Game-Labs Forum

Sea Trials results and next steps

Greetings Captains

Combat sea trials are officially over. We are going to keep servers live in case adventurous Captains wish to sail from time to time.

We received tons of precious feedback from you, and will use it to improve the game.

We would like to thank all the participants - it has been a blast and we enjoyed sailing and fighting with you. 

23GT4Df.jpg

We believe that results of the sea trials are very promising.

Even at this low content stage we have reached 25 hours average playtime - which is bigger than most games on steam (we are in top 25 i think)

1st positions in various categories

• Largest number of average battles per day - Captain Kaaru62
  • Largest damage per day - Captain Tommy Shelby
  • Largest number of battles - Captain MrDoran
  • Largest average damage per battle - Captain Thalion
  • Average kills per battle - Freddykrueger66
  • Most Victories - Captain Thomasew
  • Most Prizes (kills or boardings) - Captain Leviathan
  • Overall damage dealt to enemy fleets - Captain Fellvred
  • Combat efficiency - Captain Fenrir

Numbers are from pve/pvp group combat only.

Duels are not calculated in the stats, but i think you all know who was is in the leading position in the duel combat. 

If captains in question are ok with us disclosing numbers we will post them in a separate post + include top 10 captains in every category

Improvements that will be done based on the Sea Trials feedback.

Damage model

• Damage model 4.0 is being tested and will change a lot of things especially in cannon and crew damage.
  • Ballistics is somewhat changed and will need extensive testing
  • Aiming will be somewhat improved and we will add ability to shoot when looking through the telescope.
  • Fires and explosions are added
  • Double shot and chain reload times will be increased.
  • Boarding will be improved and new commands added. Commands will become important and you will no longer be able to only rely on crew size for winning
  • After damage model 4.0 is properly tested with you; we will rework leaks from hull penetrations, increasing its importance over structural leaks. Ships will sink slower, hull positional damage will have more influence.

Ships

• Several new models will appear in admiralty stores across the Caribbean
  • Better ship customization: At least 20 modules that will allow Captains to fine tune their ship performance. Some of the modules will be useful in combat, some in the open world.
  • Ship hidden characteristics will be added making every ship unique
  • We will also try to somewhat improve sailing models, accel/decel and inertia of vessels and add a button that will take down jibs and staysails allowing you to quickly depower sails by turning yards into proper positions.

Player and social components

• Player account implemented
  • Ranks added
  • New chat, mail, friend and ignore lists, and other useful features is already in the game

If we forgot anything please let us know.  We are starting work on the player controls remapping and hope to finish within 1 month.

Sea trials 2 will start as soon as we finish internal testing.

New stage will focus on the following areas:

• Damage model testing
  • Bug search and bug fixing
  • Open world distance testing
  • Open world national interaction testing
  • Piracy and its role
  • Progression testing
  • Basic money flows and inflation

Expect multiple wipes in the process. If you feel that you want to play instead of testing the game it is better to wait for the more stable version. All captains who were active in the sea trials 1 and 2 will receive in game rewards.

wipe = all data on your account will be reset

Detailed stats (as requested) PVE + PVP + Towers

Average battles per day - average battles per day based on overall time in game

1. Kaaru62 – 19,5
  2. King of Essex – 18
  3. Forrix Daekian 16
  4. Twotoesjoe – 10
  5. Sirkang – 10
  6. Gsnmeyer – 10
  7. Puchu – 9
  8. Brandonchat – 9
  9. Seamanstaines – 9
  10. MrDoran - 9

Largest damage per day - damage dealt over overall time in game

1. Tommy Shelby – 100k
  2. Fellvred – 100k
  3. Forrix Daekian – 93k
  4. Kaaru62 – 88k
  5. Leviathan – 82k
  6. Sirkang – 76k
  7. Dazedandconfused – 71k
  8. Tobacco split – 69k
  9. MG – 69k
  10. Snoopy – 68k

Largest number of battles

1. MrDoran – 1243
  2. King of Essex - 1097
  3. Kaaru62 – 1053
  4. Thomasew - 1049
  5. Winterhawk - 1030
  6. Leviathan - 997
  7. Prater - 988
  8. Fellvred - 949
  9. Orson Buggy - 893
  10. Prezesoi - 865

Average damage per battle

1. Thalion – 14k
  2. Tobacco split – 14k
  3. Demerzel – 13k
  4. Fellvred – 13k
  5. Freddykrueger66 – 13k
  6. Barubary – 13k
  7. Sir Cunningham – 12k
  8. Sir John Longshanks – 12k
  9. Snoopy – 11k
  10. Xaal66 – 11k

Average kills per battle

1. Freddykrueger66 – 2.14
  2. Sir Cunningham – 2.14
  3. Demerzel – 2
  4. Amnesia – 2
  5. Mormo – 1.98
  6. Harry white – 1.9
  7. Lethak – 1.8
  8. Paragon – 1.8
  9. Mcguinness – 1.7
  10. Delkajet2k – 1.7

Most victories

1. Thomasew – 943
  2. Orson Buggy – 804
  3. Leviathan – 747
  4. Senseisspcc55 – 718
  5. Fellvred – 605
  6. Prater – 578
  7. Winterhawk – 550
  8. Jantog – 532
  9. JG26_lee45 – 521
  10. Kaaru62 – 482

Most prizes (kills or boardings) vs Own ship Losses

1. Leviathan           1694/289
  2. Thomasew         1671/63!!
  3. Fellvred              1606/425
  4. Orson buggy      1271/69
  5. Sir Cunningham 1262/158
  6. Senseispcc55    1113/65
  7. Prater                 1074/403
  8. Demerzel           1060/206
  9. Xaal66                 975/301
  10. JG26_lee45           936/65

Overall damage to enemy fleets

1. Fellvred – 12 mln
  2. Leviathan – 10 mln
  3. Sir Cunningham – 7 mln
  4. Xaal66 – 7 mln
  5. Demerzel – 7 mln
  6. Prater – 7 mln
  7. Thomasew – 6 mln
  8. Senseispcc55 – 6 mln
  9. Klava pupkina – 6 mln
  10. Dazedandconfused – 5 mln
  • Like 46

No one has done straight 24 hours of battles yet?

