Game-Labs Forum

Should Danmark-Norge och Sverige be Neutral Nations?

Should Danmaek-Norge och Sverige (Sweden) be Neutral Nations?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Denmark-Norway and Sweden be Neutral Nations?

So they don't get completely destroyed at the beginning and the players that choose them aren't completely blown out of the water. No pun intended. I don't know, I guess they don't have to be but it would definitely rule out having to put in incentives to cause people to join Sweden. 

You also have to wonder, if playing Sweden is impossible why even add it as a faction? If it is impossible to go light speed you might as well not even try.

Edited by Kapten Holm

Different factions, different objectives. I assume that RvR will be NOT copy of PotBS "balanced rvr". Let overpopulated nations fight for global economic and military dominance.

Small fractions can fight for other things - in some niche dominance.

For example - become most hated privateer pack around.

I hope that in the end, Swedish privateers will not need wind to sail - our ships will be powered by enemies QQ  :)

well in the initial prototype it all does not matter due to

1) several data wipes that will happen in the process (at least 1)

2) things might change and national mechanics might look differently after testing and incorporating player feedback

3) in the prototype ports are not capturable at all (due to port battles mechanics not implemented yet) so you are safe. 

• Like 4

Sverige (Sweden) be Neutral Nations?

Swedish Navy

Coat of arms of the Swedish Navy.

Founded June 7, 1522

Country Sweden

Part of Swedish Armed Forces

Garrison/HQ Karlskrona

Gothenburg

Berga

March Flottans paradmarsch by Wagner

Anniversaries 9th of July (Battle of Svensksund)

Engagements Swedish War of Liberation (1510-23)

Count's Feud (1534-36)

Russo-Swedish War (1554–57)

Nordic Seven Years' War (1563-70)

Russo-Swedish War (1590–95)

Polish–Swedish War (1600–29)

Ingrian War (1610–1617)

Kalmar War (1611-13)

Thirty Years' War (1630–1648)

Torstenson War (1643-45)

Second Nordic War (1657-60)

Scanian War (1675-79)

Great Nordic War (1700-1721)

Russo-Swedish War (1741–43)

Seven Years' War (1756-1763)

Russo-Swedish War (1788–90)

First Barbary War (1801–1802)

War of the Fourth Coalition (1805–1810)

Finnish War (1808–1809)

Dano-Swedish War of 1808-1809

Swedish-Norwegian War (1814)

Operation Atalanta 2008 – ongoing

Cold War 1970 - ?

Commanders

Current

commander Rear Admiral Jan Thörnqvist

Insignia

Naval Ensign and Jack

Naval Ensign 1844–1905

Naval Ensign 1815–1844

well in the initial prototype it all does not matter due to

1) several data wipes that will happen in the process (at least 1)

2) things might change and national mechanics might look differently after testing and incorporating player feedback

3) in the prototype ports are not capturable at all (due to port battles mechanics not implemented yet) so you are safe. 

Great! Thanks for the clear-up.

so what we are saying - its the perfect time to test the hardest nation)) and help us improve it and make it hard but compelling.

I was just wondering why it would be "impossible". Why make it not like Russia or Ottomans. Russia was more powerful than Sweden at the time. Just wondering, thanks.

What I see in the latest polls tells me that most that are choosing Sweden are choosing because they want that super hard challenge.  I think Sweden will be populated by Hard fighters, or at least people who think they are hard fighters, and they will be a tough nut to crack.  *breaks out his best nutcracker*

What I see in the latest polls tells me that most that are choosing Sweden are choosing because they want that super hard challenge.  I think Sweden will be populated by Hard fighters, or at least people who think they are hard fighters, and they will be a tough nut to crack.  *breaks out his best nutcracker*

Yup, exactly. Get ready for those hardy Swedish sailors! :D

• Like 1

Its clear, first game mechanisms must be tested before you can polish a real gameplay. But that we can test swedish, danish or main nations first 'only' for functionality in an 'open world' is and will be also interesting.

For testing mechanics I don't really think it matters which nations are playable.

There appears to be a lot of work yet for the developers and still lots of primary, secondary and tertiary plans that may all get binned or combined after testing and feedback.

For me I would like all Nations to be playable and allow player interaction and game mechanics to permit coalitions of all / any nations to be formed as the game progresses.

An important question is "Will there be a Victory point" ? Something for coalitions to aim for with suitable reward and possible period of peace that follows for new diplomacy amongst players to occur. New alliances made for the next "Victory point". Or will the game be completely free forming with no Diplomatic reset built into the game.

Remember even the main powers of the time had periods of peace in order to rebuild and renegotiate alliances.

Edited by Crankey
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sweden is not impossible to play.

Until Dutch finally realize the Swedish players are not associated with Doran and the Rakers and they are now pirates it will stay the same.

If the US and GB can keep the tiny nations and fleets at war with each other then they have free reign to dominate.

Not sure why no one sees this.

So keep on fighting over something that those that play for Sweden Flag now had nothing to do with and neither nation will grow like it should.

Run into a lot of Dutch players ask why the war between Sweden and Them I say because no one on your side has stopped the hate long enough to realize the ones that caused it have been pirates now for a long time and long gone.

They just say wow that's foolish we slow our growth.... how can I disagree with them your Higher ups in your Countries flotilla are so busy hating they don't see those they hate are long gone for 2 months or so now lol.

Sweden neutral noooo I would hate to see all those hours wasted to keep playing after 3 nations tried to wipe Sweden off the map and failed.

Cease fire between the smaller nations.. doubt it till those higher up stop long enough to see what is going on and realize they are wasting their time with an imaginary enemy long moved on to pirates and wake up.