Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

well it's 100% of your  income not your balance. It buys you time but it's not a way of keeping you out of war forever. 

It is not. As the text says it is 100% of the currently saved up money.

I had an income of about 170 million per month at the time and as you can see in the screenshot it would have taken over a billion off of me.

If it merely took one month worth of income from me, it would not be much of an issue.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

Nick Thomadis
This post was recognized by Nick Thomadis!

Lima was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 5 points.

8 minutes ago, Lima said:

The weight of this soviet turret is simply incredible (no armor) @Nick Thomadis

100% STALINIUM 100%

101239913913.png

Now AI is suffering very much from mines. AI does not prioritize mine hunter kit and the capacity of the shipyards is limited, so there are a lot of damaged ships and they are slowly being repaired. I decided to make a lot of destroyers for my new campaign and everything was fine until I got to STALINIUM GUN. Russian 102-127mm mk4-5 guns have a huge weight. No one has that much weight.

I love destroyers, and there are not so many unique hulls for them. The Russians have a beautiful hulls (italian), but this STALINIUM GUN is attached to it. I just can't watch a good hull suffer because of this wunderwaffe.

13 minutes ago, Lima said:

Now AI is suffering very much from mines. AI does not prioritize mine hunter kit and the capacity of the shipyards is limited, so there are a lot of damaged ships and they are slowly being repaired. I decided to make a lot of destroyers for my new campaign and everything was fine until I got to STALINIUM GUN. Russian 102-127mm mk4-5 guns have a huge weight. No one has that much weight.

I love destroyers, and there are not so many unique hulls for them. The Russians have a beautiful hulls (italian), but this STALINIUM GUN is attached to it. I just can't watch a good hull suffer because of this wunderwaffe.

Yeah. The last 3 turns of current war between Germany and the Soviet Union (1906) gave me SEVEN popups of nothing but German ships being damaged by mines.

7 hours ago, Lima said:

Now one main caliber turret is enough. In general, this is good, but now the AI will create even greater abominations than before.

2023-01-13-18-34-17.png

there is sometimes i want to create small caliber ships with almost no big ones, so this is a change that i want

• Like 2

Current issues.  The accuracy is horrific.  Before every jumps my case and says L2P I have all the upgrades possible and have been rushing rangefinding, towers, guns, seasoned crew etc.. I am steady on my course, at cruising speed to increase accuracy and I have like a 3.2% chance to hit a BB that is 3 KM away from me in a BC.  Meanwhile AA using 9 inch guns is absolutely shredding me hitting about 15% of shots and They have changed something with the accuracy mechanic. Its horrid right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lima said:

Actually all other guns are very light... thanks for the feedback, we will address.

EDIT:
The specific gun is indeed overweight. Other small changes are needed too.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Actually all other guns are very light... thanks for the feedback, we will address.

EDIT:
The specific gun is indeed overweight. Other small changes are needed too.

A quick mention about gun model selection. I wouldn't worry about this for awhile, but here's an example of a  Russian CL. [awesome work on the hotfixes btw, this patch went from being one of the worst to one of the best over a 2 week timespan] 

TFse7kc.png

The low tier, single gun mounts for secondaries on russian cruisers [maybe a few other countries] are these turret mounts, which on cruisers are a pain to try and mount. Those mounting points are definitely assuming that the small shielded guns are being used here. This is true of some larger ships as well but it's a lot more punishing as the hull gets smaller.

Protected cruisers in general [usually called light cruiser I, II, IV] are modeled after ships that almost exclusively used gun mounts with shields and not fully enclosed turrets. Some protected cruisers had large [7-9 inch guns] in single turrets but those turrets were narrower since unlike in UAD they're not designed to accommodate up to 3 guns inside of them. They also had 6 inch casemate weapons that would have been part of the main battery if the main guns were 6 inch or secondary if they were 7-9 inches] [light cruiser casemates are treated as secondary batteries and limited by default to 3 inches IIRC] 

For a faction like China, the tier 1-2 light guns are also in turrets [both single and double] which are a lot 'thicker'.
The new models look very nice but they're impractically sized for a light cruiser. 

There are also pretty big differences between default barrel lengths for different guns of the same size and tier but different model. I feel like at a given tier they should all be the same and the player should decide whether they want to go with x"/30 caliber or x"/55 caliber

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Plazma said:

I found that I can't change the speed of my ships sometimes, do you have similar issue? 

Yes.  It seems sometimes if I go to AI control and back off it "solves" it...but only sometimes.

Other problem I encountered (although not sure which update) was my destroyers would not change direction.  This has happened on multiple occasions.  I wanted to go one direction, clicked to turn, the green heading indicator showed the direction, but yet my ship continued steaming straight ahead.  One time it was pointed straight into the center of the enemy formation.  HMS Dead Meat.

Another one I have seen now for multiple patches is when you go to save the campaign it does not reflect the new time/date of the save until you exit out of the game.  So, if I hit save at 10pm last night before bed and the loaded up this morning it would show me last save date of yesterday 10pm.  Then I play for awhile and at 10am hit save.  Then go on playing some more and then go to save again at 11am...it would show still yesterday at 10pm as the most recent.

