (yet)? 

Possible. Or new Bellona...dunno tbh...just found this on web.

Possible. Or new Bellona...dunno tbh...just found this on web.

It's just weird, because whatever it is looks as big as a bloody Victory, and yet it's a two-decker. Sure, the model looks like it's from Naval Action, but I can't tell if that's the Bellona or not...

I'm not sure this is a warship because there lid port to load the goods on the middle and front of the ship and also because of the lids to air the deck. There is also a window. Generally, we see this device on cargo ships.. Not it on warships.

It is a nice ship.
:)

This particular ship, because there were more ships called with the same name, is a ship of war. It says so at the top of the drawing:

"Teeke  ning

vanslands, ship van oorlogh

De Eendragt,

getekent door _

Jan Sweeres,1790

[..]"

"Draw   ing

of country's ship of war

The Concord

drawn by _

Jan Sweeres, 1790".

It's a drawing made of the ship after it was built. On the bottom left it tells you it was built in 1769-1770:

"D. Eendragt
Voerende 24 stukke
canon 8 ponders.
[...]
Gebout.binne Harlinge
in den jaaren
1769   1770

"The Concord

Sailing 24 pieces

cannon 8 pounders

[some measurements]

Built in Harlinge

in the years

1769 - 1770"

Alternative source: Fries Scheepvaartmuseum

Edited by Wicked Mouse

It's just weird, because whatever it is looks as big as a bloody Victory, and yet it's a two-decker. Sure, the model looks like it's from Naval Action, but I can't tell if that's the Bellona or not...

early bellona she had an difrent stern back then

Thanks. :)

I'd never seen a video of the old Bellona before. 

EDIT: By the way, how come the gun sounds heard in this video weren't kept? They sound really good.

Edited by Arvenski

idk maybe not enough boom.

there are more small vids including cherubin and surprise i kinda miss all the flags and signals

They seem to me like they've got a lot more boom than the gun sounds we have in-game now. :P

The only thing that occurred to me was that they might not be as historical, but I watched this, and that didn't sound too different from those old sounds...  

The one downside of ship plans embedded with a graphical overlay like the plan above is that is becomes difficult to ascertain the exact curve of a ship.

I stumbled across this high-res ship plan that strikes a remarkable resemblance. 

NL-HaNA_4.MST_71.thumb.jpg.51fe89f230343d7ed22d4b41f21ea619.jpg

NL-HaNA, Marine Bouwtekeningen Schepen, 4.MST, inv.nr. 71

• Like 2

On 8/24/2015 at 3:01 AM, Arvenski said:

They seem to me like they've got a lot more boom than the gun sounds we have in-game now. :P

The only thing that occurred to me was that they might not be as historical, but I watched this, and that didn't sound too different from those old sounds...  

That 12lb ordnance, was fired with less than a pound of powder, no shot (and you can see had no discernable recoil at all).

Fired with shot and full charges it would make a much more 'crisp' firing signature and recoil some 10 feet or so if not restrained.

See the vasa cannon firing for the 'real' thing, rather than a 'safe' museum demonstration.

https://binged.it/2Sh09Ph

• Like 1

(The Bofors firing included one recorded shot which passed through the 18" side, carried 500 metres further and went through a fairly substantial standing conifer, bounding further after this again)... Not something most museums can practically demonstrate