Game-Labs Forum

Open World for rest of players

I am just wondering if there is a ballpark figure as to when the rest of us will be allowed into the open world, I have not reached the requirements shipwise and will not reach it, kinda of pointless now with the new combat mechanics. I know everyone else grinded to get into the testing of the open world and i applaud them for their dedication and time , but the rest of us have invested in this game and should at least be given an approx date as to when we will be allowed into the open world also. I am not complaining of mine investment in the game as i knew what i was getting into when i purchased this game, just it would be nice if somehow some more info/dates could be provided to us other people whom have financially supported this game.

If this is posted somewhere else so sorry as i could not seem to find it.

• Like 2

@beatboy i also wait for open world... without grinding the momentary needed 'ship'. I think we must have a bit patience before all who payed something for NA are able to test also open world. And the most precise date is surely *soon* ;)

• Like 1

It's tentative at patch 2 (eta 1.5 weeks) if new server infrastructure works properly. If it does not it's guaranteed at patch 3 (another 2 weeks) or somewhere in between.

short version: it will happen within 30 days from today.

• Like 6

It's tentative at patch 2 (eta 1.5 weeks) if new server infrastructure works properly. If it does not it's guaranteed at patch 3 (another 2 weeks) or somewhere in between.

Just waiting for OW. It's been a long winter.

funny-hairy-animals-43.jpg

• Like 4

How long till Steam early access then?

• Like 1

Your better off waiting as long as possible for an EA release. Too many junk games from crappy developers, dont want to risk peoples first impression of this game another broken promise (i dont think it is and its superb for an alpha, but seeing it on EA always makes me wary.)

• Like 1

I agreed with Flavalicious. Maybe better to wait much longer for the Early Access before all these prying eyes screaming around and give this awesome game a negative rating. Just because it is not a final release-build with all expected content.

Lets give the developers more time and do it the right way.

Early Access means lot more money with much more pressure from the gamers. Because no ones wanted to wait ... they all will forget - its early access. :)

Well it is great on May 27th that we were told aprox 1.5 weeks, but since that time we have not had any official news or notes if this is going to happen , will we have a download notification?, will it just be an update when we log in next time? Since I will be a casual player and not have 24 hours a day to sail from point A to point B etc etc, I would like to test the open world and voice any limited concerns i may have from a casual player position as this will be a large part of where your player base and finances will come from. I know the developers time is limited and they are busy but a quick note here and there would be appreciated.

Just wanted to whine and complain a bit, just having one of those days.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this thread as I was also wondering when we would get access. I am now looking forward to roughly a weeks time ! It seems a bit stupid to keep the servers up for sea trials when there are only about 5-15 people on it at one time !    :D And Thanks for the info Admins !! Finally keep up the good work !

Well it is great on May 27th that we were told aprox 1.5 weeks, but since that time we have not had any official news or notes if this is going to happen , will we have a download notification?, will it just be an update when we log in next time? Since I will be a casual player and not have 24 hours a day to sail from point A to point B etc etc, I would like to test the open world and voice any limited concerns i may have from a casual player position as this will be a large part of where your player base and finances will come from. I know the developers time is limited and they are busy but a quick note here and there would be appreciated.

Just wanted to whine and complain a bit, just having one of those days.

There are quite a few extremely casual players providing input.  Thank you for your interest, you'll have plenty of opportunity to contribute once the new servers are in.  :)

So I had a few PVE battles last night (enough to move up to the Cutter) and in one of those games some people had joined which was fine we did a few battles together before one of them began firing on me. I have no idea why but as we came about to finish the final AI ship off I fired a single shot into his side and then opened a full broadside on the AI ship as I did this the guy fired a full broadside on me. Anyway although it was fun it felt like his plan was to reduce my chances of taking the final AI ship out so that he could have the reward for himself (I had been the highest scoring person in each of the battles he was in) He did manage to slow my ship down to the point that I was unable to catch up to the AI ship so yeah not so much fun when you can see the ship but can't catch up lol. I will continue to grind, I won't to try all the ships out and get a feel for them.

So I had a few PVE battles last night (enough to move up to the Cutter) and in one of those games some people had joined which was fine we did a few battles together before one of them began firing on me. I have no idea why but as we came about to finish the final AI ship off I fired a single shot into his side and then opened a full broadside on the AI ship as I did this the guy fired a full broadside on me. Anyway although it was fun it felt like his plan was to reduce my chances of taking the final AI ship out so that he could have the reward for himself (I had been the highest scoring person in each of the battles he was in) He did manage to slow my ship down to the point that I was unable to catch up to the AI ship so yeah not so much fun when you can see the ship but can't catch up lol. I will continue to grind, I won't to try all the ships out and get a feel for them.

Wait how does it work?

You initiated a battle and other players are pulled in or while you were in a battle other players showed up?

@John Paul

They join the same lobby as your in, sadly not many people are online and those that are tend to do PVP but sometimes you get some who are focusing on PVE and you might just so happen to join a PVE lobby where either someone is waiting for the battle to start or they join you while your waiting for the battle to start (they can't join a battle that has already started).

(for some reason it won't let me quote a post, using internet explorer).

Edited by Roy