11 hours ago, Lima said:

Now one main caliber turret is enough. In general, this is good, but now the AI will create even greater abominations than before.

2023-01-13-18-34-17.png

Actually, only one gun is allowed upon refit. Which I don't know if it is intentional or a bug, but I think it is reallistic, as sometimes older ships got guns/turrets removed with time.

This is how I refitted my Pelayo class (Originally it had two main turrets side to side, but no longer fitted after going from Mk I to Mk 2)
Captura_de_pantalla_2023-01-14_000701.pn

I dunno if being allowed to do this is intentional or not, but please don't remove it. I think it is reallistic being able of only have one single turret on refitted old ships.

2 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

Actually, only one gun is allowed upon refit. Which I don't know if it is intentional or a bug, but I think it is reallistic, as sometimes older ships got guns/turrets removed with time.

This is how I refitted my Pelayo class (Originally it had two main turrets side to side, but no longer fitted after going from Mk I to Mk 2)
Captura_de_pantalla_2023-01-14_000701.pn

I dunno if being allowed to do this is intentional or not, but please don't remove it. I think it is reallistic being able of only have one single turret on refitted old ships.

That is definitely a bug & certainly unrealistic. Turrets were removed from older ships because usually, refits were demanded to improve speed at the loss of firepower, not because they could only mess with one gun for some bizarre reason.

I am noticing very slow to non-existent aiming progress. [aim progress resetting after every shot back to 0] I thought this might have been the result of my modding the resources.assets, but when re-install the base version i get the same problem. 

Previous versions seemed to give you the lock bonus and 'range found' [and pretty massive hit rates] almost immediately

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

I am noticing very slow to non-existent aiming progress. [aim progress resetting after every shot back to 0] I thought this might have been the result of my modding the resources.assets, but when re-install the base version i get the same problem. 

Previous versions seemed to give you the lock bonus and 'range found' [and pretty massive hit rates] almost immediately

This checks out with what I am seeing as well. I am fully focused on one ship, doing all the things right (speed, not changing course, etc.) and not getting hits despite upgrades etc..  Very low hit chances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

1 hour ago, Gsam said:

This checks out with what I am seeing as well. I am fully focused on one ship, doing all the things right (speed, not changing course, etc.) and not getting hits despite upgrades etc..  Very low hit chances.

Same here. Hopefully this gets looked in to asap. Pretty big one this

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Alnitak said:

His shipbuilding structure is purely torpedo-proof, can't you see😅In fact, when your battleship tilts significantly, it will lose its combat effectiveness. Generally, 5-7 torpedoes are enough.Also, don't hit the same module area.

5 x 22 inch torpedoes

1.thumb.PNG.737515b6f5c7c1bccc53ce310d82e273.PNG

The power of torpedoes

1.thumb.jpg.e17e172cea3c337f0233af51b72071af.jpg

And The enemy is walking in the ‘precision’ fire.1719423799_2(3).thumb.jpg.d327a1e0f65d84ffbb8407ba0a3178f7.jpg

Version answer save and load, kill with one blow🤣1.thumb.jpg.1570df0aee1fa9f9801aec9efdfa199c.jpg

Edited by Alnitak

The year is 1894. In a new campaign, playing as the British, I was having a merry old time fighting the Spanish, cursing the very existance of the Torpedo Cruiser (HMS Triumph, you shall be remembered), and a turn ago I agreed to peace talks. I'm looking forwards to claiming many Spanish colonies in the resulting treaty. My strategy of "Light Cruisers, Light Cruisers everywhere!" has meant Spanish TRs have been sinking at an alarming rate.

Suddenly, SPAIN HAS COLLAPSED. Four years in. Suddenly, my desire to seize overseas territories stops dead as a quick change of flag from yellow & red to grey renders a whole swathe of South East Asia and the Caribbean immune to my rule. This is completely killed my desire to play this campaign. Governments should actively surrender when faced with imminent economic collapse; war stops that turn, anyone they are fighting gets a bonus to their VP, and the nation itself then seeks to avoid *any* war until they've managed to get things levelled out.

The alternative should be that when the government collapses, any 'ungoverned' territory should be claimable by any nation who can deploy enough naval force to the local area. In short, showing the flag and putting enough landing parties ashore to 'reassure' the remains of the colonial administration that they'll be looked after by your government, rather than the current implementation where you have to twiddle your thumbs and hope the new leader of the area calls your government a doo-doo head to justify an invasion (which will likely fail, but hey ho).

Futher thoughts: The AI needs to put greater weight on actually defending their sea regions. The Spanish seemingly deployed their entire fleet into SE Asia, leaving nothing to protect Spain and one or two ships in the Caribbean. If they'd kept their CAs & TBs at home, and placing CLs out to their colonies, I doubt they'd have suffered such severe TR losses.

Edited by AdmiralBert
More thoughts
  • Like 1

Well with 100% certainty I can say the   laggy  gameplay of late is interface related (the one that gets worse when you hover over a ship). If you  minimize the lateral  "window" where the ships data and weapons are displayed the game  runs, no joke, 3 times faster.  That window alone  uses more CPU than the whole rest of the game.  It is 100%  repeatable, display it, lag returns immediately, hide it, game becomes smooth as butter.

• Like 1