Game-Labs Forum

Core Patch 1: "Arriving"

Nick Thomadis

Ye, im wondering what the devs are doing thats taking up a lot of time. hopefully we see a few more mechanical features, like better armour zones, internal armour. guns that fire in a ordered sequence consistently unless they start taking damage.

and also old boags.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coalminer said:

On the 10% increase, this has also been demonstrated in the past that random numbers are pulled out for "balance purposes". A baseline of what these numbers were based on is not given nor any justifications (e.g. random historic paper so that the community could atleast comment or feedback on the proposed changes) on why such changes. There are numerous sources on the internet on characteristics of naval armour used, couldnt one of these be cited or extrapolated to provide the baseline reference number? Disclosing the numbers would also make it easier for the community to help tweak and refine the armour resistance down the line.

I'm not a game maker but my guess is when developing from scratch, the question to answer must be 'Do we have a game?'

Along with that, UAD draws in the historical enthusiast, naturally too, so while some prefer authenticity, it might not answer the question. Balancing is inevitable. Hopefully the holdup is not this question either!

18 hours ago, Commander-Alexander-Reed said:

Will they even BOTHER developing it for that long?

SF will, they'll squeeze this rock to the last. 

Edited by Skeksis

6 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Ye, im wondering what the devs are doing thats taking up a lot of time. hopefully we see a few more mechanical features, like better armour zones, internal armour. guns that fire in a ordered sequence consistently unless they start taking damage.

and also old boags.

There's alot of new features in this update, wholesale changes too, which would effect things right across the board, including the campaign and stripping it to two nations and a brand new battle generator.

Maybe there's a few more issues than anticipated.

Edited by Skeksis

I was kinda hoping it'd come out today, but today is labor day, so I'm hoping it'll come out tomorrow. I don't see how it's so hard for them to type up four sentences at least every week updating us on their progress. I feel like most people, myself included, wouldn't mind delays if they told us why and kept us updated on what they was doing.

14 minutes ago, Commander-Alexander-Reed said:

I REALLY hope this new company isn't going to completely turn this game in another direction with ads or even in-game purchases and stuff like that. 

There's more chance that they cancel it than turn it into some micro-transaction hell. The base of the game is not even good as a f2p model.

Assets on the other hand.. :)