Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

3 hours ago, GronusCZ said:

Same battle after update.

Assumption: The problem is somewhere in the targeting. In 1.09.3 everything was fine.

Bez názvu.jpg

Weird, I feel like it's gotten a lot better. Of course, I should say that I never had a slideshow, but the drop in FPS was pretty bad.

41 minutes ago, Lima said:

Weird, I feel like it's gotten a lot better. Of course, I should say that I never had a slideshow, but the drop in FPS was pretty bad.

The problem is that it's not always the same. Sometimes it's a lot and sometimes it's not enough.
Considering that it did this even for light ships in small numbers, it will not be the number of cannons.
I manually deleted and disabled the shared designs (just in case).

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 4:12 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

*Update 18*
- Fixed problems that caused premature dissolve of Major Nations after losing some provinces. This needs test on a new campaign.

Works on an old campaign. Before this update, Italy failed to be reborn about ten times.

099149142142.jpg

I just had my country launch a land invasion from Poland to Prussia and the arrow pointed from Polant to the west, directly at Eatern Germany instead of the North were it should have pointed.

Unfortunately due to Germany's dissolution, the invasion only said "Ungoverned Territory" while the invasion was going on, so I only realized there was an error after we took Prussia.

Speaking of which, I think it would be a very good idea to add the territory that is attacked to the messages and invasion tooltip either in addition to the nation holding the province, or maybe even instead of the nation.

4 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Any chance the coastal defense ships could get a different two-letter abreviation so it's easier to avoid accidentally sticking a 16 knot ship into a formation of other ships?

I totally agree. We need more classes. Coastal defence ships should be a different class. Armoured cruisers should be a differenc class from CA. Protected cruisers should be a thing. Large cruisers should be separated from battlecruisers. And we should be able to manually classify our ships for deployment purposes. Shouldn't be too difficult to code.

Edited by The PC Collector
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, kineuhansen said:

2 times in my test campaigns i went to war with the usa ai and each time they got free victory points and after 6 turns they had arround 10456 victory points with no battles they need some nerf

Sounds like you were losing lot of transports. You need to send tf everywhere where this happenes and protect them

How does minelaying work.

I have a destroyer class with minelaying equpment and neither at war nor at peace, neither in port nor out at sea I get a stance to lay (or for that matter sweep) mines.

I do get occasional messages about how other faction's ships have taken damage from mines, so is this like naval invading neutral nations something that only the AI can currently do?

21 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

How does minelaying work.

I have a destroyer class with minelaying equpment and neither at war nor at peace, neither in port nor out at sea I get a stance to lay (or for that matter sweep) mines.

I do get occasional messages about how other faction's ships have taken damage from mines, so is this like naval invading neutral nations something that only the AI can currently do?

Minelaying is only done during war time.  If the minelayer is in port, it seems to boost the ports own defensive minefield.  If your minelayer is out in open water, especially in hostile waters, in theory they are laying mines around a stationary task force causing damage to any hostile ships that wander into range and do not have sufficient mine sweeping capabilities.  I can only speculate on this last part, however, as it is not rendered in game with a circle like the defensive minefields around a port are.  @Nick Thomadis can correct me on these points if I am mistaken.

• Like 1

In that case I suggest to add such a stance.

Going by what the mine technology tooltips say, there appears to be at least a chance to run into your own mines, so I might not want my ships to automatically blanket everything in mines by going near.

I'm also not a fan of minelying only working in wartime. Laying mines in preparation for a potential war before it breaks out should be an option... obviously a ship in minelaying stance would cause quite a bit of tension if done in someone else's waters.

So about the AI being more aggressive. I think that might not actually be the case, as I went into a battle against 1 8,000 ton CL and 3 DD's with a single 10,000 ton CL at my disposal. This fight could be called roughly even, but rather than fight it out and find out, the enemy decided to run. And not just normal running, they are absolutely booking it trying to avoid poor old Mainz. So much so, that an old bug I haven't seen in a very long time cropped back up.
XC5IJff.png
The AI is so committed to declining a fair fight, I literally have to chase them to the edges of the world.

Also:
There's something a bit off with this results screen.
ArQ18af.png

Edited by SodaBit
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

So about the AI being more aggressive. I think that might not actually be the case, as I went into a battle against 1 8,000 ton CL and 3 DD's with a single 10,000 ton CL at my disposal. This fight could be called roughly even, but rather than fight it out and find out, the enemy decided to run. And not just normal running, they are absolutely booking it trying to avoid poor old Mainz. So much so, that an old bug I haven't seen in a very long time cropped back up.
XC5IJff.png
The AI is so committed to declining a fair fight, I literally have to chase them to the edges of the world.

Also:
There's something a bit off with this results screen.
ArQ18af.png

Do you remember if they hit any mines before the fight?  From the results screen, it looks suspiciously like the ships were already damaged and not at full strength.  RIP to the sailor that fell overboard when they turned to flee

Edited by Suribachi

I have played a few campaigns so far each lasted about 20 years before they become unplayable. Campaign 1, I played from 1890-1910 every five years two nations collapsed within a few months apart. The second campaign I noticed the same thing. The third campaign I started after the 18th hotfix. This time I started in 1910, Spain Collapsed in 1915, then Germany a couple months later. Spain came back six years later but is going to take a decade or two to be even competitive again against other AI nations. Germany hasn't come back yet. Then in 1920 Britain collapsed and a few months later Austria-Hungry. At this point there's no competition any more I have the world's largest navy and second largest economy behind the US. None of the countries fell apart militarily they all had economic events that triggered their collapse or huge losses on the high seas. Spain and Austria-Hungry I understood their demise since the AI lost the majority of its fleet and then the country became economically insolvent as it rushed to build replacements for what they had lost. Germany and Britain was expanding by land before they collapsed and did not suffer losses on the battlefield. If I kept playing this campaign China would probably collapse in five but the US would shock me by collapsing shortly after. 

1. Un Governed areas need to suffer from more invasions and or rebellions. 

2.Make the economies more reliant, one Battle shouldnt end a war and an empire. 

3. Before Empires collapse their should be a revolution or at least some government change 

20 hours ago, Heet said:

This is working as intended.  There's a cut-off point on every hull where adding 0.1 knot will blow up the cost and the weight.  There's a couple of "soft-breaks" where you'll see cost increases with 0.1 knot increase (I believe it's 32.4 to 32.5 knots on the German Modern BB-1), and then there's a "hard-break" like what you have there where any additional speed is basically impossible without making huge sacrifices.

Well  There is some easy math with exponential equation that can make it look a bit less dumb although. Just add to the weight the engine weight multiplied by Base^(1+number of knots above  optimal speed) and things will seems more natural. with the same final result.

The revival of the country works only for several turns

If a revived country has few transports, it will disintegrate due to the loss of GDP. A new campaign. I think a reborn country should start with 100% of transports.

• Like 1

Just now, Lima said:

The revival of the country works only for several turns

If a revived country has few transports, it will disintegrate due to the loss of GDP. A new campaign. I think a reborn country should start with 100% of transports.

In my case the Soviet Union finally came back to just dissolve two turns later beause it lost control over too many home provinces xD