Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

It would be great to be able to walk around your ship or lead a boarding in first person view with your sword and pistol but this probably way too much for the servers to hand. Maybe we will see this in the distant future once nano-technology has been further developed and delivered to market.

Oh if we had first person view then duelling would be a must!

I can't wait to play this game. Do you have any idea when you will be accepting more players for the test realm. Been playing Unchartered Waters Online for the past few years and want to move on to something new.and more modern.

Thanks in advance for your response.

I can't wait to play this game. Do you have any idea when you will be accepting more players for the test realm. Been playing Unchartered Waters Online for the past few years and want to move on to something new.and more modern.

Thanks in advance for your response.

there are so many topics regarding this , do some researching before posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wondering, what is your view on the concept of Politics (a.k.a RvR)?

With the introduction of actual clans ingame it has laid a foundation.

Are you thinking about factionVfaction warfare, nationVnation warfare?

Can you give us any clue what direction you are thinking in?

Also, i think you would agree neutrals need to be reworked, any thoughts on how you would them to be?

Edited by SteelSandwich

• 2 weeks later...

YWgUJYF.png?1

Is this bonus for boarding only, or does it work for normal gunnery too?

(I only ask since the word "accuracy" is used.)

As this question doesn't seem to have been answered, I'll bump it:

Is the deck gun bonus only applicable in an anti-personnel role during boarding, or does it also provide additional accuracy in ship-to-ship action similar to Pellew sights?

• Like 1

Dear sirs.

I am horrible to write the kinds of posts written here.

I feel it is an huge desition to part the game up in zones. I realy hope you do not do this.

I am playing a game called elite dangerous that is a space ship game. What they did is to have 3 version of the same background simulator. Open world. Private server and solo play. You can choose either at anny time.

In open world there is an amazing amount of players that plays what ever they want. This game got 1 starting system only allthough there is players that enjoy killing new commanders there is also alot of commanders batteling them.

In naval action. You will start in the capital port of your faction. And the fact that ai's and other players can be dragged into the fray it is going to lessen the problem of having new players getting killed by veterans. Also this is going to promote groups of players opsing that kind of playing.

Another thing is that you can have x amount of peoples on either side. So pirating will be hugely risky..

Please please make this an truly open world.

I realise alot of peoples do not want this but you can have so much more in an true open world than having zones. Atleast then look at the eve style of setup. It is an hard desition i know. But an open world is not red zone..

It makes no sence. Atleast then concider different game mode instead.

My feelings with pirates is that they make the game spring to life. For every pirate faction you will have at least one pirate hunting group. It is the way of life. Elite dangerous works like this.

I realy realy hope you will concider this for a long time

Sincerly

Noobdelux

Proud member of Adles Armada (in elite dangerous)

Ps sorry for the wall of txt. Im on the phone

In the faction warfare (organized X vs X) battles pirates won't matter to anyone including pirates themselves. It's just group of ships against group of ships.

Regarding Piracy.

• Piracy or national allegiance is a way of life. It's not a flag. Like in Eve - Goonswarm or Test could be considered pirates to certain parties. But those are just well organized groups of people fighting for their cause.
  • On the open world we don't see any reason to limit certain groups of people from organizing into something big. In real life pirates were disorganized. I think if they wanted to they could easily capture couple of archipelagos, instead they decided to serve nations (Henry Morgan example).
  • So if a certain Navy want's pirates out of the game they can go and try to "crush them, see them driven away and hear the lamentations of their women".
To recap all this. on the open world there will be no pirates - there will be groups of people who decided to fight against all and raise their own flag over a group of ports (instead of British or Spanish). Players with national allegiance can do whatever they want with those pirate ports, capture them or burn them or leave them alone.