Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

1 hour ago, JaM said:

Id not just DDs... Semi-Dreadnought hulls all have this issue and no matter number of guns assigned, it always shows ?? error...

Then probably players will need more detailed log file (Player.log or some another), which will thoroughly describe process of running game from very start to end. This log can be then sent to devs for debug.

Uploaded Repaired version including the following:
- Fixed bug that did not allow player ships to be validated in the constructor, if they did not have a certain number of guns  (We are very sorry for this temporary inconvenience).
- Fixed event messages appearing in the menu after a finished campaign.
- Fixed the scale of large caliber Spanish guns (they were too small). This change will most possibly require a re-design of Spanish late tech ships).

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Uploaded Repaired version x2 including the following:
- Fixed sun movement and world orientation. Now the sun will properly rise from the east and set from the west. The lighting fixes will make weather graphics even better.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 3

Smoke direction bug, most likely from the latest update.

JBoVnLC.jpg

Montenegro incredible people resilience bug.

lkrcEE8.jpg

60k troops for a 320k population.

U8bJIkX.jpg

June 1890 the invasion begins against the most armed population in the world. Not even the Americans have so many guns per capita compared to these guys.

GLyDMEz.jpg

May 1891, so almost a year later.  My army is already down to half the size but the Montenegro people, those crazy guys, keep replacing the dead with fresh meat. They are probably arming the women and the old at this point.

veFp9LL.jpg

May 1892, so 2 years since the start of the invasion. My government, not please enough to get their ass kicked by a small country in the south, decided to start another war against the Serbia people. What possible could go wrong, right? At this point, the Montenegro people losses are so great that they are already arming the kids to send them to trenches.

LfwCRDs.jpg

January 1893, so 2.5 years since the start of the invasion, the war ended. Around 30% of the total Montenegro population was killed, but they won. What can I say? Fair game, I guess.

Issues with this situation:

• Montenegro army size is unrealistic if we take into consideration the population numbers.
  • Does not matter how many are the casualties, they always had around 60k troops to defend the land. Bug?
  • I can't do anything to improve my situation and because it is a minor nation, my government will never increase spending to recruit and send more men to the war.

Just had a war both end and continue on the same turn.  I got 4 territories from Britain when they sued for peace, but the war continues!

Of course, I thought the game would resolve the issue next turn, it did not.  In game bug report submitted.

EDIT:  War finally ended after both Britain and my country plus me begging for peace for 2 years!  However, I lost so much in those 2 years, transports especially, that I am effectively disarmed now. 

Edited by Suribachi

It would be very good to limit the number of certain ships in each tactical group, for example, to limit the number of destroyers and torpedo boats depending on the number of capital ships that they have to defend (4 destroyers for one such ship, or 2). Because now, due to the fact that countries such as the USA and Great Britain are building hundreds of small ships, because of which not only the gameplay suffers, but also the performance, because more than once I have come across such that in one battle against my big ships there are 30 small ships together with which battleships, battlecruisers and various cruisers are still in battle. It might also be a good idea to reduce the bonuses to the navy budget that the AI gets during war, in order to limit shipbuilding capability.

35 minutes ago, __Arminius_ said:

It might also be a good idea to reduce the bonuses to the navy budget that the AI gets during war, in order to limit shipbuilding capability.

You basically choose that yourself when selecting difficulty.
Higher difficulty setting = more money for the AI.

But I'd also like to see more options there when generating a campaign.
So while difficulty regulates how much money the AI gets relative to the player, a separate funds setting could regulate how much money everyone gets.
So selecting Low Funds would multiply everyone's GDP by 0.5 (half), Normal Funds is the regular we have now, High Funds multiplied GDP by 1.5, and Legendary Funds multiplies everyone's GDP by 2.
So Legendary Funds + Legendary Difficulty would result in absolutely huge AI navies, while Low Funds and Easy would make things more manageable for newer players.

So there's something for those who would want smaller navies and fewer ships overall, and something for those who would want giant navies and more big battles with potentially a hundred ships per side (task force sizes could also be adjusted), and something in between.

I do kind of miss the huge 100+ ship battles we had prior to task force limits being introduced some times, but I realize not everyone wants that or even has a PC that can run that.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:50 PM, Warspite96 said:

Since the most recent update my campaign map and UI is really blurry, almost like its not running at the correct resolution or something, but its fine according to my settings. Does anyone have a fix?

I had this happen a few updates ago, but in my case it actually was the resolution. Have you tried restarting the game and checking the settings again (after the restart)?

It would be good eventually to do revision of secondary turrets at superstructure positions for all nations, because it is still possible create "Frankestein sets", where sec. turrets are deeply cut into tower/funnel body. Collision detection somehow do not work here, so my idea is set these hard-points down to 5 in at max. If we look at historical ships, there BB Iowa class had 5 in, even bigger Montana-class had planned 5 in too, japanese BB Yamato the same. Russian WW2 BBs had planned 6 in and 3.9 in sec guns, so in overall 5 in too. These guns were reliable and effective enough in practice.

Left - 8.9 in GB sec - real ugly. Right - 5.9 in still somehow acceptable at this positions.

GB-8.9-inch.jpg

The dreaded target lock bug is back, very high probability of seeing it in late game battles with only one ship on each side. Aiming progress ends up as a negative number and the ship cannot progress it’s aiming meaning it will just fire all its shells into the ocean. Ships will sometimes fix themselves, but this is inconsistent and they frequently encounter the same issue moments later. Turning guns off and on again does not clear the problem, nor does forcing the ‘Angle!’ Status, nor does the Ctrl-Space command. If there is more than one ship the problem can be cleared by targeting a different ship, and then targeting the original ship (this can’t be done in a 1v1 though)

I’ve checked if it’s the balance mod, behaviour occurs on vanilla

Occurs with the ship on AI control

Occurs when the ship isn’t given any course changes and is sailing at a constant speed.

Reported in game as well as here, I also recorded once instance of the behaviour I saw (the same one I used to send a bug report) hopefully that helps track the problem down!

https://youtu.be/QeQDB2wefh0

This GB 8.9 in turret is for 1920 year.

Another fun turret has GB for 1940 year.  sec turret 7.0 in is gradually bigger than 7.9 in.

And here Japanese BB ugly set. Sec. turret deep cut into both tower and funnel, still all green.

JPN-sec.jpg

Edited by Oxygenes

8 minutes ago, StoneofTriumph said:

This enemy running away thing has gotten way out of hand. I'm currently in a battle where the enemy has six 50,000 ton battleships and I have only 3 30,000 ton ships, and the enemy is still retreating.

It's kind of extremely annoying. Why was this silly mechanics implemented at all in the first place?!?

1 minute ago, Zuikaku said:

It's kind of extremely annoying. Why was this silly mechanics implemented at all in the first place?!?

Silly would be the AI to not have the option to retreat.  The issue is how it is implemented.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Silly would be the AI to not have the option to retreat.  The issue is how it is implemented.

I agree this is ridiculous. At least have a pop up that says the enemy has chosen to withdraw, do you want to pursue? 

• Like 4