/disappoint :)

I can very much believe this was a top 25 game in /played...so when does ST2 start again?  Next week or something?

Forgive me it's pretty early in the morning where I live, but how can the Vic have a 62% survive rate yet not have a better win rate than the bel at 61% ??  I mean typically if you survived you were on the winning team right?

Edited by Booyaah

I've done that a couple of times Booyah (Well, interrupted by a couple of 15-30 minutes eating breaks) - I'm sure others have aswell! ^^

The improvements sounds great and you have covered everything i had hoped for (And more than that). 

It has truly been a "testing phase" filled with pleasure - It didn't take me more than five minutes to forget all about the "testing" part and i've felt like i've been playing a game that's very close to being finished. The game so far is great and i can't wait for the improvements to come. - And not only is the game great but the community at this point seems very nice so far. Well, i've just enjoyed myself so far to be 100% honest. 

- I personally would love to see the top 10 in all the categories mentioned (And other categories if you have them). It might just be me but i love looking at such data ^^ 

Thanks for giving us the chance to be part of this - I look very much forward to what the future will bring! 

Best of luck, may the wind be with you!

Cheers.

Tommy Shelby.

• Like 5

also, I'd love to see the top 10 of players.

Ps. can we have a very very rough estimate of when you are hoping to release this stuff? LIke "we hope 2 weeks but it might take 5" something like that that by no means is final or officiale :P

7000 captains! I didn't realize it was that high.

Very cool to see some of the data from all the testing. It would be interesting to see even more data about each ship and so on to put things further into perspective. Looking forward to the next round.

• Like 3

Thanks for a great game so fare, have had allot of fun, cried allot of tears and screamed at the screen. I would love to see some more stats as well and the top 10 list, i just know that MrDoran, Tommy and Kaaru would be on the list the are all good captains and have had allot of fun fighting you.

Now i am looking forward to some more fun in testing, sailing and fighting.

BRGDS

Calder dk

Very cool stuff. Top 10 would be fun to see for sure. I'm very excited to see the progress that has been made.

It's too bad the pvp and pve stats are lumped together. Both of them throw the other ones stats off. :)

• Like 4

Like the direction you guys are going in.  Looking forward to ST2 and even the wipe.  It will be really nice to start over fresh with the changes to see how things play out from day one. Luckily there wasn't one ship I totally disliked to sail (well the brig was a bit I guess generic is the word and it did kind of suck to have to play it twice over with the Brig and Navy Brig back to back).  

Any idea on time frame so I can plan around making sure I have time to test?

7000 is a pretty good number and not a lot of people know this game even exists.

Thanks for a great game so fare, have had allot of fun, cried allot of tears and screamed at the screen. I would love to see some more stats as well and the top 10 list, i just know that MrDoran, Tommy and Kaaru would be on the list the are all good captains and have had allot of fun fighting you.

Now i am looking forward to some more fun in testing, sailing and fighting.

BRGDS

Calder dk

If you're screaming at the screen now when stats are irrelevant imagine once open world testing comes around. People are going to be kiting and everyone's gonna get mad because engagements are gonna last so long :P cant wait

Edited by Jack Freedom
  • Like 1

An absolute pleasure to have been a part of this, would really like to see the Stats of the Top 10 in each Category, can you add the Top 10 of Damage dished out from Captains controlling Portobello Towers also? Good Fun was had on those towers, by myself at least :D .

Will the game still be available for the usual Battles or will the entire game be taken off until the next phase is ready?

I take it in the next phase of testing we will be in a more "Open World" scenario?

I for one think this is the best "Age of Sail" game of its' kind ever to have been developed, at the stage it is at now it is better than any Naval Battle game of it's kind so God only knows how great this is going to be when it fully launches.

Well Done Devs and THANK YOU, SO, so much fun had!!!

Congratulations to you all for a super,well tested game.

I notice the 7000 Captains,will you be able to cope with 700,000? Surely not an unreasonable number!!

I wish every success in your endeavour and I hope to give a fair share of my playing time to this great game.

Well I had a ball with the first set of trials and cant wait for this to be released...will keep an eye on the forums....and keep up the brilliant work.

Wipes are fine if announced. Tis indeed an Alpha...and the little ships are heaps of fun anyway.

7000 captains! I didn't realize it was that high.

Very cool to see some of the data from all the testing. It would be interesting to see even more data about each ship and so on to put things further into perspective. Looking forwa8rd to the next round.

That's cuz you ain't smoked enough

• Like 3

Forgive me it's pretty early in the morning where I live, but how can the Vic have a 62% survive rate yet not have a better win rate than the bel at 61% ??  I mean typically if you survived you were on the winning team right?

Bellona contributes more to winning but sinks more often. 

• Like 2